Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most improved fighter of recent times?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most improved fighter of recent times?

This isn't a dig at Amir Khan it honestly isn't but I have to go with Breidis Prescott.

Despite his losses (he beat McCloskey for me)

Everytime this guy fights I see such improvement its just a shame his gas tank sucks and hes only an 8 round fighter.

His jab is a missile.
    His balance, punch selection, timing has got so much better. I am quite impressed with his footwork (compared to how it was)
    He really is such an improved fighter. Great chin, huge heart, lots of pop & some good head movement.
    I really hope he can sort his stamina out but the guy puts so much into his shots.

Here is a recent fight against highly regarded prospect Mike Alvarado.
    A very good fight Breidis was dominating before he gassed & fell at the final hurdle

Honestly look at that jab.

JCC Jr.

Canelo

Comment

Originally posted by Panginoon View Post
      JCC Jr.

Canelo

Good calls! I just wish Canelo would showcase his skills against some top level opposition in his respected weight class.

Comment

People may laugh, and I cant actually believe I'm saying this but.........what about Tyson Fury? Hes developed quite a effective "fight tall" style that seems to be working for him...At least he isnt punching himself in the face anymore..

Comment

most improved?? it would probably have to be sergio martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by Sage84 View Post
            People may laugh, and I cant actually believe I'm saying this but.........what about Tyson Fury? Hes developed quite a effective "fight tall" style that seems to be working for him...At least he isnt punching himself in the face anymore..
            why would they laugh? hes gotten better certainly, but is it enough?

Comment

Though it was against Vinny Maddalone that fight in particular showed me at least that he had improved an awful lot.
              I am really glad he not only realises his weight was an issue but is doing something about it too.

That said I'd still pick Price to do a job on him.

Comment

maybe the guy in your sig, Lucas Matthyse....I guess you could say he was always good... but despite coming up short on a couple of occasions and being sent back to the drawing board.... he learned from experience, made changes, improved in how he attacks and won his championship in impressive fashion over a really good fighter.

Comment

oh yea great call on Fury.

Comment

For me, most improved fighter of the last couple years is JCCjr.

He's the underdog vs Serge and rightfully so, but its a legit fight.

It took alot of improvement on Jr's part for that to be true.

Comment

Working...
                    X