Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So let's take a look at Canelo's "face of boxing" numbers against Smith.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What exactly is the point of this thread?

That Little G on his best night can barely do 1/3 of what Ca$hnelo does on his worst night?

Comment

Little G can sell 1 million PPVs for a dollar each in Afghanistan or wherever the f**k he's from and they'll say that's better than Ca$hnelo selling 900,000 $70 PPVs.

Little G fans are d**ksucking ******s.

Comment

Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
        Lmao every other thread backfires. Dude is like Mosley at this point.

He's been shot b4 his career even started.
        Lol you have to admire him though. Anyone else would had disappeared. He's persistent af.
        Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        Lol. He's in perpetual failure mode today. One thread backfires, start another, and another, and...

Maxi. Break the chain, brother. There's more to boxing than hating on fighters you don't like. Some of us actually have fun watching this stuff. Try rocking a sig that doesn't fighter bash. It feels good. Trust me.
        Do you mean I should get rid of my sig too?

Comment

You know in wrestling when a heel comes in and consistently uses his finisher on someone at the end of RAW and your left with the opponent lying in a crumpled heap completely battered and ****.. that heap is maxi and his threads right now.

Just let it go... GGG is not a crowd puller in any way whatsoever.

Comment

FACT: GGG really decreased Canelo's numbers.

Comment

Golovkin wouldn't even be PPV against someone like Smith.

You're comparing Smith to Golovkins biggest fight. When you should be comparing it to the likes of wade.

How many PPV did Golovkin-Wade do?
              Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 03-09-2017, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                Canelo "face of boxing" "Super A-Side" sold 45k tickets against Smith. And 250-300k PPVs.

WOW, impressive right? not really. The tickets were so cheap that the total gate was just 5 millions. Source.

Golovkin numbers 2 years ago against Lemieux:

20k seats, 2 or 2.5 millions in gate.
                150k in PPVs.

For comparison, Ward-Kovalev sold 3.3 millions in gate. So Canelo did more than that fight, but not a great difference.

As we see, by himself Canelo doesn't sell as good as he says. He doubles Golovkin's numbers, but that's it.

And I expect Golovkin-Jacobs to sell better than Golovkin-Lemieux with a gate between 3 and 4 millions and 200k PPVs. So maybe the gap is even less.

97K, motherfahker! 97K! Biggest flop in boxing ppv history.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost Rider View Post
                  Little G can sell 1 million PPVs for a dollar each in Afghanistan or wherever the f**k he's from and they'll say that's better than Ca$hnelo selling 900,000 $70 PPVs.

Little G fans are d**ksucking ******s.
                  Love the avi. Green k!

Comment

Time for me to do what I usually do.

Namely, shoot yet another burning slug into the head of yet another weak thread.

I always wonder why some posters lie or mislead when facts are readily verifiable...oh well.

That fight with Beefy at ATT Stadium?

It was an attendance record, Einstein.

But right now, Alvarez calls the shots. He’s the face of boxing — Saturday’s event broke the AT&T Stadium attendance record set by Manny Pacquiao vs. Joshua Clottey in 2008 — and will fight Golovkin when the time is right.

http://boxingjunkie.usatoday.com/201...ing-body-shot/

The official attendance was almost 52K.

The official attendance for tonight’s fight at AT&T Stadium was 51,240.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2016/9/18...ious-body-shot

Most reported the PPV buys as either 300k or close to it. The 250-300K number comes from a few sources.

But, even the low number is over 2 and a half times more than the low range for Lil g.

Put it this way...if they used only those numbers to determine the split, Lil g would get about 25%.

And that is using the lowest numbers for both men.
                    Use the highest and it is a lot worse.

Stop trying to compare star power between Canelo and Lil g.
                    They are no where near the same level.
                    Last edited by koolkc107; 03-09-2017, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

More people attended Canelomania vs. a euro-bum than Golovkins entire gate history combined. #knowyourrole
                      Got 'em! End of Thread/

Comment

Working...
                      X