No announcement yet.

NWO: Clottey vs Mosley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NWO: Clottey vs Mosley

Alright guys. We've gone over Pac-Clottey and Shane-Floyd. We know Clottey and Shane are both underdogs, and Clottey's seen as more of an underdog than Shane. But lets say they both win their fights and neither fight goes to a rematch. We're looking at a pretty good fight imo between Clottey and Shane.

This was looking like a strong possibility before Shane-Berto ended up getting signed. I'd be hyped for this one. I'd favor Shane slightly, but Clottey could definitely beat him. Shane could control **** from outside, but in close I think Clottey could really let loose on him. Really a tossup fight to me, maybe 60-40 for Shane. If this one went down later this year, how the neutral brethren see this fight going?

Proper fight. Shane likes to fight in close and Clottey can match his handspeed on the inside. Shane has more power but Clottey can also match his chin. This fight would be great. Mind you, the stated scenario here is assuming Clottey has beaten Pac. Doubtful he KO's him, so that to me means he finally brought 12 full rounds worth of pressure without taking breaks. If that Clottey showed up vs Shane, I think Clottey UD's him. His defense and chin would fluster Shane if he stayed on him every step of the way.

Comment

I don't like the combination of clottey's low workrate late in fights and his predictible style vs Shane and brother nas' gameplanning. A fight I would love to see but I'm going Shane.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
        I don't like the combination of clottey's low workrate late in fights and his predictible style vs Shane and brother nas' gameplanning. A fight I would love to see but I'm going Shane.
        If Clottey could beat Pac, I'm sure he could beat Shane. With the stamina to fight a full 12 rounds, Clottey not only is a threat to beat Shane, but I'd favor him.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
          I agree with this.

But what is up with the Clottey vs threads lately? Lol, it's gonna be the same result every time(if you use elite opponents). Clottey has no killer instinct and low work rate, he will lose. lol

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
            I agree with this.

But what is up with the Clottey vs threads lately? Lol, it's gonna be the same result every time(if you use elite opponents). Clottey has no killer instinct and low work rate, he will lose. lol
            I agree with the assessment of Clottey losing to top fighters due to his low workrate. The basis of this thread is all hypothetical. What's missing from the Clottey package is activity in fights. If he had more he'd be a threat to any top WW.

Comment

This is an interesting fight, presuming Clottey gets past Pac which is unlikely then who would be to say he doesn't have a serious shot against SSM.

You also have to consider that after the Floyd/Shane and Pac/Clottey fights, some time will have gone by before Clottey/Shane actually happens.

This would be time where Shane's ability may decline a bit, every month can make a big difference in terms of ability on the highest level of professional sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                This is an interesting fight, presuming Clottey gets past Pac which is unlikely then who would be to say he doesn't have a serious shot against SSM.

You also have to consider that after the Floyd/Shane and Pac/Clottey fights, some time will have gone by before Clottey/Shane actually happens.

This would be time where Shane's ability may decline a bit, every month can make a big difference in terms of ability on the highest level of professional sports.
                Exactly mate. I think Shane is really up for the PBF fight. It's the fight of his life and he's waited a long time. After that if he wins, emotionally and physically I'm not sure he'll have a ton left in the tank. And again, if Clottey had shown the goods to get past Pac, a win over Mosley months from then is a strong possibility to me.

Comment

If Clottey can beat Pac, he can beat SSM. Pac got more speed, better defense, and got good footwork. He a tougher match for Clottey than SSM is. I know styles make fights, but if Clottey beat Pac I'd bet on him to take SSM too. Of course Clottey would have to have UD'd Pac clearly, not got him wit a big KO punch.

Comment

Clottey looked excellent V Zab for most of the fight- another fast lefty, but he went into this shell v cotto, who's face was sliced open. But against these elite rh pressure fighters, he can't seem to last.

I'll take Shane over Clottey with anyone if they both win. All you fools are going down on that bet!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X