Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White female college students told not to wear hoop earrings because of appropiation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surely an entire race has something more worthwhile than a hoop earring to claim as their own.

Most of society today are pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
      Many people don't really understand the appropriation argument. The appropriation argument is based on the fact that these things were used to denigrate blacks. The loop earring and braided hair were classified as "ghetto" and "ratchet" by society.

Therefore, blacks are saying why when a white person wear the things we are denigrated for it becomes some type of new fashion trend. They are not really saying a white person shouldn't do this or that, but rather give credit and stop denigrating us for something until white folks do it.

Example, Miley is known in mainstream for twerking(or the ****ery she called twerking) and nobody said she was ratchet or ghetto. They said Miley is bold and empowered.
      Plenty of people understand it just fine, and can see that it is worthless bullshit. Also, that is only one definition of what appropriation is about. To plenty of people it is an ownership thing.
      Last edited by Lomasexual; 03-31-2017, 05:02 PM.

Comment

There are some waste of semens that managed to reach a certain age that call themselves as activists. I interpret it as "I have no clue abt my future and real life, so that I play the lil freedom warrior." Do they really believe ppl need them ans what they do works? Students are supposed to be decently dressed to help creating a good atmosphere of an harmonious school picture. I bet my azz no one that matters do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
          Plenty of people understand it just fine, and can see that it is worthless bullshit. Also, that is only one definition of what appropriation is about. To plenty of people it is an ownership thing.
          Not arguing whether it is worthless, just saying people always have colour arousal issue before they try and understand the point of view of the argument.

Comment

Working...
          X