Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheater are ruining Boxing!!! Trinidad, Mosley and Margarito all scumbags!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice to see nobody brought up Roid Jones Jr.

What amazing memories you all have.

Cheating is cheating and ignorance is no defence.

They are all scumbags.

Comment

i love how this is turning into a tito thing.even roy jones has said what tito wore was alot of gauze, to protect the hands.which is why tito never had any injuries to his hands.unlike calzaghe and floyd, who probably didn't wear enough.
      even the state official told hopkins camp that hopkins hands could be wrapped like tito's.marga got caught with pads.pads.not too much gauze. get it threw your bitter little heads.that's a big ****ing difference.
      I'ma sig this **** for you lame brains.

Comment

Originally posted by x-PeROxiDE-x View Post
        Nice to see nobody brought up Roid Jones Jr.

What amazing memories you all have.

Cheating is cheating and ignorance is no defence.

They are all scumbags.
        Dude I my anger I forgot about Roids JR. Fuck him too!

Comment

This **** makes him look even worse. Marg just lost pretty much all his shine.

Comment

THIS WAS FIGHT OF THE YEAR WTF are you talking about???? This is what i hate about you racist mother****ers. If a white boy who hasn't proved anything is his entire career barely survives a 43 year old it's a great day for boxing, He's atg and whatever you rank him at (your ****ing fantasy business i dont care). A black man delivers a FOTY winning against all odds AND HE DID NOT CHEAT for this fight, he did it once, by accident (or not but) 9 ****ing years ago, 9 years ago!!!! (whereas Margarito WAS CAUGHT cheating). Now boxing is in shame, dying, WELL **** OFF. The only sport God will let hating small minds like you have success is in ****ing bum fights because you have the biggest drunkards and trailerpark rats and we only have Kimbo lol. Anyway this is my 2 cents. And damn right i know i'm being racist but you guys deserve more people thinking like yourselves around here. We will not let this become a trailer park in the south border.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
              This **** makes him look even worse. Marg just lost pretty much all his shine.
              I know you're a Mosley fan. How do you feel about Mosley?

Comment

Can't really say anything about this but to agree. As much as am horriffically dissappointed I am on Marg's destruction, am much more dissappointed about the glove issue and now am concern about Cotto's well being because if Cotto comes back as damaged goods over loaded gloves it would be a tradey.
                I could never forgive Marg for missing up someones bright carear because of cheating. Am hurting bad.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemac View Post
                  Can't really say anything about this but to agree. As much as am horriffically dissappointed I am on Marg's destruction, am much more dissappointed about the glove issue and now am concern about Cotto's well being because if Cotto comes back as damaged goods over loaded gloves it would be a tradey.
                  I could never forgive Marg for missing up someones bright carear because of cheating. Am hurting bad.
                  Everyone is hurting. This **** sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by -√ictory- View Post
                    i love how this is turning into a tito thing.even roy jones has said what tito wore was alot of gauze, to protect the hands.which is why tito never had any injuries to his hands.unlike calzaghe and floyd, who probably didn't wear enough.
                    even the state official told hopkins camp that hopkins hands could be wrapped like tito's.marga got caught with pads.pads.not too much gauze. get it threw your bitter little heads.that's a big ****ing difference.
                    I'ma sig this **** for you lame brains.
                    Cherifi Better Watch Tito's Hand Wraps.
                    Exclusive by Ron Heard

On September 29, 2001 before the fight between Bernard Hopkins and Felix Trinidad, team Hopkins sent a representative from their team to over-see Tito's hands being wrapped. When their representative arrived he was shocked to see that Tito's left hand was already wrapped, signed off and the boxing glove was on. In an exclusive interview Bernard Hopkins (said), "I sent my team in there to watch Trinidad wrap his hands and when they got there
                    Trinidad's left hand was already wrapped and he had his boxing glove on. So my trainer, Bouie Fisher who has been doing this stuff for a long time went over there to straighten it up. The thing is Trinidad has been getting away with doing this for a long time. I know for a fact that he has done it at least one other fight. They are used to being able to do whatever they want and get away with it. That is how it is in boxing."
                    First of all, you have to wonder who this commissioner was that let Don Felix wrap Tito's hand without anyone from the Hopkins camp being there. Hopkins said, "not only did he let him wrap the hands without us being there, but he was in there joking and laughing and talking Spanish with the Trinidads like they were best friends. When Bouie told them that he would have to take it off and rewrap it in front of someone fron their camp, he said "NO," its
                    already wrapped and it's too close to time for the fight to start. Bouie had to go to the head commissioner before they were made to rewrap his hands."
                    Luckily for Hopkins, Bouie Fisher is old school and he was not going to let this fight go on with Tito having wrapped his left hand and nobody from his camp watching it. "Bouie kept telling them, either we do this by the book or we don't do it all," said Hopkins.

