Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RJJ: ''We've Never SEEN ANYBODY Do What THEY Wanna DO AGAINST GGG'' ROpeADope LUring!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RJJ: ''We've Never SEEN ANYBODY Do What THEY Wanna DO AGAINST GGG'' ROpeADope LUring!

Sounds like music to my ears every time I watch the masterpiece Nelo did on GGG!

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
    Sounds like music to my ears every time I watch the masterpiece Nelo did on GGG!
    ? He got turned into a track star.I thought i was watching the Olympics.

Comment

Originally posted by ippo View Post
      ? He got turned into a track star.I thought i was watching the Olympics.
      Really? When other boxers use lateral movement and play rope a dope they're considered ATGs!!

The irony that when Floyd or Lara use ring movement they're runners and justified.. but when Alvarez did it, GGG fans automatically make Golovkin higher caliber than Lara or Floyd...

Comment

He didn't do what he wanted. He retreated to the ropes. He did the same thing against Mayweather. Golovkin never took full advantage of him on the ropes.

When he went to the ropes it was an indication that he was tired and taking a breather. Not that he was in control. Golovkin's hesitancy made it look better for Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
          He didn't do what he wanted. He retreated to the ropes. He did the same thing against Mayweather. Golovkin never took full advantage of him on the ropes.

When he went to the ropes it was an indication that he was tired and taking a breather. Not that he was in control. Golovkin's hesitancy made it look better for Canelo.
          Thats my interpretation of Canelo on the ropes (Breather), and that also gave GGG a chance to throw his shots (Mostly at the head), and it also gave other the impression that GGG was landing when he wasn't.

Comment

It was a bit wierd watching Kellerman go into his long anti-Golovkin/pro-Canelo diatribe right before the fight but even weirder listening to an emotionally biased Roy Jones Jr. continued cheerleading Canelo throughout

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              Thats my interpretation of Canelo on the ropes (Breather), and that also gave GGG a chance to throw his shots (Mostly at the head), and it also gave other the impression that GGG was landing when he wasn't.
              For the life of me, I couldn't understand why Golovkin didn't attack him to the body. Especially when he was on the ropes. The fight played out much as I anticipated but Golovkin's approach was still baffling and he did miss a lot to the head.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
                There is a difference between doing the ropadope and trying to survive, Canelo was clearly trying to survive.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
                  For the life of me, I couldn't understand why Golovkin didn't attack him to the body. Especially when he was on the ropes. The fight played out much as I anticipated but Golovkin's approach was still baffling and he did miss a lot to the head.
                  I think he wanted to take Canelo out in style. He did abandon his downstairs work.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    I think he wanted to take Canelo out in style. He did abandon his downstairs work.
                    I agree he wanted a spectacular KO. What made him effective in the past is how he systematically broke down an opponent. He did that by going to the body. Canelo has a strong chin so if he was vulnerable it would be to the body. I still think Golovkin edged it but it seemed like he made it closer than it should have been.

Comment

Working...
                    X