No announcement yet.

The funny thing I just realized in this Wilder/Povetkin drama

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The funny thing I just realized in this Wilder/Povetkin drama

Now I don't like to post here too much because of all the keyboard warriors and so called boxing experts who never entered the gym and I prefer to spar and talk about boxing with real fighters from my gym than with the virtual fighters, however I couldn't ignore this thing:

Funny how all these hypocrite Al Haymon fans who used to mock Kovalev going out of the purse bid because he has a contract obligations with HBO and can't fight on Showtime (the same HBO Stevenson left to duck him, even though people are saying he has no exclusive Showtime deal yet, btw), are now crying and calling Povetkin a bitch for pursuing the purse bid "instead of being a man" and winning the title in America, in the champion's yard...

But they are also crying about an other thing as well: Crying about the russian testing agencies while they are forgetting about USADA and finding every possible excuse for them. Just because Floyd, Haymon and the whole PBC are worshiping USADA - the most corrupted agency, as the greatest thing that happened to boxing, no matter how much dirt is found on USADA, they are still ignoring it and acting as if nothing happened. And I'm not saying the russian testing agencies aren't corrupted, they probably are and I'm as suspicious of the russian testing agencies as them. It's just funny...

Last edited by StefanTosic; 02-22-2016, 06:07 PM.

yeah, well it's not exactly hard to pick holes in their hypocritical opinions as they are mostly ******s.

They kinda remind me of fury fan's pre klitschko, it was all kind of tongue in cheek 2fast2fury talk, like he has skills but really..he is a big fat feather fisted oaf. he win's and now he's ali if wilder win's he will become the GOAT
    i just hope and pray sasha puts bum squad to sleep.

Comment

Can't disagree with anything you said.

Comment

Green K Stefan.. very true

Comment

And their PED-talk in general is dumb as ****:

"Uh, Kovalev hits too hard, he is on PED's."
          "GGG is to heavy handed, he is on PED's"
          "Povetkin is KO'ing everybody since his loss to Wlad, he is on dat juice"

Btw, Jacobs, Spence and Wilder have also very high KO-ratio, but I never heard those fans mentioning even once, that they could be on PED's.

They are pathetic, uneducated losers, who are scared for all those fighters getting their glass jaws shattered.
          Last edited by From Russia; 02-22-2016, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by From Russia View Post
            And their PED-talk in general is dumb as ****:

"Uh, Kovalev hits too hard, he is on PED's."
            "GGG is to heavy handed, he is on PED's"
            "Povetkin is KO'ing everybody since his loss to Wlad, he is on dat juice"

Btw, Jacobs, Spence and Wilder have also very high KO-ratio, but I never heard those fans mentioning even once, that they could be on PED's.
            It's simple really.. clear bias going on..

Oni seluiut jopu tem kto takie je kak oni

Comment

Originally posted by Tsar Krusher View Post
              It's simple really.. clear bias going on..

Oni seluiut jopu tem kto takie je kak oni
              Oni chasto smeyutsya nad nashimi bokserami i upotreblyayut termin "belaya nadezhda". Posmotrim na nih, kogda Kovalev i Povetkin nokautiruyut 2 chernie nadezhdi, Worda i Wildera, haha.

Comment

Dude what are you taking about? Kovs team asked for an immediate purse bid, before signing an exclusive HBO contract. Afterwards, they pull out and claim they can't fight outside of HBO. This ISN'T excusing Adonis running off to showtime, but it is what happened. IDC who's to blame for whatever occurrence, but the simple fact of the matter is that this fight isn't happening. Which is a damn shame. Because whatever side you side with, just know that they are to blame one way or another.

As far as Wilder-Pov goes, I really don't care about it going to purse bid, but have you read anything about the doping scandal in Russia? The recent deaths and cover ups from people involved with RUSADA? The guy just died a couple weeks after he was ready to uncover the doings of people involved since the 80's. Hell, just look at their meal count in the last two World Championships since this came out to notice the significant drop off.

And if you and your real warriors knew anything, you'd know the wbc has teamed up with vada to form the "clean boxer program" to help stop, prevent and catch boxers that are trying to cheat the system. Not usada. Which, for whatever reason you seem to think are corrupt, is still the program that wada uses for the usa. The same one that does testing for the Olympics, pan am games and other sports.

However, this goes both ways because you'll see pbc detractors trip themselves and eat crow or look utterly ridiculous when they say one thing about their fighter that's on anything not pbc affiliated and flip the script, misderect and completely ignore the exact thing they accuse pbc fighters of doing. Both of those things are funny..

Comment

Wilder fans will criticize povetkin for trying to get it in Russia, povetkin fans will criticize wilder for not travelling.

Purse bids are just part of the game, if you are confident in the guy you are repping it doesn't matter where the fight is.

I think this is a closely balanced fight though so the location may be what swings it for the winner. Wilder hasn't travelled to hostile territory, he's only been to the UK to fight Harrison and most British fans hate Harrison so wilder was treated pretty well. Russia will be harsh on him, not sure how he'll handle it.

If he goes over there and beats povetkin. I'll be impressed though, well see.

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
                    Dude what are you taking about? Kovs team asked for an immediate purse bid, before signing an exclusive HBO contract. Afterwards, they pull out and claim they can't fight outside of HBO. This ISN'T excusing Adonis running off to showtime, but it is what happened. IDC who's to blame for whatever occurrence, but the simple fact of the matter is that this fight isn't happening. Which is a damn shame. Because whatever side you side with, just know that they are to blame one way or another.

As far as Wilder-Pov goes, I really don't care about it going to purse bid, but have you read anything about the doping scandal in Russia? The recent deaths and cover ups from people involved with RUSADA? The guy just died a couple weeks after he was ready to uncover the doings of people involved since the 80's. Hell, just look at their meal count in the last two World Championships since this came out to notice the significant drop off.

And if you and your real warriors knew anything, you'd know the wbc has teamed up with vada to form the "clean boxer program" to help stop, prevent and catch boxers that are trying to cheat the system. Not usada. Which, for whatever reason you seem to think are corrupt, is still the program that wada uses for the usa. The same one that does testing for the Olympics, pan am games and other sports.

However, this goes both ways because you'll see pbc detractors trip themselves and eat crow or look utterly ridiculous when they say one thing about their fighter that's on anything not pbc affiliated and flip the script, misderect and completely ignore the exact thing they accuse pbc fighters of doing. Both of those things are funny..
                    RUSADA doesn't have to be used for Wilder-Povetkin in Russia, they can use VADA like you said

So whats the issue then? Wladimir beat Povetkin, in Moscow, without the involvement of RUSADA, and got a pretty fair shake. A pretty lenient one.

Comment

Working...
                    X