No announcement yet.

Crawford-Brook is a terrible matchup.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
    Wilder didn’t have the options Spence has though.

Fury-Wilder was a far bigger fight than Wilder vs any of the PBC HW’s.

Spence-Crawford isn’t far bigger than Pacquiao-Spence for example, it’s probably not as big as Pac-Spence tbh.

I think both fighters want it but the team behind Spence have a specific plan and Crawford fight is toward the end of it.

It’s sh***y for the fans as it’s probably the most interesting matchup in the sport.
    Yup and i have a problem with spence for just being okay with it..

And hate fans who support it.
    “We okay on our sideee!!! We don’t care about the most significant fight we fine here!”

And that only proves my point that their reasoning that they won’t work with arum and he’s on the other side is BS because fight can be made anytime.. but they chose not to. Just say my promoters have other plans for now.lol

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
      Just a damn shame, the way this shit turns out. Never gonna fault a guy for making sure he's financially rewarded, but this schism across boxing between the various networks is just depressing like you say.

Ultimately the bulk of the talent at 147 lies with PBC and Bud's unlikely to ever get the kinda solid top 10 opponents he really needs to boost his resume unless he works with 'em. I always hesitate to judge cos we just don't know what's going on behind the scenes, but if the Porter fight was a genuine possibility I feel he shoulda jumped on that one. Other than that it's just waiting for the Spence fight to materialise, if it ever does..

In the meantime, well, Kell's a name at least, even if a faded and slightly tarnished one.. and unlike the TS I still reckon that Kell will be able to give a reasonable account of himself... but I can't see him winning, so I'm seeing this as more of the same, another kinda filler fight, whilst we wait for the one we really want.

It really is a depressing conversation
      Unfortunately it turns into an argument all the time because it kind of leads back to promo outfits and from there it just whirlwinds into another totally different discussion
      Many people on this site are not boxing fans
      They are fans of their nationalistic beliefs which then leads to separations
      In the end , the true fans are getting screwed cause of it ( fights not happening )
      I tend to lean hard on Spence and the PBC because we’ve all seen this before
      It’s a page from the Mayweather playbook , picking your opponents when it’s all wrong for a fan to enjoy
      I honestly believe , we haven’t seen anything yet , it will get much worse than this

Comment

Just a damn shame, the way this shit turns out. Never gonna fault a guy for making sure he's financially rewarded, but this schism across boxing between the various networks is just depressing like you say.

Ultimately the bulk of the talent at 147 lies with PBC and Bud's unlikely to ever get the kinda solid top 10 opponents he really needs to boost his resume unless he works with 'em. I always hesitate to judge cos we just don't know what's going on behind the scenes, but if the Porter fight was a genuine possibility I feel he shoulda jumped on that one. Other than that it's just waiting for the Spence fight to materialise, if it ever does..

In the meantime, well, Kell's a name at least, even if a faded and slightly tarnished one.. and unlike the TS I still reckon that Kell will be able to give a reasonable account of himself... but I can't see him winning, so I'm seeing this as more of the same, another kinda filler fight, whilst we wait for the one we really want.
        Do you really think he can be competitive at 147? I just can’t see him having anything left after draining himself. He made 150 as a trial for 147 when he fought Zerafa and he looked terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
          Yup and i have a problem with spence for just being okay with it..

And hate fans who support it.
          “We okay on our sideee!!! We don’t care about the most significant fight we fine here!”

And that only proves my point that their reasoning that they won’t work with arum and he’s on the other side is BS because fight can be made anytime.. but they chose not to. Just say my promoters have other plans for now.lol
          I don’t have a problem with any fighter if they are fighting top competition. Say Spence faces DSG, Pac and Thurman in his next 3 fights, how can anyone complain about that?

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
            And what makes you think Crawford wants Brook?
            Brook has been stalking him and Bud hasn't had any definitive response.
            First time he was asked about Brook he quickly and irritatingly retorted,
            "I'm not fighting in the UK."
            Which means he's so used to fighting Lundy-level opponents
            that anyone tad better is a threat.
            What makes he think the fight will be held in the UK?
            He's the A-side and he knows the venue would be his call.
            What are you even talking about?

Hopefully Crawford doesn’t want Brook but I never said he did. I also never said the fight would happen in the UK.

