Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steve Smoger's take on Cotto-Margarito (Great Read)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

steve smoger is a hero to people all across the world

Comment

I love Smoger, he should ref all the big fights. Smoger and Bayless are my favorites. They are so good, you don't even notice them in the ring sometimes.

I like how Smoger always comes off as respectful and humble. You can tell he always feels honored to work a big fight.

Comment

Smogers a good ref. I always worry that his genuine care for teh fighters will make him stop fights prematurely though.

It's always funny to see him kiss the fighters after they've been knocked out, He's always been "weird" to me in that regard.

Comment

Great read.

But one thing is that its the ref's decision to stop the fight. If he didnt want to stop the fight, he didnt really have to. Its just if anything happened, it woud have been on his ass

Comment

He's been the top ref for years. Before him, and I know this is going to draw a lot of criticism from you youngsters who have followed the sport maybe 3 or 4 years, but Cortez was probably the number one guy before him. Now I'll admit Cortez is pretty bad. Smoger is the clear number one, and I'd put Bayless and Weeks up there as well.

Picking out the consistently awful ones is much easier:
            You got Nady, Neumann, Cappuccino, Cotton and anybody who's ever officiated a fight in Germany.

Comment

First credit to the guy, he reffed a good fight and made the right call. It's cool that he talks about the officiating, but

I'm uncomfortable with refs talking about the actual fight and about boxers.

You want warriors? Give me Tony Margarito! Give me Miguel Cotto! They weren’t going nowhere, brother! I love these two fighters!
              Who wants to be reffed by Smoger in their next fight with Cotto or Margarito now?
              Last edited by Weebler I; 12-05-2011, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Steve Smoger is the man!

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  First credit to the guy, he reffed a good fight and made the right call. It's cool that he talks about the officiating, but

Who wants to be reffed by Smoger in their next fight with Cotto or Margarito now?
                  Why not? He just said they are warriors and he respects both fighters

Theres not such thing as a completely objective ref but smoger is as class as it gets

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post

i dont get whats so wrong with that?? he didnt say he favored one over the other, he just said theyre both warriors (which they are)

Comment

Smoger and Bayless = the 2 best refs in the sport.

Much respect for Smoger.

Comment

Working...
                      X