It didn't make since to Fisher why the Trinidad's were so insistent on not rewrapping the hand because obviously they knew the rules. They have been in enough of these big fights to know that a representative from the other camp is allowed to be in the room while they are wrapping Tito's hand. Even if the New York Commission's Representative didn't know any better, the Trinidads definitely did. The Trinidads went so far as to actually say, "If we have to rewrap Tito's hand then there will be no fight."
                    Why was this left hand wrapping so important to the Trinidads?
                    Finally, after the head commissioner became involved the Trinidads were told to either rewrap the left hand or the fight was off. After much argument, they finally agreed to rewrap the hand with a member from the Hopkins team present.
                    Tito was made to remove his glove and the prior wrapping in front of Hopkins representative Naazim Richardson who noticed that the wrap looked very thick and when he felt it he says it was as hard as a rock. All the sudden it became very clear why they had tried to get away with wrapping the left hand without anyone from the Hopkins camp watching and also why they didn't want to remove it and rewrap the hand.
                    Don Felix began to rewrap the hand again, but Richardson noticed that Don Felix was putting layers of tape and then gauze, tape and then gauze, tape and then gauze which is not in accordance with NYSAC rules. The rules stipulate tape cannot be applied directly over the knuckles, and that repeating the process several times (is not permitted).
                    In an interview with Bernard Fernandez of Philly.com, Hopkins said, "If you put on tape, then gauze, then tape, then gauze, it's like a [plaster] cast. It's like being hit with a baseball bat. I'm giving out some secrets here, but you can dip your hands in ice water and that tape will, like, marinate and become harder. But it's only cheating if you get caught. Personally, I think Vargas' and Reid's people dropped the ball. Naazim did a brilliant job in spotting what [Felix Trinidad Sr.] was doing with the wraps." Don Felix was also putting tape on the skin and over the knuckles, both of which are not in accordance with NYSAC rules. New York's head commissioner put his foot down and made Don Felix wrap in strict accordance to the rules.
                    Don Felix has insisted in several interviews that, "I have always wrapped Tito's hands this way and nobody else has ever said anything."
                    That’s like saying, I beat my wife all the time and I've never got in trouble for it before. Now, all the sudden you guys want to make a big deal out this. That's just not right, I'm a respectable man.
                    In a recent interview of Don Felix by Gerardo M. Avila-Planas and David Mesqueue., Don Felix was asked, "Do you think that the Hopkins camp did it (made them rewrap Tito's hand) to get to you psychologically?" and he answered, "Well, it got to us a little because, since I couldn’t place the tape that I usually place on Tito’s hand... I had to add some more gauze to make a type of pillow... This tends to take away some of the power in the punch."
                    There are a couple really important things in this statement by Don Felix.
                    First, he admits that the New York Commission wouldn't allow him to wrap the hands like he ALWAYS DOES. There can only be one reason for him not being allowed to wrap the hands that way - it was illegal. Therefore, if that is how he ALWAYS wrapped Tito's hands in the past, the assumption that he always wrapped illegally is not far-fetched. But this time he was forced to wrap the hands in strict accordance to NYSAC rules.

