Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to Otto Warmbier in North Korea?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by man down View Post
    You must be really wrapped up in the deaths surrounding Clinton huh.
    Tell me about them!

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      From what I heard he may have attempted suicide by hanging himself when he thought he was going to prison for many years. They cut him down before he died but don’t have the medical resources to save him.

I hadn't even thought of that. I'd probably try to kill myself too if I somehow ended up in a North Korean labor prison.

Comment

Originally posted by todisday View Post
        Any time I see that kind of stuff, I look upon it with suspicion. If a guy dies from a heart attack after having just criticized Putin months ago, that's suspicious. If a guy is prisoner in Korea, and he comes out brain damaged, that's suspicious.

Personally, IMO, they probably thought he was a spy, and did way too much waterboarding on him, among other things. Torture.

Is there a chance he could've tried to commit suicide? Sure. Is that what I consider the likeliest scenario? No way.

People usually cling on to hope way after it's even reasonable to do so. If you have family, and you know that people are relatively aware of what happened since you were visiting North Korea, there's no reason to off yourself. Only reason would be if you were being actively mistreated, which is akin to torture, anyhow.

Again, North Korea would likely not torture him. Capturing an American is a high commodity. They would have tried to manipulate, exploit and coerce him as a pawn. Kid thought he was facing life in a Korean prison. Coroner (science) stuports the position that it was a botched suicide attempt. Suspicion and speculation does not support the torture or water boarding theory. Rhetoric does not supercede science.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
          Again, North Korea would likely not torture him. Capturing an American is a high commodity. They would have tried to manipulate, exploit and coerce him as a pawn. Kid thought he was facing life in a Korean prison. Coroner (science) stuports the position that it was a botched suicide attempt. Suspicion and speculation does not support the torture or water boarding theory. Rhetoric does not supercede science.
          How?

How is it any more of an indication of suicide rather than potential waterboarding or other torture tactics?

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
            For real. Very dumb
            I lived in South Korea for a couple of years and used to watch the North Korean news. I couldn't go if I wanted to because of my South Korean work visa but people paid a lot of money to go on tours there. I swear every news program they talked about the running dogs of imperialism. LOL.

Watching the news, where they put their best foot forward it looked so dreary and poor, I can only think there was some kind of thrill of the unknown that makes people want to go there.

Comment

Working...
            X