Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge

Old 01-19-2019, 01:33 PM #1
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3686 Post(s)
man down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,093.93
Total Points: 50,024.26
Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony 
Default South Carolina inmates to be given tablets for phone calls and watching movies

I dont understand why they cant install blockers. Instead they give up and are going to allow this stuff?
[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]
man down is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 01:57 PM #2
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1424 Post(s)
JcLazyX210 has a reputation beyond reputeJcLazyX210 has a reputation beyond reputeJcLazyX210 has a reputation beyond reputeJcLazyX210 has a reputation beyond reputeJcLazyX210 has a reputation beyond reputeJcLazyX210 has a reputation beyond reputeJcLazyX210 has a reputation beyond reputeJcLazyX210 has a reputation beyond reputeJcLazyX210 has a reputation beyond reputeJcLazyX210 has a reputation beyond reputeJcLazyX210 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 42,188.80

I personally don't have a problem with this. We gotta understand they are still humans and will be rea
Release back into society. Now I don't agree with them having it all the time it's prison / jail not the Marriott.
JcLazyX210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 02:10 PM #3
E-beef Champion

Quoted: 4825 Post(s)
Eddy Current has a reputation beyond reputeEddy Current has a reputation beyond reputeEddy Current has a reputation beyond reputeEddy Current has a reputation beyond reputeEddy Current has a reputation beyond reputeEddy Current has a reputation beyond reputeEddy Current has a reputation beyond reputeEddy Current has a reputation beyond reputeEddy Current has a reputation beyond reputeEddy Current has a reputation beyond reputeEddy Current has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 44,215.83
Debate champ! - Julia Slobberts Excellent debate record! - Julia Slobberts Keep up the good work! - Julia Slobberts #1 - Julia Slobberts The Champ!! - Julia Slobberts 
Wooh! - Julia Slobberts Best poster! - Julia Slobberts Great posting out there! - Julia Slobberts Some cake for the champ!! - Julia Slobberts Great boxing mind! - Julia Slobberts 
Excellent fight predictions!! - Julia Slobberts Slobberts = Champion - Julia Slobberts Slobberts #1! - Julia Slobberts Top poster! - Julia Slobberts Great posting, champ! - Julia Slobberts 
The Champ Slobberts!! - Julia Slobberts Keep up the good posting!! - Julia Slobberts Slobberts is best poster! - Julia Slobberts Great fight predictions!! - Julia Slobberts Keep it up, champ! - Julia Slobberts 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Julia Slobberts Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Julia Slobberts World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Julia Slobberts Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Julia Slobberts 

Technology and humans are becoming more and more married. Humans are becoming dependent on it. At a certain point it will become inhumane to take certain technologies away from people, even if they are inmates.

I think we're close to that point. The feeling of being so connected has been firmly planted into us by now, to the point where suddenly taking that ability to be connected away would be a major shock to the system.

If the average person was plucked from our connected society and made to live alone in a cabin with no connectivity, I think they would eventually be as damaged as inmates who go into solitary confinement for long stretches of time.
Eddy Current is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 02:19 PM #4
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3686 Post(s)
man down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 50,024.26
Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony 

I guess I just don't understand. These people are in prison because of crimes. Give them the internet and they can run a crew, give orders, find out more info about their victims, witnesses ect.

Go on social media plot and plan. This seems crazy to me. Jail isn't supposed to be fun. You're not supposed to have internet and video games so you can enjoy your time or help pass it. It's to punish you and make you think about what you did and why you're there and why you don't want to go back.

Give em **** on the net, social media, unlimited contact and what's the take away from that?
man down is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 02:20 PM #5
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 754 Post(s)
NC Uppercut has a reputation beyond reputeNC Uppercut has a reputation beyond reputeNC Uppercut has a reputation beyond reputeNC Uppercut has a reputation beyond reputeNC Uppercut has a reputation beyond reputeNC Uppercut has a reputation beyond reputeNC Uppercut has a reputation beyond reputeNC Uppercut has a reputation beyond reputeNC Uppercut has a reputation beyond reputeNC Uppercut has a reputation beyond reputeNC Uppercut has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,083.07
Total Points: 13,784.29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
Technology and humans are becoming more and more married. Humans are becoming dependent on it. At a certain point it will become inhumane to take certain technologies away from people, even if they are inmates.

