Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing is the superior combat sport - Period!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing is the superior combat sport - Period!!!

Now I love MMA, don't get me wrong, but I hate how most MMA fans label MMA as the superior 'fighting' sport. Excuse me, but the last time I checked, hitting someone while they are on the floor is a ***** move. The only time I ever see people kick in fights is when girls get it on, or 8 chavs are kicking a defenceless man to death.

In a real street fight, man o mano, the greatest weapons a man possesses are his fists. Real men duke it out, swinging punches, the first one who lands a big punch usually victors. No kicking, no grappling, just a difference being resolved in the most effective way possible - boxing. If your opponent is knocked to the floor, you don't kick him or put him in a triangle choke. You let him be, and walk away.

Thus, it annoys me when MMA elitists label MMA as the superior 'fighting' sport. I'm sorry but real men follow certain unwritten rules. Never hit a downed opponent, enough is enough, and kicking is for girls. These are the unwritten rules that boxing adheres to. It is what makes it the superior fighting sport. Because all fights have rules. An if a fight doesn't have rules, it is not a fight, it is brutal demonstration of human violence.

Rules are what separate a man on man fight, and a chav stomping a man's head.

Originally posted by timba View Post
    Now I love MMA, don't get me wrong, but I hate how most MMA fans label MMA as the superior 'fighting' sport. Excuse me, but the last time I checked, hitting someone while they are on the floor is a ***** move. The only time I ever see people kick in fights is when girls get it on, or 8 chavs are kicking a defenceless man to death.

In a real street fight, man o mano, the greatest weapons a man possesses are his fists. Real men duke it out, swinging punches, the first one who lands a big punch usually victors. No kicking, no grappling, just a difference being resolved in the most effective way possible - boxing. If your opponent is knocked to the floor, you don't kick him or put him in a triangle choke. You let him be, and walk away.

Thus, it annoys me when MMA elitists label MMA as the superior 'fighting' sport. I'm sorry but real men follow certain unwritten rules. Never hit a downed opponent, enough is enough, and kicking is for girls. These are the unwritten rules that boxing adheres to. It is what makes it the superior fighting sport. Because all fights have rules. An if a fight doesn't have rules, it is not a fight, it is brutal demonstration of human violence.

Fail. Best weapon in a street fight is a gun.

Who the **** actually cares about how a street fight would go anyways? Are you some kind of thug/punk? Get a life.

Comment

Also, your title says that "boxing is the superior combat sport", but then you compare it to street fighting which has no rules and is not a sport. What is your topic actually about?

Sport is a competition between two opponents within a certain set of rules. Last time I checked both mma and boxing had rules.

Street fights don't have rules. What relevance does street fighting have in this?

Also, last time I checked you could box in mma if you chose to. There was nothing limiting a boxer from exercising that skill set.

What is the criteria of your determination on what is "superior" sport anyways?

Your post makes no sense and fails on so many different levels.

Comment

Dude it's not 1892 anymore! And who the fuk made it a rule that standing and punching is the only "manley" way to fight? Who said? Wrestling/grappling was invented by the Romans and Greeks who taught it to their spartan warriors or Roman Legions to defend themselves on the combat field when they were disarmed. At one time these two nations had the most powerful armies on earth so are you really gonna tell me that a Roman Soldier or a fuking Spartan were unmanley? Seriously are you that ignorent?

The only people who say crap like that are people who get the SHHIITTTT kicked out of them on a regular basis.

Comment

god not this again

can't the two sports just go exist without constant need for comparison

a boxer would get handled in an mma fight with a guy who knows ju jitsu or wresting

and if a wrestler put gloves on and stepped into a boxing ring he would most likely get knocked out or beaten to a pulp

end of story

anderson silva is the ****ing bollocks btw

Comment

ALL MMA related threads in the boxing area should receive an automatic ban to the thread starter and vice versa to the MMA section...

Comment

Originally posted by ghost deini View Post
              god not this again

can't the two sports just go exist without constant need for comparison

a boxer would get handled in an mma fight with a guy who knows ju jitsu or wresting

and if a wrestler put gloves on and stepped into a boxing ring he would most likely get knocked out or beaten to a pulp

end of story

anderson silva is the ****ing bollocks btw
              ^^^^This...at least for the most part.

On any given day in mma a boxer may beat a jj fighter or a wrestler. Vice versa can also happen. The best fighters tend to be really strong in one sport and very well rounded in others.

The elite mma fighters tend to be excellent at more than one art.

However, it would be a rare day indeed if an elite mma fighter could carry over his best "art" and succeed in the arena of that given sport against its elite. Its usually the other way around. It would take a special breed of athlete to be able to do that.

Comment

Spoken like a true fanboy. Boxing is a sport designed for the ring and not for the street. This whole debate about which sport(MMA and Boxing) is more effective in the real world is only brought up by fanboys and casual fans. This is like comparing baseball and football effectiveness on the street. Both are designed and loved for the skill it was made for for its respected application. If you love boxing you love it because of the sweet science and for the art of the punch game in the aspect of fighting. Boxing on the street is as effective as Tae Bo is which shouldn't matter because like mentioned before if you love the sport you love it for what it is and not for what it is outside its geographic.

Comment

**** mmgay. if you like watching 2 dudes roll around making love, then watch mma. if you like seeing 2 dudes knuckle up, then watch boxing. /thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                    **** mmgay. if you like watching 2 dudes roll around making love, then watch mma. if you like seeing 2 dudes knuckle up, then watch boxing. /thread.

Were you actually aware that psychologists have studied the sexuality of guys who get turned on by men doing activities, such as wrestling?

Were you aware that if a guy is straight then watching guys fighting isn't sexualized in their minds? It is if a straight guy watches two women though - that activity is very erotic to a straight guy.

Two men fighting only becomes sexualized if you, as a guy, leans toward ****erotic tendencies.

Food for thought buddy...

Comment

Working...
                    X