• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
    The Demographic doesn't like this...

Glaser says promoters lying and it only did 110k LMAO

Comment

Those would be good numbers, more than I expected which was 50k-150k. I googled it and all I could find was this:

https://www.sportsnewsgist.com/boxin...k-says-source/

Golovkin vs. Jacobs PPV numbers 130K to 150K says source

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Schmeling View Post
        Not all (Canadian market still missing) figures are there yet, but the fight drew at least 220k buys. Fight generated +14 mio on PPV revenues and 4.9 mio at the gate.

GGG walks away with 4.75 mio and Jacobs with 3.25 mio. The PPV did better than expected, therefore both guys split an additional 3.8 million 60/40.
        Why would you create a Thread without a source?

I made one that has at least a credible one

Comment

Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
          The Demographic doesn't like this...
          BostonGuy..........

Comment

I just googled "GGG vs Jacobs PPV numbers 220k" and the lead link is this thread. Other links are from before the fight, people making predictions.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
              More importantly, people are finally learning about Canadian PPV buys.

How much of Canadian PPV buys for Lemeiux? Does anybody really think USA based PPV buys for Lemeiux did more than 10k?

How many Canadian PPV fans cared to watch GGGv vs Jacobs? Considering the fact their dude lost to GGG or Jacobs was an underdog?

This fight probably did 150k Max.

Now how many Canadian PPV buys will want to pay for Alvarez vs Chavez Jr?
              I'm Canadian and i bought it...so add 1. I did however, not buy lemieux vs stevens, which was also ppv in canada, but cheaper. I'm from the west coast and don't know one serious lemieux fan, but plenty of ggg fans.

Comment

Originally posted by R-C View Post
                Why would you create a Thread without a source?

I made one that has at least a credible one
                This thread is giving GGG fans false hope. I can only imagine the GGG fangirls that haven't been online all day come in see this and think wow not bad. Then realize it was just trolling and see you post the with correct numbers and link. Depression and sadness follows. LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                  I'm Canadian and i bought it...so add 1. I did however, not buy lemieux vs stevens, which was also ppv in canada, but cheaper. I'm from the west coast and don't know one serious lemieux fan, but plenty of ggg fans.
                  Lemieux i's no Pascal or Stevenson considering his accomplishments. Still there was a demand for Berto vs Floyd. Not hard to believe that at least 70k Canadian buys were because of Lemeiux. How many PPV buys were because of Jacobs? Out of 150 ÷2. 75k Americans for Jacobs do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
                    Lemieux i's no Pascal or Stevenson considering his accomplishments. Still there was a demand for Berto vs Floyd. Not hard to believe that at least 70k Canadian buys were because of Lemeiux. How many PPV buys were because of Jacobs? Out of 150 ÷2. 75k Americans for Jacobs do you think?
                    Idk...but the west coast of canada and ontario/quebec might as well be 2 different countries. Lemieux isn't winning any fans over here waving that separatist flag around.

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Schmeling View Post
                      Not all (Canadian market still missing) figures are there yet, but the fight drew at least 220k buys. Fight generated +14 mio on PPV revenues and 4.9 mio at the gate.

GGG walks away with 4.75 mio and Jacobs with 3.25 mio. The PPV did better than expected, therefore both guys split an additional 3.8 million 60/40.
                      Source? In another post you posted that there was a live gate of 19K (doubt it but ok). You say they got 4.9 million from the live gate. That means an average ticket was a whopping $257. Highly doubt it, but humor me with a link.

Comment

Working...
                      X