Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge

Old 09-18-2017, 10:14 AM #21
Emeritus Champion

Quoted: 2268 Post(s)
BostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 10,000,000,000,000,000,905,969,664.00
Total Points: 10,000,015,100,000,000,161,087,488.00
Appreciation and respect. - -Scott-Weiland- Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- Happy Holidays! - MDPopescu Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Merry Christmas bud! - TBear 
Happy Christmas/Holidays, all the best for 2016. Thanks for all your help as a mod. - Box-Office thanks for the love in the 'poster of the year' thread :kiss: - -jose- Happy New Year Bro, All the best for 2016 - Rocky... 'golden shower' :lol1: I haven't heard that term since high school - -jose- great moderation, thanks for keeping the forum free of garbage - Omowale Tribe 
Thanks for ze green - Beercules TBE mod - Santa_ my nigga! :kiss: - -jose- Thanks man! - .BronzeBomber. cheers enjoy the summer. - Amazinger 
no disrespect to the hom0s but I don't understand how done guys turn gay with so many fine women in this world  :kiss: - -jose- No Message - jaded Merry Christmas Boston - TBear I know WOW she's bad! - -jose- For the efforts thank you man. - Accountoffline 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Gay and Lesbian Pride - Risty 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - MDPopescu World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Accountoffline Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Accountoffline 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scipio2009 View Post
I definitely missed the boat on Google (had $2k in hand to buy the stock at around $150, but couldn't make sense of how their business worked before things exploded), but what was it about Twitter that made/makes you think that it'd be around in 50 years, nevermind another 10?

Google and Facebook have figured out ways to monetize their traffic, but Twitter has yet to really find that formula.
Twitter was a purely speculative stock. I sometimes buy and sell stocks based on my own speculation. I bought Twitter because its founder Jack Dorsey came back to the company. I thought it would give the stock a boost - and it did - but once it was evident that the company's problems still persisted - the stock declined and I lost about $3K on it. However, I had the discipline to dump the stock, take my losses, and invest the proceeds in other stocks.

In response to your comment about Google about "missing the boat," I don't think that this is true at all. Alphabet (parent co of Google) is a diversified, well managed, innovative company that I think will be around in the next 100 years. I think there's plenty of growth opportunity in this stock.

Just look at Berkshire Hathaway. Twenty years ago it was trading at $43,000 a share. I bet a lot of investors stated the same thing "I missed the boat, it's too expensive." Well, now it's trading at $271,000 a share. It's a fallacy to look at stocks that way.
BostonGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 10:37 AM #22
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 6279 Post(s)
Sugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,008,742,533,535,066,226,688.00
Total Points: 7,032,782,828,335,066,513,408.00
you need more gifts, have a beer - sugarsmosley A beer to go along with your winnings from tonight's bets! :) - Tyler_Durden You know your sh1t! have a beer on me - jas a truly ATG poster - here's an apple to sustain that brain power - jas It's Easter time, here's an Easter Egg for being the most knowledgeable poster bar none - jas 
Always spitting out the truth. - Augustane You made some good and fair points for Pac Algieri matchup - hectari couldnt green, but excellent post on violent crime punishment - sugarsmosley appreciate the green - -jose- cheers - Beercules 
beer's on me bro - Mike D Well said - -jose- racist coward - boxingsupreme87 Real talk - jas war sugar - Mike D 
No Message - mathed Have some popcorn my brotha! - Mighty_Windir Suck my BBC, yall will lose then never see a repurblican win again.,, - STAX ON DECK For think'n you're relevant ! LOL ! - BERNIE'S CORNER Good posts - ΣNΣMY 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - jas Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jas Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jas Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - jas AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonGuy View Post
Twitter was a purely speculative stock. I sometimes buy and sell stocks based on my own speculation. I bought Twitter because its founder Jack Dorsey came back to the company. I thought it would give the stock a boost - and it did - but once it was evident that the company's problems still persisted - the stock declined and I lost about $3K on it. However, I had the discipline to dump the stock, take my losses, and invest the proceeds in other stocks.

