Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fightnight champion 2, why don't they look at a real boxing forum like this for ideas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fightnight champion 2, why don't they look at a real boxing forum like this for ideas

I read the wish list and improvement lists on the fight night forum, and let me tell you - those people don't know **** about boxing so I hope Ea doesn't listen to them.

That being said, FNC is the best fight game to date. But to improve it once again would require getting rid of as much noob winning as possible.

A good example would be Andrea Bishop and to a slightly lesser extent Robinson. Many people, even ****ty players can win with these fighters because they have such high stat ratings. I remember in FNR4 however, even with a good boxer and better player could still win with a lesser fighter. This is because of a few reasons.

1) punches in FNC now have ratings that determines a fighters better punches (good jab, cross etc) This is a good idea, however it allows people to abuse a certain punch over and over again, a 20 rated cross is a hard punch to dodge unless you have a fighter with amazing head movement or a high block rating. This scenario right here is competition almost entirely creating by the game, and not the player. On top of that when you get cut by this 20 rated punch it starts landing even more frequently. I've been playing since KO kings 99 and can tell you this is not a fair game play characteristic at all. MY ADVICE: keep the punch ratings but change up the punch blue print. A jab should always be the easiest punch to land, it should also aid in landing other punches (if you jab first and throw a punch quick enough after, the jab blinds the person for a split second) This makes the player work to land his jab in order to land other blows. Only a certain few boxers have worked well with lead straights, and they set them up with a lot of feints before hand, they also were only effective doing this against slower fighters.

2) simplified blocking system. Blocking now has a rating system that determines how good of a defense a boxer has with his hands. N00B Idea. MY ADVICE Having ratings on defense are good and having an active blocking system is great - keep it, but bring back up and down boxing. A player shouldn't be able to use Whitaker and literally hold block down and stand in one place while you can't hit him with anything. This isn't skill nor fun competition. Split it up for diversification. Give a boxer like Whitaker for example, good ratings in all the departments for the defense, but it is up to the player in order to use them effectively (movement, head-movement, blocking with the new system) By the changing the blocking system back to an up down system (only with more probability now with an active system running as well) will allow players to bring an opponents hands down with body shots and give more room for feints and set up punches.

3). Stamina - Simply put, everyone has had a game where they threw 500 punches less than their opponent and you both landed a similar amount of punches yet he somehow had stamina left. Missing gets you tired, anyone who's boxed knows this. So does loading up with power shots. Players need to be penalized for missing (not really jabs, but power punches). By doing this it would reward accuracy as well. Also take into account moving around constantly kills your stamina, they patched it once and took this way to far by making anyone who backs up gas out in 3 rounds, but it wasn't a bad idea if done right. Most boxers who stick and move will stop once in a while to retain stamina (see Hagler vs SRL, or Ali vs anyone in his younger days). also take into account the weight class, lighter boxers can stay on their feet longer as can boxers who train to stick and move. Either way it shouldn't be something that any dumbass can pick up and start doing 3 games in.

4) more emphasis on styles once again. FN has always had a great grasp of styles, however FNC is the first game where they dumbed this down. A pressure fighter who mixes it up will often be used to take punishment and flexing his neck muscles to take to the blow or even smothering the blow. An outside boxer isn't used to taking as many hits and often if hit flush reacts quite differenty. For example Joe Frazier or Rocky Marciano, who were almost impossible to KO because they were always expecting to be hit and were ready. Thomas Hearns on the other hand used his height at WW to avoid blows, once he moved up in weight and met other taller fighters he certainly didn't like getting hit nor could he take the hits. Obviously physicality is a big part of this as well, but when I see Marvin Hagler go down from someone like SRL or Winky I just cringe.

Notes:

To make things even more accurate, give block ratings for up top and down stairs separately. Ali for example was quite good at parrying head shots, but often took heavy body shots in order to do this. Bernard Hopkins and Floyd Mayweather block to the body quite well and use head-movement more frequently to protect their face (this is an old school style, great for counter punching as your hands aren't tied up with blocking).

Obviously I could go on about the roster but thats more of a money and popularity issue. I'd love to see more old fighters in the game and perhaps a proper Jake Lammotta who they seem to make slow with heavy punches (he had decently fast hands and low power, massive chin and toughness)
    Last edited by them_apples; 11-13-2014, 12:17 PM.

There's so many things they need to fix, I think that's why they won't make another one for so long, I always thought you should get different stances like a backfoot stance were you're light on your toes possibly easier to knock of balance and your punches are powder puff
    A plant you feet stances were you're slow at moving dragging your feet really sitting down on your punches, even the weaker fighters like Pauline malagnaggi/Bradley can do this but only have a 10% chance to cause a knockdown or ko the entire 12 rounds
    And then a standard stance for moderate punch power fast hands and moderate foot movement

I also think the boxers should have loads of different styles so like Tyson is most effective being aggressive and trying to do damage and players should somehow be penalised for making fighters like tyson run because he never ran his entire career

Comment

There's a huge list of improvements this game needs to make. Apparently they're not doing so well with the EA UFC game that came out recently, but that's EA Sports for you.

Comment

I've said before in these threads that they need to find a way to change stat progression in career modes. No great fighter starts out there career slower than Brandon Rios and hitting like Paulie Malignaggi and ends up hitting like Julian Jackson and faster than Guillermo Rigondeax. Start using realistic stats for speed, power, chin and such. Make training improve timing, technique, stamina, stuff like that.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
          I read the wish list and improvement lists on the fight night forum, and let me tell you - those people don't know **** about boxing so I hope Ea doesn't listen to them.

