Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History

Old 03-31-2020, 10:37 PM #11
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1990 Post(s)
True-Boxing-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeTrue-Boxing-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeTrue-Boxing-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeTrue-Boxing-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeTrue-Boxing-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeTrue-Boxing-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeTrue-Boxing-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeTrue-Boxing-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeTrue-Boxing-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeTrue-Boxing-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeTrue-Boxing-Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,663.18
Total Points: 53,915.00
Don't ever call me a monkey again - Mr McDowell Salute - Chollo Vista 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chollo Vista View Post
Well, I was 3 at the time and I definitely remember the fight and I remember how good of a fight it was despite me not remembering the significance of the fight itself despite a lot of people being at the house screaming and shouting.

Many more things that I remember at that age like movies and music which is why 9 times out of 10, I can instantly tell someone when a movie or song came out because I have place markers in my brain that tie me to that place in time.

So yeah, your original question was when did I start watching the sport. 84 was throw away bouts and 85 was my first significant bout. I've been a fan ever since.
At 3 years old you remember the fight and remember how good it was. WOW. But at 2 years old you were watching fights 3 you started understanding the significance of fights.

That’s amazing dude.

I don’t remember shht about anything at those ages. Is that even possible to remember things at 2 or 3 years old? I have absolutely no memory of that age.

Last edited by True-Boxing-Fan; 03-31-2020 at 10:41 PM.
True-Boxing-Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 10:44 PM #12
Banned

Quoted: 7115 Post(s)
Chollo Vista has a reputation beyond reputeChollo Vista has a reputation beyond reputeChollo Vista has a reputation beyond reputeChollo Vista has a reputation beyond reputeChollo Vista has a reputation beyond reputeChollo Vista has a reputation beyond reputeChollo Vista has a reputation beyond reputeChollo Vista has a reputation beyond reputeChollo Vista has a reputation beyond reputeChollo Vista has a reputation beyond reputeChollo Vista has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,865.34
Total Points: 147,186.97
Boxingscen's Best - Chollo Vista close enough - SugarKaineHook These will help you deal Jacob's weak chin - BrometheusBob. Respect - siablo14 Great poster, speaks the truth - ironmt 
Much Respect, Brotha! - travestyny bum ass broner - DARKSEID To the Champ.First and only. - travestyny Thanks, brotha.  I owe you a real one! - travestyny Nah, brotha.  You aint getting away with that.  King Chollo, the one and only Champ! - travestyny 
congrats man :) - HeadBodyBodyBody 

Quote:
Originally Posted by True-Boxing-Fan View Post
At 3 years old you remember the fight and remember how good it was. WOW. But at 2 years old you were watching fights 3 you started understanding the significance of fights.

Thatís amazing dude.

I donít remember shht about anything at those ages. Is that even possible to remember things at 2 or 3 years old? I have absolutely no memory of that age.
I remember the Hearns vs Hagler fight, but I didn't know what a jab, slip, perry or anything like that was lol

Btw, i don't mind carrying on a conversation with you and bringing attention to your thread lol Hopefully your boy will get the gratification you think he deserves
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Chollo Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 11:03 PM #13
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1990 Post(s)
True-Boxing-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeTrue-Boxing-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeTrue-Boxing-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeTrue-Boxing-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeTrue-Boxing-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeTrue-Boxing-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeTrue-Boxing-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeTrue-Boxing-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeTrue-Boxing-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeTrue-Boxing-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeTrue-Boxing-Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,663.18
Total Points: 53,915.00
Don't ever call me a monkey again - Mr McDowell Salute - Chollo Vista 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chollo Vista View Post
I remember the Hearns vs Hagler fight, but I didn't know what a jab, slip, perry or anything like that was lol

Btw, i don't mind carrying on a conversation with you and bringing attention to your thread lol Hopefully your boy will get the gratification you think he deserves
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Itís all good dudes you ainít highjacking the thread. We good.