In response to your comment about Google about "missing the boat," I don't think that this is true at all. Alphabet (parent co of Google) is a diversified, well managed, innovative company that I think will be around in the next 100 years. I think there's plenty of growth opportunity in this stock.

Just look at Berkshire Hathaway. Twenty years ago it was trading at $43,000 a share. I bet a lot of investors stated the same thing "I missed the boat, it's too expensive." Well, now it's trading at $271,000 a share. It's a fallacy to look at stocks that way.

Correct,,, If a company is healthy, it will grow earnings and revenue streams. This creating more value for shareholders..

GE started off with the lightbulb, now look at how many things they have, same with ATT, Microsoft, Apple, etc..

That's why even though a,Avon is really, really high, I have bought some in the past few months anytime it goes under 990, because I feel that 20,30 years, Amazon will be even more massive and highly profitable
Sugar Adam Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 11:53 AM #23
Emeritus Champion

Quoted: 2268 Post(s)
BostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 10,000,000,000,000,000,905,969,664.00
Total Points: 10,000,015,100,000,000,161,087,488.00
Appreciation and respect. - -Scott-Weiland- Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- Happy Holidays! - MDPopescu Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Merry Christmas bud! - TBear 
Happy Christmas/Holidays, all the best for 2016. Thanks for all your help as a mod. - Box-Office thanks for the love in the 'poster of the year' thread :kiss: - -jose- Happy New Year Bro, All the best for 2016 - Rocky... 'golden shower' :lol1: I haven't heard that term since high school - -jose- great moderation, thanks for keeping the forum free of garbage - Omowale Tribe 
Thanks for ze green - Beercules TBE mod - Santa_ my nigga! :kiss: - -jose- Thanks man! - .BronzeBomber. cheers enjoy the summer. - Amazinger 
no disrespect to the hom0s but I don't understand how done guys turn gay with so many fine women in this world  :kiss: - -jose- No Message - jaded Merry Christmas Boston - TBear I know WOW she's bad! - -jose- For the efforts thank you man. - Accountoffline 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Gay and Lesbian Pride - Risty 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - MDPopescu World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Accountoffline Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Accountoffline 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
Correct,,, If a company is healthy, it will grow earnings and revenue streams. This creating more value for shareholders..

GE started off with the lightbulb, now look at how many things they have, same with ATT, Microsoft, Apple, etc..

That's why even though a,Avon is really, really high, I have bought some in the past few months anytime it goes under 990, because I feel that 20,30 years, Amazon will be even more massive and highly profitable
I bought both Amazon and Alphabet earlier this year - I could only afford 2 shares of each...
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.

I will continually buy these two companies as I get money to invest. These companies are still growing, albeit slower, and will eventually pay dividends.
BostonGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 01:09 PM #24
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3659 Post(s)
Scipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 50,244,791.11
liar - cheeseburger agenda troll - cheeseburger 8===o - cheeseburger agenda troll - cheeseburger enjoy - -MAKAVELLI- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonGuy View Post

Short-sighted or not, Alphabet had it's toes in a ton of different speculative pies that are being covered up by the dominance it has in web search. There's too much going on there, in addition to the entry price of $1000 per share, for me to be confident in putting my money there.

Berkshire Hathaway is an entirely different business; if I had the $270k, I'd put the money with Buffet right now. Berkshire, at it's very root, is an insurance company that takes its margin (amount paid in premium less the payouts) and looks to invest in quality businesses in times of distress.

