No announcement yet.

Anyone had it closer when rewatching Ortiz-Berto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone had it closer when rewatching Ortiz-Berto

Okay, okay, before y'all start trying to get at my throat. Please, listen to what I have to say.

When I watched the fight the first time, I did not keep score. I was just watching it and was just mesmerized at what was happenin' in the early rounds. And then it kinda turned into a snoozer when Berto decided to, well, be Berto(ie ran out of gas and hugged for survival). Without keeping score, I had Ortiz winning comfortably.

I watched it the day after, and this time I decided to score it. I don't remember what my actual score was, but, all I remember was how surprised I was after I tallied my scores. I still had Ortiz winning the fight, but, the score was close.

However, although my scores were close, it was clear who the winner was in my book.

I really think Ortiz could've pushed more, to seal the deal in some of those close rounds.
    Last edited by Monte Fisto; 04-22-2011, 08:32 PM.

The knockdowns cancel themselves out, and even if you had Berto winning the 9th when Ortiz got penalized Berto didn't win more than four rounds. Can't see how it ends up close.

Comment

Originally posted by Monte Fisto View Post
      Okay, okay, before y'all start trying to get at my throat. Please, listen to what I have to say.

When I watched the fight the first time, I did not keep score. I was just watching it and was just mesmerized at what was happenin' in the early rounds. And then it kinda turned into a snoozer when Berto decided to, well, be Berto(ie ran out of gas and hugged for survival). Without keeping score, I had Ortiz winning comfortably.

I watched it the day after, and this time I decided to score it. I don't remember what my actual score was, but, all I remember was how surprised I was after I tallied my scores. I still had Ortiz winning the fight, but, the score was close.

However, although my scores were close. I didn't necessarily think it was a competitive fight all throughout.
      add that first knockdown by ortiz and and take a point from berto for holding and wont be close.

Comment

i just cant see it being any closer then 114-112 ... but berto had moments, i even gave him the 12th. the rematch would be close as well imo

Comment

I thought it was close live cos I was drunk and excited.

I gave Berto 2 rounds when I watched it again sober.

Comment

114-111 was the best card, some people and judges scored the 6th 10-10, when it should be 10-9 Berto. The point deduct round should be scored 9-9
            Last edited by J Dubb II 330; 04-22-2011, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Rewatched it earlier and I still had Ortiz winning by 4 points

Comment

I was there live, scored it 115-110 for Ortiz

Re-watched it a few times when I got home and scored it 114-111 for Ortiz

Comment

after second look still had it ortiz 114-112.

berto lost his legs early.was obvious bertos ambush style was cut short when ortiz hurt him early.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamPirate View Post
                    add that first knockdown by ortiz and and take a point from berto for holding and wont be close.
                    nah, that was a trip

Comment

Working...
                    X