I think we're close to that point. The feeling of being so connected has been firmly planted into us by now, to the point where suddenly taking that ability to be connected away would be a major shock to the system.

If the average person was plucked from our connected society and made to live alone in a cabin with no connectivity, I think they would eventually be as damaged as inmates who go into solitary confinement for long stretches of time.
And to think....we used to have to use pay phones on the road or outside the house. Technology is a great thing, but it is also ruining a large portion of our youth. They are hooked on it. On to inmates... they record all calls that inmates make...this gives the authorities a one up to be able to get more inside info imo. I would think it would have been a smarter move in the upper echelon Frderal Prisons. Not that it matters though. It could be used as a reward, maybe thatís how SC will approach it
NC Uppercut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 02:24 PM #6
E-beef Champion

Quoted: 4825 Post(s)
Eddy Current has a reputation beyond reputeEddy Current has a reputation beyond reputeEddy Current has a reputation beyond reputeEddy Current has a reputation beyond reputeEddy Current has a reputation beyond reputeEddy Current has a reputation beyond reputeEddy Current has a reputation beyond reputeEddy Current has a reputation beyond reputeEddy Current has a reputation beyond reputeEddy Current has a reputation beyond reputeEddy Current has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 44,215.83
Debate champ! - Julia Slobberts Excellent debate record! - Julia Slobberts Keep up the good work! - Julia Slobberts #1 - Julia Slobberts The Champ!! - Julia Slobberts 
Wooh! - Julia Slobberts Best poster! - Julia Slobberts Great posting out there! - Julia Slobberts Some cake for the champ!! - Julia Slobberts Great boxing mind! - Julia Slobberts 
Excellent fight predictions!! - Julia Slobberts Slobberts = Champion - Julia Slobberts Slobberts #1! - Julia Slobberts Top poster! - Julia Slobberts Great posting, champ! - Julia Slobberts 
The Champ Slobberts!! - Julia Slobberts Keep up the good posting!! - Julia Slobberts Slobberts is best poster! - Julia Slobberts Great fight predictions!! - Julia Slobberts Keep it up, champ! - Julia Slobberts 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Julia Slobberts Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Julia Slobberts World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Julia Slobberts Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Julia Slobberts 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Uppercut View Post
And to think....we used to have to use pay phones on the road or outside the house. Technology is a great thing, but it is also ruining a large portion of our youth. They are hooked on it. On to inmates... they record all calls that inmates make...this gives the authorities a one up to be able to get more inside info imo. I would think it would have been a smarter move in the upper echelon Frderal Prisons. Not that it matters though. It could be used as a reward, maybe thatís how SC will approach it

Yeah, I'd have to imagine there's some kind of monitoring software on the phones. I know parents can buy phones like that for their young kids that shows what they're doing and limits their contacts and stuff.
Eddy Current is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 03:39 PM #7
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Hitman Hodgson has a reputation beyond reputeHitman Hodgson has a reputation beyond reputeHitman Hodgson has a reputation beyond reputeHitman Hodgson has a reputation beyond reputeHitman Hodgson has a reputation beyond reputeHitman Hodgson has a reputation beyond reputeHitman Hodgson has a reputation beyond reputeHitman Hodgson has a reputation beyond reputeHitman Hodgson has a reputation beyond reputeHitman Hodgson has a reputation beyond reputeHitman Hodgson has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 9,470.05
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - codey 

