No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gary Lockett Admits: I Considered Stopping After Three

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gary Lockett Admits: I Considered Stopping After Three

Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City - Adrien Broner (26-0, 22 KOs) was caught off guard in the first two rounds by the aggressive nature of Gavin Rees (37-2-1, 19 KOs). Broner let his hands go in the third, and then dropped Rees in the fourth and then the fifth. Not long after the second knockdown, Rees' trainer Gary Lockett jumped on the apron and waved the white towel to sign the end of the fight.

[Click Here To Read More]

Some might disagree, but imo the fight was stopped at just the right time.

also, lol @ this

Ryan ******** ‏@ryan********
    I wonder how Adrien Broner feels knowing that "Rees" is trending worldwide but he isn't. Oh well, that's #boxing
    Last edited by Weebler I; 02-17-2013, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Considered stopping it after 3, WTF? P1ss off Lockett you moron.

Comment

I guess Lockett was more intimidated by Broner than Rees was.

That would've been much too early.

Comment

Rees won the first two rounds. He has one bad round and his trainer considered give up on him...for one round?

I'd be looking for a new trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by RlCKY View Post
            Rees won the first two rounds. He has one bad round and his trainer considered give up on him...for one round?

I'd be looking for a new trainer.
            he got beat up pretty bad in the 3rd and the 2nd was a close round where he was also taking punishment. and while he was hitting broner, they werent clean punches and broner was landing massive right hands on the guy. i dont think it should have been stopped in the thrid but it was obvious after the first that the momentum took a massive swing

Comment

It would've been a very injudicious stoppage at that point.
              Last edited by Levity; 02-17-2013, 02:48 AM.

Comment

Lockett is used to British Refs stopping fights the first time someone lands a clean punch.

He wanted to one up them - show them that he can stop a fight just as quickly as a Calzaghe ref.

Comment

Maybe Lockett was having flashbacks of his trip abroad when he faced Pavlik.

Who knows.

Comment

Reeas ain't you lockett, he wasn't there to put in a pathetic effort and get paid

Comment

Working...
                    X