Second, he admits that not being able to use the layers and to put the tape on the skin and over the knuckles, "TENDS TO TAKE AWAY SOME OF THE POWER IN THE PUNCH." So he admits that with the illegal wrapping Tito is able to hit harder.
                    Finally, he also admits, that not only does the illegal wrap allow Tito to hit harder, but it PREVENTS TITO'S HANDS FROM OPENING ON IMPACT" which actually provides more protection for his hand. So while most fighters have to worry about hitting a fighter on the top of the head in fear of hurting their hands, Tito's hands have extra power and extra protection from illegal hand wraps.
                    You may think, "Oh Well," it's over. He wrapped the hands illegally, he got caught and was made to rewrap legally - no harm - no foul.
                    Not exactly.
                    First of all, Don Felix insists that he is going to continue to wrap Tito's hands the way he has always wrapped them - which is of course, illegally. In the same interview quoted above, Don Felix is asked straight out, "Will you be wrapping Tito’s hands differently for this upcoming fight with Cherifi?" and to my absolute amazement his answer was, "No, we’ll be doing it the same way we’ve always done it because I believe that we wouldn’t have the same problems we had for the last fight. That controversy was really done to fill our heads with too many things at the same time. It was like a type of terrorism in a time when terrorism was in the United States. It was boxing terrorism."
                    I don't see how you can blame Hopkins for not allowing them to wrap Tito's left hand without anyone from his camp being there. Hown one day the cops come and arrest you just after one of your sparring sessions on her face, you can't blame the cops for terrorizing you just because you got away with it all the other times.
                    If the wraps were illegal, then they will be and always have been illegal. That is as long as they are in the United States. Which brings up a very interesting twist.
                    Cherifi better watch very carefully how Tito wraps that left hand, but even if he does, are the same rules applicable in Puerto Rico? Even if the rules are the same will the commission there enforce them?

Regardless, the fact remains; the first reason to pay close attention to this issue is for the protection of Tito's future opponents, such as Cherifi. However, there is another reason. What about Tito's past opponents?
                    Tito Trinidad has moved up the boxing ranks by giving some of the best fighters in boxing a severe beating and some of them may never be the same after suffering the effects of that beating. Take for example, David Reid. In March of 2000 Reid, who was 14-0 and the WBA jr. middleweight champion of the world, stepped into the ring against Tito Trinidad. Reid had a good right hand and caught Tito with it in the 3rd round and sent him to the canvas. More importantly he was able to avoid Tito's left hook, but only until the 7th round. Tito knocked read down in the 7th and then 3 times in the 11th. Since that fight it has been apparent that Reid will never be the same fighter. He was literally ruined by one fight.
                    His next fight against Kirino Garcia (who had a record of 28-20-1) you could see the lasting effects of the Trinidad beating - this was supposed to be a confidence building fight for Reid. But instead, Reid was gun shy and tired badly down the stretch allowing Garcia to almost steal the fight; in fact, everyone in the audience felt Kirino Garcia won the fight even though the judges gave the decision to Reid. However, Reid knew he was not the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Executioner54 View Post

"Just the Facts, Steve"

By Sugarfree Shaw

Let me preface this edition of the 'Corner' with a couple of definitions, just to be sure we're all starting from equal ground.

EDITORIAL (noun): a newspaper or magazine article that gives the opinions of the editors or publishers; also : an expression of opinion that resembles such an article

JOURNALISM (noun): writing characterized by a direct presentation of facts or description of events without an attempt at interpretation

Steve? Steve Kim? Are you out there, Steve?

I mention your name because of your October 29th www.maxboxing.com article entitled "Cheat-o Trinidad?" I know I don't need to remind you, but for the benefit of everyone who hasn't seen it, I'll restate your point. You speculate that special hand wrapping techniques may have contributed to Felix Trinidad's 40-0 record, and that Trinidad's loss to Bernard Hopkins is a direct result of a change in that wrapping. There are all sorts of other indictments of Trinidad, Puerto Ricans in general, and the New York State Athletic Commission on the side, but I think that about covers it.

I'll provide a link to the article for everyone later. I'll encourage them all to check it out. It's actually quite stirring. You write with passion, Mr. Kim. You make your points. Unfortunately, Journalism isn't solely for making your points. What happened to fact and unbiased observation? What happened to credible sources? What happened to logic? You see Steve, as I've stated above, there's a difference between journalism and editorial writing. "Cheat-o," doesn't seem to know which it wants to be. It abounds in obvious personal opinion and bias, but is presented as a journalistic report. Since you seem to have some confusion on this issue, let me take you briefly back to school.