I suppose it comes down to whether you think the primary focus of prisons should be to punish or rehabilitate the prisoners. Perhaps, this move may also reduce violence within prisons?
Hitman Hodgson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 04:21 PM #8
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 754 Post(s)
NC Uppercut has a reputation beyond reputeNC Uppercut has a reputation beyond reputeNC Uppercut has a reputation beyond reputeNC Uppercut has a reputation beyond reputeNC Uppercut has a reputation beyond reputeNC Uppercut has a reputation beyond reputeNC Uppercut has a reputation beyond reputeNC Uppercut has a reputation beyond reputeNC Uppercut has a reputation beyond reputeNC Uppercut has a reputation beyond reputeNC Uppercut has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 13,784.29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
Yeah, I'd have to imagine there's some kind of monitoring software on the phones. I know parents can buy phones like that for their young kids that shows what they're doing and limits their contacts and stuff.
Yes they can! My wife has that for my daughterís IPAD.
NC Uppercut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 04:47 PM #9
Metal Elitist

Quoted: 872 Post(s)
Mighty_Windir has a reputation beyond reputeMighty_Windir has a reputation beyond reputeMighty_Windir has a reputation beyond reputeMighty_Windir has a reputation beyond reputeMighty_Windir has a reputation beyond reputeMighty_Windir has a reputation beyond reputeMighty_Windir has a reputation beyond reputeMighty_Windir has a reputation beyond reputeMighty_Windir has a reputation beyond reputeMighty_Windir has a reputation beyond reputeMighty_Windir has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 23,816.80
the most knowledgeable metal fan ever!!! - sweetpea87 Amorrrrrrrrrrrrr <3 - Bossy welcome bro, and nice to see another FF6 fan - Ruthless One Metalhead!!!:headbang::headbang: - -KULT- Merry Christmas Mighty_Windir - TBear 
mistery solved, thanks man - Dean_Razorback 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey 

Quote:
Originally Posted by man down View Post
I guess I just don't understand. These people are in prison because of crimes. Give them the internet and they can run a crew, give orders, find out more info about their victims, witnesses ect.

Go on social media plot and plan. This seems crazy to me. Jail isn't supposed to be fun. You're not supposed to have internet and video games so you can enjoy your time or help pass it. It's to punish you and make you think about what you did and why you're there and why you don't want to go back.

Give em **** on the net, social media, unlimited contact and what's the take away from that?
What the hell is wrong with McMasters allowing this?

I'm stunned, dumbfounded
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Mighty_Windir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 05:16 PM #10
Ignore List Champion

Quoted: 17315 Post(s)
Eff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 53,472.09
Total Points: 72,479.86
No Message - Santa_ Burger Exchange - cheeseburger good poster - jas One of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 You Dont Have Enough Gifts - JimRaynor 
Always keep it real - Nomadic great contest! - TBear One kf - jas One of bscenes best - jas sensible, reasonable poster. 5 star - jazluvr 
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post
I suppose it comes down to whether you think the primary focus of prisons should be to punish or rehabilitate the prisoners. Perhaps, this move may also reduce violence within prisons?
This.

I would assume this internet service comes with some restrictions otherwise some mfers would be on p#rnhub til they passed out from exhaustion lol. Although I didn't watch the video so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm pro treating prisioners like regular people in as many reasonable ways as one can vs punishing mfers all day every day til they are released. The goal SHOULD be to use this time to make convicted citizens better citizens when they get out not to simply make them marinate their emotions & life for years in a cell looking at the wall.

If the internet helps allow some of them to deal with their time away from family & loved ones or pursue a better future path for themselves somehow I don't see how its bad.

I think lotsa cats are too hung up on biblical morality punishment bs too much in our still very Christian country. I think thats not 100% irrelevant as a solution, but I do think its outdated & ineffective as the primarly solution for all convicted citizens due to the recidivism rate we have.

We need to be playing around with better solutions to making these mfers better future citizens vs this housing for bad people approach thats our prision system has become.
Eff Pandas is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
calls, carolina, inmates, movies, phone, south, tablets, watching

User Tag List