I always loved watching Tony Lopez. Especially since he lived less and two hours from where im from.
True-Boxing-Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 12:52 AM #14
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 5051 Post(s)
billeau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,134.23
Total Points: 238,969.76
Grade A explanation of punching technique. - - Ram Raid - Knowledgeable - -Weltschmerz- Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- Lmao - -Scott-Weiland- Thanks for the kinds words - Chollo Vista 
I believe that's a Pabst - CauliflowerEars 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - lparm 

Quote:
Given his accomplishments do you think he is HOF worthy though. He got inducted in the California boxing hall some years back. But whatís your opinion on the international HOF?
I think hes worthy. The HOF sets a certain bar... Its not incredibly high really, and Lopez IMO did more than enough.
billeau2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 03:29 AM #15
Contender

Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Thunderstruck has a reputation beyond reputeThunderstruck has a reputation beyond reputeThunderstruck has a reputation beyond reputeThunderstruck has a reputation beyond reputeThunderstruck has a reputation beyond reputeThunderstruck has a reputation beyond reputeThunderstruck has a reputation beyond reputeThunderstruck has a reputation beyond reputeThunderstruck has a reputation beyond reputeThunderstruck has a reputation beyond reputeThunderstruck has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 6,166.08

Quote:
Itís all good dudes you ainít highjacking the thread. We good.

I always loved watching Tony Lopez. Especially since he lived less and two hours from where im from.
There is a lot of available info and tape on this guy so Iím surprised people are not familiar with him and his tv fights.I was born in 95 and know of him.I was watching some Chavez fights and then looked him up from that and started watching his fights.I think heís close.
Thunderstruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 05:15 AM #16
North America Runs Boxing

Quoted: 17042 Post(s)
ShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 497,294.60
Total Points: 522,204.84
excellent posts mate - Alx. good post about Wlad being like Bute - RossCA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA brewed just 4 u - sugarsmosley 
valuable advice to training forum - jas Thanks for the green man,I should have won poster of the year,but the site is in denial.bitches huh ? - Scott-Weiland All in .&w - BERNIE'S CORNER Phone spazzed on gift giving. Can't green ya but have this beer on me. All in good fun ! - BERNIE'S CORNER Easily one of the best posters on the forum - JK1700 
Good thread and comments - maracho A truce - lfc19titles A truce - lfc19titles 

Good fighter but I would say not Hall of Fame worthy if you uphold a high standard.

The bar has been lowered, of course. He was better than some of the guys who have been let in.
ShoulderRoll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 02:54 PM #17
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1514 Post(s)
The Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 63,929.55
Total Points: 66,952.98

Am I getting him mixed up with a fat rapist?
The Old LefHook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 07:10 PM #18
North America Runs Boxing

Quoted: 17042 Post(s)
ShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 497,294.60
Total Points: 522,204.84
excellent posts mate - Alx. good post about Wlad being like Bute - RossCA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA brewed just 4 u - sugarsmosley 
valuable advice to training forum - jas Thanks for the green man,I should have won poster of the year,but the site is in denial.bitches huh ? - Scott-Weiland All in .&w - BERNIE'S CORNER Phone spazzed on gift giving. Can't green ya but have this beer on me. All in good fun ! - BERNIE'S CORNER Easily one of the best posters on the forum - JK1700 
Good thread and comments - maracho A truce - lfc19titles A truce - lfc19titles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old LefHook View Post
Am I getting him mixed up with a fat rapist?
Yes.

You're probably thinking of Tony Ayala Jr.
ShoulderRoll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 09:14 AM #19
Contender

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Quicksilver* has a spectacular aura aboutQuicksilver* has a spectacular aura about
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 3,387.02

Look at his wins, only the paez win really stands out and thought Mitchell won the first fight. Never really beat enough top guys in my opinion. Also hardly never leaving his home fan base is a negative for me.
Quicksilver* is online now   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends