Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

36 year old GGG is 50/50 with 28 year prime Canelo, prime GGG trashes prime Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
    You cant be serious? Have you watched GGGs early fights at all? GGG was relentless, quick, fast, threw alot of combinations. Why do you think there is basically no offensive minded fighters in all of boxing who can still compete at the highest level at age 36+? GGG at 37 is still very good, but GGG at age 28-33 was just unreal and the reason why Canelo dropped his belt and all the other top fighters avoided him like the plague.

Kovalev was a better LHW than GG MW. Kovalev beat Ward more clearly than GG with Canelo...I legitimately believe the 1st fight was a draw - it wasn't even controversial. The lone score by Byrd wasn't controversial either, it was just corrupt

Comment

Old GGG already trashed Clenny twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
        Is that like when Abel Sanchez said GG lost the rematch, but you GG fans still say he won?

You know, Abel Sanchez, GG's trainer for his entire career? His own trainer said he lost, but you insist he won or draw.

ODLH is a figure head and was a hell of a fighter - he really was. I don't rate his opinion much on anything whether he's pro-Canelo or anti-Floyd. ODLH is a shell of his former self. He has not handled retirement well at all.
        Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
        Lol So abels opinion matters to Canelo fans but not Oscars who is his promotor and in charge of the making fights? Their was a reason Oscar waited as long as he could to try to stall GGG fight as long as he can.
        I'm glad you see the hypocrisy. I don't regard ANYTHING Abel says because he talks way too much. Same goes for Oscar.

If I regarded Abel than I'd think GG won the 1st fight. I'm not being funny or mean, I honestly think it was a draw. If you want to rationally discuss the fight we can. I also felt the rematch was either 7-5 Canelo or another draw. GGG won the event of the 1st fight and Canelo the event of the 2nd fight

Comment

GGG elected not to fight Canelo or Cotto in 2014/2015 in the Middleweight division.

Yes, Canelo and Cotto wanted Middleweight catchweights, but Gennadyovich demanded Andre Ward meet him at SMW catchweight of 164.

You can't say "no catchweights" to smaller guys and demand catchweights for larger guys and expect zero backlash.

And Canelo/Cotto didn't force Gennadyovich to stay in Germany fighting cab drivers until he was 28 years old. That was Gennady and his team's decision.

I mean these GGGholics talked SO MUCH TRASH about how Canelo was going to get KTFO, BENT, STRETCHED, MURDERED, SLEPT...and then GGG did nothing. At best GGG won 7-5, but in reality the fight was a draw.

Meanwhile Canelo fights GGG in September, has knee surgery, gets suspended, and doesn't need to fight Vanes in a tuneup...goes right to GGG and beats him in a close fight. Canelo beat Gennady though, not on the cards, but he literally beat that man. GGG looked horrible after the fight.
          You're exaggerating as usual. You talk about Golovkins fans promising a knockout. The man himself Canelo promised a knockout of Golovkin and didn't even wobble him in that fight. His power punches were so fearsome that they couldn't force Golovkin to abandon the center of the ring. Facial swelling isn't a factor in who won a fight. LOL. Older fighters swell easier. Go look at the Alex Stewart Foreman fight. Foreman was swelling up by the fourth round. Before his comeback he was in a huge slugfest with Ron Lyle and didn't swell up anything like he did in that fight. Golovkin out landed Canelo in the majority of rounds in both fights.
          Golovkin landed more punches to the head in both fights.
          You want Golovkin to fight at a catchweight. Give me the names of three or four reigning Middleweight champions that have cut weight and fought at a catchweight in the last 50 years. Please.

Golovkin did come out and say on camera that the only fighter he would cut weight for is Floyd.

Comment

I'm glad you see the hypocrisy. I don't regard ANYTHING Abel says because he talks way too much. Same goes for Oscar.

If I regarded Abel than I'd think GG won the 1st fight. I'm not being funny or mean, I honestly think it was a draw. If you want to rationally discuss the fight we can. I also felt the rematch was either 7-5 Canelo or another draw. GGG won the event of the 1st fight and Canelo the event of the 2nd fight
            The difference is Oscar is in charge of making the fights, he is the promoter. And we know the fans wanted that fight way before than it was made from Canelo choosing other opponents to dropping the belt. Thats why Oscar had to answer that question because people were wondering why it took so long to make.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
              You're exaggerating as usual. You talk about Golovkins fans promising a knockout. The man himself Canelo promised a knockout of Golovkin and didn't even wobble him in that fight.
              It wasn't either fighter talking about KO's - they always do that...it's promotion. It was YOU - the fans.

So let's be objective:

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...elo+prediction

Poll: 188 votes
              - Canelo: 73 votes to win (56 decision, 17 KO/stoppage)
              - GGG: 115 votes to win (18 decision, 97 KO/stoppage)

More people thought GGG would by KO than Canelo could win under any circumstances. So - YOU - the fans "exaggerated" that GGG would knock Canelo out. So I am not exaggerating.

Own it boy

His power punches were so fearsome that they couldn't force Golovkin to abandon the center of the ring. Facial swelling isn't a factor in who won a fight. LOL. Golovkin out landed Canelo in the majority of rounds in both fights.
              Golovkin landed more punches to the head in both fights.
              Not all punches are equal. If a Lightweight and a Welterweight both punch a Middleweight one of their punches will be stronger.

Just because Gennady threw more punches doesn't mean he was doing more damage. It literally just means the threw more punches.

You look for things like panting (from body shots), wincing, KD's, bruising, swelling, or cuts to indicate effectiveness of punches.

In the first fight - where you allege GGG won - Canelo showed virtually no signs of damage inflicted...despite Gennady landing more punches every round. To be fair GGG also showed no signs of damage in the first fight

In the 2nd fight Canelo battered GGG despite landing less punches per round. GGG was also panting at several points in the fight from body shots. GGG - who was NEVER gone backward in his 38 career fight - was backing up against Canelo. Judges notice that. They notice that Canelo is backing GGG up (who doesn't back up on his own accord). They also notice how bruised and swollen his face was. Likewise judges notice GGG cut Canelo and Canelo cut GGG.

Those are objective ways to evaluate and measure effective aggression.

You want Golovkin to fight at a catchweight. Give me the names of three or four reigning Middleweight champions that have cut weight and fought at a catchweight in the last 50 years. Please.
              You're being too simple. Canelo was not some random MW fighter. He was and is the Face of Boxing...the A side if you will. A sides ALWAYS dictate fight terms. Always:

Margarito met at 150 with a catchweight for Pacman WITH a rehyrdation clause

Canelo met Floyd at 152

Cotto met Manny at 145

Pavlik met BHop at 170

Dawson came DOWN to 168 after calling out Ward

Maidana let Floyd pick his gloves

Floyd let Oscar pick his gloves and the ring size

Canelo let GGG pick the judges in the rematch

Sergio met Cotto at 159 at Cotto's demands

Pacquiao agreed to USADA for Floyd

This is not a Canelo or MW issue. This is A-side stuff. A-side always dictactes fight terms Canelo accountable for it you can, but it existed long before Canelo and will exist long after.

Golovkin did come out and say on camera that the only fighter he would cut weight for is Floyd.
              What does that matter? Those are Golovkin's terms. When you enter in negotiations with another fighter you must find an agreement between both fighter's terms.

Canelo was and is the A-side. Canelo makes the rules. Canelo has the most PPV buys of any active fighter other than Manny and just signed the most lucrative boxing contract ever (besides Floyd...Canelo's is worth more, but Floyd got a $250 million for like 6-8 fights)

If GGG says he won't cut weight than he can't cry when guys fighting at LOWER weights won't fight him. Canelo and Cotto fought at 155. Canelo earned and WON the MW belt at 155. MW is 155-160. Canelo was the face of boxing.

GGG passed up a HUGE legacy fight by balking on 155/157 in negotiations. And when he FINALLY got his shot at 160...he may've squeaked out a win or earned a draw. A DRAW. Embarassing.
              Last edited by Bjl12; 05-05-2019, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
                The difference is Oscar is in charge of making the fights, he is the promoter. And we know the fans wanted that fight way before than it was made from Canelo choosing other opponents to dropping the belt. Thats why Oscar had to answer that question because people were wondering why it took so long to make.
                Ocar was on record saying Canelo would NOT fight Danny Jacobs in May. That's not hard to find.

Canelo fought Danny in May.

Oscar is the figure head

Comment

Prime GGG doesn't exist.

At the age Canelo was fighting Cotto, Lara, GGG, Kirkland, Jacobs...GGG was struggling with the Ian Gardner of the world, even with 300 whatever amateur fights under his belt.

Canelo's amateur experience was in the pros.

GGG @ 26, struggling with Ian Gardner:

Comment

GGG to turn back time when he faces Rolls !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      Prime GGG doesn't exist.

At the age Canelo was fighting Cotto, Lara, GGG, Kirkland, Jacobs...GGG was struggling with the Ian Gardner of the world, even with 300 whatever amateur fights under his belt.

Canelo's amateur experience was in the pros.

GGG @ 26, struggling with Ian Gardner:

Most absurd post of the month.

Comment

Working...
                      X