Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shane Mosley: Canelo is Fighter of Decade, Not Mayweather!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Shane Mosley: Canelo is Fighter of Decade, Not Mayweather!

Hall of Fame fighter "Sugar" Shane Mosley fought three out of the five nominees for the fighter of the decade (2010-2019), as decided by the Boxing Writers Association of America. Mosley lost to Floyd Mayweather Jr. in 2010, Manny Pacquiao in 2011 and Canelo Alvarez in 2012 - all by unanimous decision - and although the popular pick appears to be Mayweather Jr., Mosley said the honor should go to Alvarez - even though the Mexican star lost his only pro bout to Mayweather in 2013.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I think a lot of posters agree with Shane. I am not surprised he would vote for Canelo. You expect a former partner in GBP and a fighter that tested positive for PED's would cast his vote for GBP's #1 fighter that also tested positive for PED's.
    Last edited by The Big Dunn; 01-14-2020, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Alvarez had a hell of a decade. It’s either him or Floyd. Personally I think beating two of the top candidates for FOTD in the same decade that they are candidates makes you FOTD. But listening to Shane here I can totally respect his perspective. Anyone who says it’s not Floyd or Canelo is smoking crack or a nut rider.

Comment

Based on what?

He got schooled by Floyd and got gifts against GGG. Arguably lost to Lara too. He was caught dirty too...

I don’t really think there’s any standout choice for the fictitious award. Floyd only fought for half of it, so it’s hard to say him, but the list of fighters from 2010 to 2015 are impressive, so i’d say he could deserve it. But Canelo can’t be when his best wins are gifts and he’s a drugs cheat.

GGG probably would be, if he never got robbed. It’s funny how robberies soon get swept under the carpet and passed off as real wins, but that’s boxing. Maybe Ward would’ve been, if he was more active and had more fights.
        Last edited by deathofaclown; 01-14-2020, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Canelo has won a belt in 4 different divisions but has never proved he was the best in any of them.

Shane's taken too many punches to the head.

Comment

Mayweather hasn't really fought in 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by keepemup View Post
              Mayweather hasn't really fought in 5 years.
              and still has the best resume, shows how great he is.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                Based on what?

He got schooled by Floyd and got gifts against GGG. Arguably lost to Lara too. He was caught dirty too...

I don’t really think there’s any standout choice for the fictitious award. Floyd only fought for half of it, so it’s hard to say him, but the list of fighters from 2010 to 2015 are impressive, so i’d say he could deserve it. But Canelo can’t be when his best wins are gifts and he’s a drugs cheat.

GGG probably would be, if he never got robbed. It’s funny how robberies soon get swept under the carpet and passed off as real wins, but that’s boxing. Maybe Ward would’ve been, if he was more active and had more fights.
                please, read this comment before saying anything, next boxing fan.

This is all kinds of right.

Comment

I have to agree with Shane, Canelo is fighter of the decade.

It would either have to be Canelo or Pacquiao.

Comment

Shame is with golden boy, what do we expect?

Comment

Working...
                    X