Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vitali Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

who take the win

Vitali Klitschko. Prime Vitali prety much beats every HW pre 1980
    mrbig1 mrbig1 moneytheman Ascended like this.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Fast View Post
      Vitali Klitschko. Prime Vitali prety much beats every HW pre 1980
      I can't put into words how ****ing ******ed that statement is.

I tried this match up on FNC playing as Marciano and I got KTFO but, FNC tenders to tall boxers. Anyway it's irrelevant.

In a 15 rounder the Rock definitely gets a stoppage victory and there is no bones about it, if it gets to 15 Rock wins 10/10 (Unless a cut stoppage.)

In a 12 rounder I think Rock will get the Late KO around the ninth with an even scorecard after Vitali tires around the 7th from the accumulation of body punches and just being hit constantly(The Rock didn't care if punches hit your arms, shoulders etc. Everything takes its toll).

I honestly think the Rock's crouch would wreak havoc on Vitali's big straight punches which must travel a long distance.

In a 3 fight series(especially in these days) I could see Vitali getting a cut stoppage win.
      Last edited by Barn; 04-15-2011, 05:22 AM.

Comment

I think Marciano late stoppage but i wouldnt rule out a decision win for Vitali either,very interesting match-up

Comment

Marciano stops him late after gettin beaten up himself for a while...............

Comment

There would be a chance Marciano would make Vitali quit espesially if it was a 15 rounder. I think Vitali would have a problem with Marciano's pace and intensity. Vitali has never been knocked out but a human can only take so much and a fighter like Marciano would be all over Vitali. Marciano would get to Vitali eventually and once he did the punches would come at a tempo and power that Vitali can't match. And from all different sorts of angles, Archi Moore compared it to trying to fight an air plane propeller.

Marciano most likely by Ko but could win a decision if Vitali some how made it through the 12 or 15 rounds.
            Last edited by Holtol; 04-14-2011, 12:18 PM.

Comment

I never dismiss Rocky's greatness. But these are two different weight classes. If you saw them stand face to face in a boxing ring, you would get a sick feeling that you were about to see a gross mismatch.

Comment

Rocky Marciano KO inside of 6 rounds. Anything after that and Vitali is so gassed he takes more unnecessary punishment and then gets knocked out.

Comment

Imagine if Marciano would have fought in the 1920s he would knock Vitali out in the irst round.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Demon View Post
                    I think Marciano late stoppage but i wouldnt rule out a decision win for Vitali either,very interesting match-up
                    Interesting is right. People under-estimate how badly punching down at a target takes the power right out of your shots --- not that Klitschko is an especially big hitter anyway, & Marciano had a great chin, but if anyone thinks the size disparity makes it all one way in Klitschko's favour, they should think again.

People also like to try their hand at criticising Marciano's opposition, but he has by far the edge when compared with Klitschko.

On the other hand, Klitschko does fight tall well, & even though I don't rate him nearly as highly as most people (he will always be over-rated to me), he has a strong case here. It would be interesting.

Comment

Working...
                    X