No announcement yet.

The official lounge stock market & investment advice thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by i_am_a_champ View Post
    Will that let me start trading straight away?
    No, App is not live yet and is still being tested. It probably won't be ready till the end of the year/early next year.

Even when the app is ready, there is a waiting list (50K+).

Comment

• Lord Abbott Developing Growth Fund (LAGWX)

https://www.lordabbett.com/en/strate...owth-fund.html

$32.31/share

YTD: 38.55%

1 Year: 56.24%

3 Year: 17.42%

5 Year: 13.84%

10 Year: 13.77%

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
        Here in Cali people line up for blocks to our money down on their cars. Tesla’s are every where here. They will be just fine.
        That has no bearing on the company’s financials or as an investment.

Retail investors fall for the hype, and buying at 320,340,360,384. And now it’s 300 and dropping.

And then retail investors claim it’s rigged

Numbers don’t lie, hype does

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          That has no bearing on the company’s financials or as an investment.

Retail investors fall for the hype, and buying at 320,340,360,384. And now it’s 300 and dropping.

And then retail investors claim it’s rigged

Numbers don’t lie, hype does
          Yea hype will always get you. But no one except day traders should ever buy single/company stock. The risk is just too high. I think diversification via mutual funds is fundamentally better.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
            Here in Cali people line up for blocks to our money down on their cars. Tesla’s are every where here. They will be just fine.
            Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            Musk is brilliant but horrible CEO.

Incredibly mismanaged company. I have no doubt they lie about numbers over the summer.

In the “Jenner rips Snapchat” thread from earlier this year I broke down how Tesla was ****ed up and a horrible investment at this time.
            I made nice money flipping OTM $300 puts.
            More bad news about Tesla

And now the CFO, who has only been there a month has resigned. So that’s 2 CFOs this year that have resigned from Tesla. Stock down 5% premarket

Told y’all Elon cooking them books.

Comment

• And now the head of HR for Tesla has resigned..

Lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                More bad news about Tesla

And now the CFO, who has only been there a month has resigned. So that’s 2 CFOs this year that have resigned from Tesla. Stock down 5% premarket

Told y’all Elon cooking them books.
                Elon Musky Musk is tripping hard.

He just smoked weed on the Joe Rogan podcast.

Not a good look for a billionaire company head to be blazing up with some derp who thought Ronda Rousey was a "once ever in human history" level athlete.

It's like he's trying to destroy his public image.

Comment

• Investing in individual stocks becomes akin to gambling. Long term bet on the market and you are pretty much guaranteed to win. I know people who bet on individual stocks who ended up working until the day they died.

Comment

• Originally posted by HOUDINI563 View Post
                    Investing in individual stocks becomes akin to gambling. Long term bet on the market and you are pretty much guaranteed to win. I know people who bet on individual stocks who ended up working until the day they died.
                    Well you have to have an idea of what you are actually doing when it comes to investing.

If you can’t understand the fundamentals and market concepts, then yes, you shouldn’t be picking your own stocks.

Most people should just index invest.

Comment

• Originally posted by HOUDINI563 View Post
                      Investing in individual stocks becomes akin to gambling. Long term bet on the market and you are pretty much guaranteed to win. I know people who bet on individual stocks who ended up working until the day they died.
                      I hold individual stocks and have done exceptionally well the last 10 years and will continue with this investment approach. I think once I get to a certain point, I'll start investing in mutual funds and ETFs that mirror the Dow and S&P.

Comment

Working...
                      X