No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins: Floyd Mayweather is Not Taking Canelo Lightly

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hopkins: Floyd Mayweather is Not Taking Canelo Lightly

IBF light heavyweight champion Bernard Hopkins says Floyd Mayweather Jr. (44-0, 26KOs) is taking WBC/WBA junior middleweight champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (42-0-1, 30KOs) very seriously. The fight, which is contracted for a catch-weight of 152-pounds, happens later tonight at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Showtime Pay-Per-View will carry the card.

For weeks, Mayweather has been attacking Canelo's past opponents and downplaying his career accomplishments. The verbal attacks and some of Mayweather's televised antics are nothing more than mind games, says Hopkins.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Basically he's saying Floyd be fronting a lot and I believe him. When has he ever not taken an opponent seriously regardless who it is/was.

Comment

I'm sure he's not and he'll take him seriously for the first 4 rounds. Then once the dude is fatigued and broken down mentally he's just gonna toy with him.

I might be wrong but those people expecting a competitive fight cause Canelo is a young, big, hungry fighter are gonna be greatly disappointed.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Who better to read into all the antics other Hopkins himself, Mayweather and Hopkins are like the biggest mind gamers in boxing, Floyd never underestimates no one I don't care how much a bum, no one!

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
          I'm sure he's not and he'll take him seriously for the first 4 rounds. Then once the dude is fatigued and broken down mentally he's just gonna toy with him.

I might be wrong but those people expecting a competitive fight cause Canelo is a young, big, hungry fighter are gonna be greatly disappointed.

Yes, it is very awkward that people see this fight as competitive. This fight will be over by the 3rd round.

Comment

Canelo has the Mosley chance...if he doesn't hurt Floyd early its over!!
            Floyd gladly gives up the first few rounds in order to observe and study his opponent

Comment

Agreed, but I believe Floyd is looking to make a statement with this fight. I believe we're gonna see the younger version/more aggressive floyd in this fight and he's gonna get Canelo out of there. I believe he's gonna dictate the pace of this fight as usual and unload more combos instead of potshotting or 1, 2's

Comment

Same as JC Chavez Sr. did to the mayweather uncle , KO by right hand to the head.

Gayweather is done.

Comment

"You think he's coming to a gun fight with no gun. But he's not. He's coming with 5 of them and an extra clip."

Comment

Originally posted by chubano View Post
                    Same as JC Chavez Sr. did to the mayweather uncle , KO by right hand to the head.

Gayweather is done.
                    you're either jealous of mayweather or on some good drugs

Comment

Working...
                    X