Kell Brook isn’t a threat... don’t start all this pathetic anti-Crawford BS and act like he’s scared of facing guys like Brook.

You need to work on your comprehension...

Comment

I don’t have a problem with any fighter if they are fighting top competition. Say Spence faces DSG, Pac and Thurman in his next 3 fights, how can anyone complain about that?
              Floyd can fight maidana marquez guerrero cotto. Still wouldn’t suffice to an atg fight with prime pacquiao so what’s the point?

Spence can all fight them after the crawford fight too so?
              Crawford fight is the best fight that can be made at welter.
              This is the two best prime welters. We missed out last time with pac and floyd fighting 6 years too late, please don’t be okay with anything like that again.

If we okay with missing the most significant fight every decade then i dont know what ur not gonna be okay with lol.

Comment

Do you really think he can be competitive at 147? I just can’t see him having anything left after draining himself. He made 150 as a trial for 147 when he fought Zerafa and he looked terrible.
                Ha ha... no, I started editing to say I'd rather that fight took place at 154 if at all but I had my VPN on pause (cos Boxrec won't let me connect with it on) and it kicked back in before I did the edit and logged me out of the Scene... happens quite often. Anyways, by the time I got back on I couldn't be arsed coming back to fix it.

Yeah, like I say, I see this more as a filler fight for Bud, I still think that Kell's calibre will mean that he has moments and that it won't be entirely one sided even at 147, but realsitically I give Kell next to no chance at 147 and not a great deal even at 154. Dude's just past it now and I don't think he was ever the same after the GGG and Spence fights anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
                  Floyd can fight maidana marquez guerrero cotto. Still wouldn’t suffice to an atg fight with prime pacquiao so what’s the point?

Spence can all fight them after the crawford fight too so?
                  Crawford fight is the best fight that can be made at welter.
                  This is the two best prime welters. We missed out last time with pac and floyd fighting 6 years too late, please don’t be okay with anything like that again.

If we okay with missing the most significant fight every decade then i dont know what ur not gonna be okay with lol.
                  Crawford-Spence isn’t May-Pac, come on bro...😂

It’s a really great fight but Spence-Pac, Spence-Thurman are also great fights, and I’d be happy to see them too. As I’d be happy to see Crawford-Porter or something.

I’m not saying it won’t ever happen and Spence should fight Pac, Thurman etc instead. I’m just saying I understand the logic behind team Spence to fight the other top guys first as:
                  1. They are much easier fights to make.
                  2. They make better business sense.

I reiterate that as a fan I want to see the fight happen ASAP but I understand why it might not happen next, so I’m not all that critical of Spence’s handlers.

Comment

Ha ha... no, I started editing to say I'd rather that fight took place at 154 if at all but I had my VPN on pause (cos Boxrec won't let me connect with it on) and it kicked back in before I did the edit and logged me out of the Scene... happens quite often. Anyways, by the time I got back on I couldn't be arsed coming back to fix it.

Yeah, like I say, I see this more as a filler fight for Bud, I still think that Kell's calibre will mean that he has moments and that it won't be entirely one sided even at 147, but realsitically I give Kell next to no chance at 147 and not a great deal even at 154. Dude's just past it now and I don't think he was ever the same after the GGG and Spence fights anyway.
                    At 154 I’d be fine with it. It wouldn’t exactly excite me as I think Crawford could beat Brook at 175 with Wilder’s suit on, but at 154 Kell is at least healthy and has some recent form at the weight albeit against lesser opposition.

However, at 147 I just think it’s a complete waste of time, I’d much rather see Besputin or Abdukakhorov or someone who’s actually been fighting decent opposition at 147.

Comment

At 154 I’d be fine with it. It wouldn’t exactly excite me as I think Crawford could beat Brook at 175 with Wilder’s suit on, but at 154 Kell is at least healthy and has some recent form at the weight albeit against lesser opposition.

However, at 147 I just think it’s a complete waste of time, I’d much rather see Besputin or Abdukakhorov or someone who’s actually been fighting decent opposition at 147.
                      Either of those work for me and - even though I don't think either really has much of a shot - I'd prefer either to Kell at 147 too. I'd probably go with Besputin though, for purely selfish reasons - just cos I'm really looking forward to Lipinets vs Abdukakharov and I don't really fancy Kudratillo's chances against Bud anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X