That being said, FNC is the best fight game to date. But to improve it once again would require getting rid of as much noob winning as possible.

A good example would be Andrea Bishop and to a slightly lesser extent Robinson. Many people, even ****ty players can win with these fighters because they have such high stat ratings. I remember in FNR4 however, even with a good boxer and better player could still win with a lesser fighter. This is because of a few reasons.

1) punches in FNC now have ratings that determines a fighters better punches (good jab, cross etc) This is a good idea, however it allows people to abuse a certain punch over and over again, a 20 rated cross is a hard punch to dodge unless you have a fighter with amazing head movement or a high block rating. This scenario right here is competition almost entirely creating by the game, and not the player. On top of that when you get cut by this 20 rated punch it starts landing even more frequently. I've been playing since KO kings 99 and can tell you this is not a fair game play characteristic at all. MY ADVICE: keep the punch ratings but change up the punch blue print. A jab should always be the easiest punch to land, it should also aid in landing other punches (if you jab first and throw a punch quick enough after, the jab blinds the person for a split second) This makes the player work to land his jab in order to land other blows. Only a certain few boxers have worked well with lead straights, and they set them up with a lot of feints before hand, they also were only effective doing this against slower fighters.

2) simplified blocking system. Blocking now has a rating system that determines how good of a defense a boxer has with his hands. N00B Idea. MY ADVICE Having ratings on defense are good and having an active blocking system is great - keep it, but bring back up and down boxing. A player shouldn't be able to use Whitaker and literally hold block down and stand in one place while you can't hit him with anything. This isn't skill nor fun competition. Split it up for diversification. Give a boxer like Whitaker for example, good ratings in all the departments for the defense, but it is up to the player in order to use them effectively (movement, head-movement, blocking with the new system) By the changing the blocking system back to an up down system (only with more probability now with an active system running as well) will allow players to bring an opponents hands down with body shots and give more room for feints and set up punches.

3). Stamina - Simply put, everyone has had a game where they threw 500 punches less than their opponent and you both landed a similar amount of punches yet he somehow had stamina left. Missing gets you tired, anyone who's boxed knows this. So does loading up with power shots. Players need to be penalized for missing (not really jabs, but power punches). By doing this it would reward accuracy as well. Also take into account moving around constantly kills your stamina, they patched it once and took this way to far by making anyone who backs up gas out in 3 rounds, but it wasn't a bad idea if done right. Most boxers who stick and move will stop once in a while to retain stamina (see Hagler vs SRL, or Ali vs anyone in his younger days). also take into account the weight class, lighter boxers can stay on their feet longer as can boxers who train to stick and move. Either way it shouldn't be something that any dumbass can pick up and start doing 3 games in.

4) more emphasis on styles once again. FN has always had a great grasp of styles, however FNC is the first game where they dumbed this down. A pressure fighter who mixes it up will often be used to take punishment and flexing his neck muscles to take to the blow or even smothering the blow. An outside boxer isn't used to taking as many hits and often if hit flush reacts quite differenty. For example Joe Frazier or Rocky Marciano, who were almost impossible to KO because they were always expecting to be hit and were ready. Thomas Hearns on the other hand used his height at WW to avoid blows, once he moved up in weight and met other taller fighters he certainly didn't like getting hit nor could he take the hits. Obviously physicality is a big part of this as well, but when I see Marvin Hagler go down from someone like SRL or Winky I just cringe.

Notes:

To make things even more accurate, give block ratings for up top and down stairs separately. Ali for example was quite good at parrying head shots, but often took heavy body shots in order to do this. Bernard Hopkins and Floyd Mayweather block to the body quite well and use head-movement more frequently to protect their face (this is an old school style, great for counter punching as your hands aren't tied up with blocking).

Obviously I could go on about the roster but thats more of a money and popularity issue. I'd love to see more old fighters in the game and perhaps a proper Jake Lammotta who they seem to make slow with heavy punches (he had decently fast hands and low power, massive chin and toughness)
          I was one of the people who helped compiled the wishlist on the Fight Night forum and I know boxing very well and one of the other people who helped was a boxing official. Please don't blame the wishlist for the game not doing well in sales. The game wasn't SIM and that's why it didn't sell well.
          EA Fight Night producers only used 15 percent of that wishlist.

Comment

Originally posted by POETICDRINK2U View Post
            I was one of the people who helped compiled the wishlist on the Fight Night forum and I know boxing very well and one of the other people who helped was a boxing official. Please don't blame the wishlist for the game not doing well in sales. The game wasn't SIM and that's why it didn't sell well.
            EA Fight Night producers only used 15 percent of that wishlist.
            Any insight into the next fight night game?

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
              Any insight into the next fight night game?
              I have been asking but EA has been tight lipped! I have been asking different companies about a boxing game. A Take-Two/2k employee said for me to be patient. I don't know how to take that. I have started back my campaign strongly to get a boxing game from a company. I'm going to do podcasts and get boxers to support my campaign. Please support the boxing videogame wishlist podcast this Saturday February 11th at 7PM EASTERN TIME
              http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web...=143311&cmd=tc
              Last edited by POETICDRINK2U; 02-06-2017, 11:32 PM.

Comment

There are some rumors starting to leak out on the game sites.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                  There are some rumors starting to leak out on the game sites.
                  I got a email where one of the producers may indirectly confirmed a game may be in the works. The producers always tell me they can't give me information they are not ready to give.

Comment

I hope EA doesn't do it, they are horrible. Maybe 2K should give it a whirl, but then I look at their basketball game and that sucks too

Comment

Working...
                    X