Let's assume we're talking about a report, here. In this instance, you would devise a topic for a story, do some research, and present the facts, right? Good, I'm glad we can agree on that. Here are a few more specific essentials you'd probably want to include:

Interviews from opposing sides:
                      The old adage goes, "There are two sides to every story." As a general rule, people want to see interviews from those who are -- and this is very important -- direct representatives of the parties involved. I see you've done half of that job very well.

I appreciate the comments from people Trinidad has knocked out, especially the very vocal and opinionated views of William Joppy and Fernando Vargas. I also thank you for including the interview with James Fisher, who was in the locker room during the taping incident before the Trinidad/Hopkins fight. Thanks for showing me that side of things.

Let me ask, if I may; was there anyone from the Trinidad camp available for comment before you decided to present these accusations to the masses? If you're a journalist whose report questions the integrity of a former World Champion and his family, why aren't they represented? Thanks very much for throwing in Teddy Atlas' explanation of how to turn your tape job into a hard cast, and (David Reid's trainer) Al Mitchell's admission that he didn't see anything wrong with the hand wraps, but that's not exactly the same as asking the person you're accusing for their version of the story, is it? The way you so heavily rely on Trinidad-bashers makes me think you keep a few of them on speed dial. In short: Stories have two sides. Try to include them both, if it's not too much trouble.

Credible vs. Non-Credible Interviews:
                      Again, thanks so much for your interviews with the ever-entertaining William Joppy, Fernando Vargas, and David Reid. I'm so glad you brought their testimonies to the page. And what an opportunity this is for them to break this story wide open. Those must have been tough interviews. What did you ask them? Was it something like, "Did you get knocked out because you got beaten, or was it because your opponent had 'loaded' gloves?" It's your story, I know, but I might have suggested interviewing fighters who weren't completely embarrassed in their meetings with Trinidad. You see, when someone clearly has a vested interest in seeing the subject of the accusations brought down, their testimony loses what we like to call "credibility."

Come on, Steve. Trinidad had 37 other opponents to pick from. Choosing the three who suffered notable knockouts for this piece is clearly poor thinking on your part. Where is De La Hoya? Where is Whitaker? Wasn't Oba Carr around somewhere? Mamadou Thiam? Maurice Blocker, for Pete's sake? My point is this: If you're set on including these three guys in the piece, at least ask them something harder, like "Why we haven't heard these accusations from you until now?" Ask them for evidence; ask them for something, anything, to substantiate what we got. Shining through these interviews is the underlying impression that these guys are sore losers given a convenient opportunity to lash out and offer an excuse. An internationally published one, at that. For a great example of what I'm talking about, take a look at this excerpt from your story:

"Somebody came up to me at the press conference in Puerto Rico," stated Vargas. "He was Puerto Rican and I don't know who he is, but I've seen him around many fights, he's affiliated with boxing. I don't know if he's a trainer, manager, whatever he might be. He said, 'Look, I'm Puerto Rican, but I don't like Trinidad's people. I'm gonna tell you guys, you better watch out for the way he wraps.'"

Huh?!?!? No offense, Steve, but I've seen stronger scoops at the local Baskin-Robbins. When I hear a Champion has been accused of wrongdoing, I want the hard details, not "my friend's sister's boyfriend knows this guy who works with this chick who knows a lot about boxing, and her Dad's mechanic told him that Tito doesn't fight clean." Not very convincing. Not very credible.

I'll take "Logical Conclusions" for $1,000, please:
                      If you absolutely must make a jump to a conclusion (and in case I haven't stated this previously, a reporter of the facts shouldn't), at least make sure it's reasonable. That's really the only requirement I'll ask of you.

Don't get me wrong, Steve. I see you working here. I see how you've extensively interviewed James Fisher, and I can appreciate that. He was there, and that speaks well of you. But when you look at his interview, you still make an overall point that is entirely conjecture. Let's look at Fisher's version of the facts:

Fisher walks into the dressing room, where Trinidad's left hand was already wrapped.

Fisher talks with the Inspector, in his words "a Puerto Rican guy," who tells him the wraps are regulation. An argument ensues.

A superior inspector comes in and gets the Trinidad camp to take the wraps off. They re-wrap again, the same way. An argument ensues.

The supervising inspector tells the Hopkins camp they can wrap Bernard's hands in similar fashion, if they choose. They decline. Trinidad's hands get re-wrapped again.

Comment

Working...
                      X