As much as Buffet doesn't say much, his business makes more than enough sense to invest with him.
Scipio2009 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 01:41 PM #25
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 855 Post(s)
b morph has a reputation beyond reputeb morph has a reputation beyond reputeb morph has a reputation beyond reputeb morph has a reputation beyond reputeb morph has a reputation beyond reputeb morph has a reputation beyond reputeb morph has a reputation beyond reputeb morph has a reputation beyond reputeb morph has a reputation beyond reputeb morph has a reputation beyond reputeb morph has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 47,537.19
Total Points: 200,000,187,905.82
Stick it in your a55 lolololol - Pretty Boy32 Upping them skills.  Good job, man. - anthonydavid11 Keep up the good fight fella - BrometheusBob. 

I have a Roth IRA. That's the most investing I've ever done. I don't even make maximum contributions.
b morph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 05:33 PM #26
Dinamita

Quoted: 862 Post(s)
_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 467,640,758,774,468.94
Total Points: 10,468,865,095,293,060.00
War Ortiz!!!!!!! - Sir TomJones Thank you bro. - -Pull ma Finga- Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem 
Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem kick this fool, he racist - The Problem Good man, cold one on me - Alx. You deserve more of these - Alx. war sutherland - Mike D 
That long post in White Knight thread had me in tears lol. - Box-Office Wouldn't let me green you just yet - mathed No Message - PorterIsFuture Appreciate the advice. Keep ballin, big pimp boss player. Dueces. - Anxious Times Cunt - Fists_of_Fury 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Problem Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Problem Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Problem 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
How old are you and what is your timeline for retirement?
I'm 28, retirement is something that has never crossed my mind and have never had any financial mentor or anybody to show me anything about money. Just starting this year to self educate myself on things.
_original_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 05:37 PM #27
Dinamita

Quoted: 862 Post(s)
_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 467,640,758,774,468.94
Total Points: 10,468,865,095,293,060.00
War Ortiz!!!!!!! - Sir TomJones Thank you bro. - -Pull ma Finga- Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem 
Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem kick this fool, he racist - The Problem Good man, cold one on me - Alx. You deserve more of these - Alx. war sutherland - Mike D 
That long post in White Knight thread had me in tears lol. - Box-Office Wouldn't let me green you just yet - mathed No Message - PorterIsFuture Appreciate the advice. Keep ballin, big pimp boss player. Dueces. - Anxious Times Cunt - Fists_of_Fury 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Problem Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Problem Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Problem 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billeau2 View Post
There are many ways of investing. We live in a society where people are told to save and there are so many vehicles pushed to save, yet investing is given short shift. If you are a smart guy who has a mind for complexity you can learn options...Options can hedge risk, magnify profit and, create tremendous leverage. The only problem being that you need activity, ups and downs, to really make money with Options.

I started out reading all the usual suspects, Buffet, the Merry Fools, etc... I found out much to my chagrin that a lot of what we are told is exactly what rich people, people who make money do not do!

For example:

Mortgaging your property to the hilt gives you a great mortgage deduction, and it gives you capital to work with instead of giving it to the bank. Why pay interest to the mortgage company, take the money on interest only payments, that would go to pay down the mortgage, put it in an interest bearing account now you get the interest! If you must pay the mortgage off, then you can still do so with the account you started.

Life Insurance contracts. You can actually do this with certain annuities as well: put money in that is tax deferred forever! It just keeps passing down, and you can borrow against it. Yet we are told that life insurance is for insurance purposes...rich people use these contracts to shield money from taxes. When you do the actual research cash research policies are actually a godsend...yet we are told they are a waste of money.

Trusts. Trusts help shield money and liability as well, I put all my sh1t in trusts and own nothing in my name.

Stock strategies: They did a study and let monkeys throw sh1t at a board, kids pick stocks, an index fund and professional stock pickers...the monkeys kicked azz! There are some great ways to work with stocks and bonds that people don't use. bonds can be used to stack against a mortgage so in 30 years, you can pay a mortgage down for a fraction of the cost.

Finally get in quick if you find a niche! I used tax liens for years, averaged very high, about 12% until all the banks put together syndicates that buy these in bulk now. Crypto is next, the illuminati tried to break it and they couldn't there is a chance to make a fortune in the next year but after that? the big boys will jump in.

