Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could a prime Arturo Gatti competed against today's top JWW/WW fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crazyboy867 View Post
    How well do you think Arturo Gatti would have competed against today's jr welterweight/welterweight fighters.

I'm talking about guys like...

- Terrence Crawford
    - Adrien Broner
    - Ruslan Provodnikov
    - Lucas Matthysse
    - Keith Thurman
    - Shawn Porter
    - Amir Khan
    - Tim Bradley
    - Danny Garcia

I think Porter and Thurman beats him only cause of their speed. Everyone else gets their ass kicked.
    LOOL you think Bradley, Khan and Gracia, who have all fought better opposition than Porter and Thurman AND won, would lose to Gatto? Cmon now.

Gatti was fun and would probably have some great fights, especially with Prov or Matt but he was a c level slugger. Nothing more.

Comment

He beats Provodnikov, Adrien Broner, stands a very good chance against Khan and I'm not sure how he does against Matthysse. I don't even want to talk about Crawford, I support the guy but he hasn't done anything impressive so I'm not even gonna talk about that fight.

He loses to the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
        People proving they don't watch fights... Gatti was faster and slicker than Crawford..Think Lundy puts a glove on Gatti? People only know Gatti from the Ward and Mayweather fights. The guy was fast, had power, a great chin and threw some of the best combinations you will ever see. TC and his Gamboa midget problems gets fu(king sparked... Only person who beats him on that list is Bradley and that's if he stays out of a war...Next all these guys will be beating Mosley and De La Hoya SMH
        agree, he could box, the thing is that he would forget about it as soon as he got punched, at least most of the time.

Comment

I know broner isnt the most loved guy on this forum but he beats the snot out of Gatti....Gatti cant outbox him....Broner is faster, counters good, better hand speed, and harder to hit

Broner is a class over a Gatti

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
            Crawford was getting tagged by Lundy round after round...And has average hand speed at best..

You laugh because you have no argument

Comment

Crawford was getting tagged by Lundy round after round...And has average hand speed at best..

You laugh because you have no argument
              True. Gatti was incredibly difficult to hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                True. Gatti was incredibly difficult to hit.
                If you think the guy that got rocked and nearly beaten by Gamboa survives the wars with Ward you are a fanboy and nothing more...I'm not a huge Gatti fan, He was easy to hit when he lost his head which was pretty much all the time...but He was also fast and durable and had good pop on his shots.

Who's the best fighter TC has beaten again? Ray Beltran?

Comment

Gatti was a decent SFW and LW. His JWW run wad pretty much against LW's moving up. He could have out slugged Provodnikov. That's possible.

Comment

If you think the guy that got rocked and nearly beaten by Gamboa survives the wars with Ward you are a fanboy and nothing more...I'm not a huge Gatti fan, He was easy to hit when he lost his head which was pretty much all the time...but He was also fast and durable and had good pop on his shots.

Who's the best fighter TC has beaten again? Ray Beltran?
                    Is this a serious post? Ward was a club fighter. He would have been embarrassed by Crawford. Gatti would have been killed by Gamboa.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                      Is this a serious post? Ward was a club fighter. He would have been embarrassed by Crawford. Gatti would have been killed by Gamboa.
                      Now Gamboa beats Gatti....You guys are a joke... I'm actually embarrassed you are a fellow Cotto fan.

Comment

Working...
                      X