Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best p4p fighter in terms of skills not accomplishments?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best p4p fighter in terms of skills not accomplishments?

In no particular order:

Terrence Crawford
    Manny Pacquiao
    Lomachenko
    Usyk
    GGG
    Andre Ward
    Kovalev
    Rigondeaux
    Gonzales

PS: Roman and GGG are great at doing what they do but they take a lot of hits so I am not 100% sure about their elite level skills. Kovalev and Loma go after their opponents but I don't see them getting squared up like that and getting blasted. So if physicality is a skill then Gonzales and GGG belong. If it wasn't for their physicality they can't do what they do simple as that
    Last edited by pesticid; 12-03-2016, 11:18 PM.

How do you know how good someones skills actually are until they face A class fighters?

Comment

I'd have to go with Ward, what separates him from the rest is his ability to fight on the inside as well as box.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
        How do you know how good someones skills actually are until they face A class fighters?
        Great question. A lot of these fighters that I have listed have faced A class opponent.

Pacman
        Loma
        Rigondeaux
        Gonzales
        Ward
        Kovalev
        Crawford
        Usyk

GGG not so much

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
          I'd have to go with Ward, what separates him from the rest is his ability to fight on the inside as well as box.
          I would agree, however, one thing that should count against Ward and his skills is that he has the worst right hand in the history of the sport amongst p4p fighters.

Comment

Doesn't really work that way. If we were just taking a guess at how good they were based on their gym skills, everyone would think Kahn is p4p #1. How can you find out who the best boxers are without testing them against other great boxers?

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              Doesn't really work that way. If we were just taking a guess at how good they were based on their gym skills, everyone would think Kahn is p4p #1. How can you find out who the best boxers are without testing them against other great boxers?
              Like I said all fighters on the list except GGG have faced an A level opponent. So we're not looking at people shadow boxing only

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
                Great question. A lot of these fighters that I have listed have faced A class opponent.

Pacman
                Loma
                Rigondeaux
                Gonzales
                Ward
                Kovalev
                Crawford
                Usyk

GGG not so much
                The only ones on your list to fight truly A class fighters at the time they fought them are Pacquiao, Rigo, Ward and Kovalev. All fought top P4P fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                  The only ones on your list to fight truly A class fighters at the time they fought them are Pacquiao, Rigo, Ward and Kovalev. All fought top P4P fighters.
                  Gonzales beat Estrada

I think Loma beating Selimov, Toledo and Conceicao in the amateurs and World Series Boxing professional league counts.

Same goes for Usyk and I think Usyk can go to heavyweight and beat Wilder, Joshua and Wlad - almost shut them out. Gassiev doesn't win a round against Usyk and neither does Lebedev.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
                    Like I said all fighters on the list except GGG have faced an A level opponent. So we're not looking at people shadow boxing only
                    Rigo might be highest but I can't get there from Donaire alone. Really need to see more. The potential is there.

I've seen Ward prove it against the most high level opponents without losing so I'd have to go with him.

Loma is doing great things but I've seen him get bullied and lose so I'd need him to put a few more solid opponents between him and that loss.

Usyk is intriguing but it's way too early to say. I think he'll be dominant for a long time though.

Comment

Working...
                    X