Good luck. I remember talking to Sugar and he knows his sh1t.

Thank you for dropping some knowledge here. Could you just go into further detail on the bolded?
_original_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 05:54 PM #28
Big Tummy

Quoted: 2349 Post(s)
B.UTLER has a reputation beyond reputeB.UTLER has a reputation beyond reputeB.UTLER has a reputation beyond reputeB.UTLER has a reputation beyond reputeB.UTLER has a reputation beyond reputeB.UTLER has a reputation beyond reputeB.UTLER has a reputation beyond reputeB.UTLER has a reputation beyond reputeB.UTLER has a reputation beyond reputeB.UTLER has a reputation beyond reputeB.UTLER has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 11,122,702,601.16
No Message - B.UTLER No Message - B.UTLER No Message - B.UTLER No Message - B.UTLER No Message - B.UTLER 
No Message - B.UTLER No Message - B.UTLER No Message - B.UTLER No Message - B.UTLER No Message - B.UTLER 
Sh1ttest thread starter for May.. congratulations on your achievement - !! Anorak Have some cake mah bud! - Mighty_Windir ayan - Kuyukut No Message - Kuyukut para sa puwet mo - Kuyukut 
Enjoy bro - BrometheusBob. Ask and you shall receive - JimRaynor No Message - -jose- . - BrometheusBob. One of boxingscene's best - Freedom2111 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - JimRaynor 

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned to invest in boats
B.UTLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 06:05 PM #29
Big Tummy

B.UTLER has a reputation beyond reputeB.UTLER has a reputation beyond reputeB.UTLER has a reputation beyond reputeB.UTLER has a reputation beyond reputeB.UTLER has a reputation beyond reputeB.UTLER has a reputation beyond reputeB.UTLER has a reputation beyond reputeB.UTLER has a reputation beyond reputeB.UTLER has a reputation beyond reputeB.UTLER has a reputation beyond reputeB.UTLER has a reputation beyond repute
Sh1ttest thread starter for May.. congratulations on your achievement - !! Anorak Have some cake mah bud! - Mighty_Windir ayan - Kuyukut No Message - Kuyukut para sa puwet mo - Kuyukut 
Enjoy bro - BrometheusBob. Ask and you shall receive - JimRaynor No Message - -jose- . - BrometheusBob. One of boxingscene's best - Freedom2111 

if you $10,000 to gamble in 1 stock where would you put it?

All my money is in savings, time deposit, mutual funds and 401k.

I don't own a single individual stock at all. For years I've been wanting to.

Also which stock software is recommended for buying long term stock not day trading.
Old 09-18-2017, 06:07 PM #30
Big Tummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff Pandas View Post
Read. Anything Buffet or Charlie Munger related is a good start. There are a couple good books about them. There are many online resources that discuss investing in the stock market & other areas. I'd spend as much time learning about investing as you can.

I was dabbling in the stock market last year/earlier this year & had about a ~40%-50% ROI (iirc) & I largely did that well off of reading & listening to podcasts ("Chating with Traders" is probably my favorite investing podcast which wouldn't be a bad listen for anyone with interest in investing). I quit to focus on the crypto market doe.

And if you aren't a reader or want to put in that sorta time learning about it & just got some money you wanna put to work just keep up with trends & technology & winning companies. That alone, while not trying to be some slick day trader like so many knuckleheads try to do with zero f#cking ability, with just sticking money in whatever company & not paying much attention to it but once a day, once a week or once a month is probably a winning strategy for the long term.

I believe Sugar is the resident stock market guy here doe he should have some more detailed & better advice for you then I.

I'm jealous this dude is getting 50% roi while my money rots in the bank and low roi mutual funds

Share This With Friends

Tags
investing., let's, talk

User Tag List