Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fao smart people: how do we get the manufacturing jobs that left USA?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hype job View Post
    What fuels the expansion?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      I think it will be more difficult for people to make a living in certain parts of the US without an education. I see what has been going on in the South with "right to work" and it scares me.

Public High schools in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and other regions down south are producing graduates who can literally only function in low skilled jobs. I find this disgraceful in the US.

I get it, not everyone is made for college. The least high schools can do is prepare people for the real world by giving them a skill and teaching them about credit. So many public schools no longer teach trades and I think that is a problem.

It depends on what the general view of a "basic" education is. My kids are 22 and 21, I talk to their friends a lot, almost none of them want to be tradesmen and get dirty and sweat all day, they all want easy office jobs with extremely high pay. I worked in many construction and skilled labor jobs for years and liked them, it was the stress of having an @sshole boss that makes construction suck, not that its hard work. Building stuff and using power tools is fun. Not many kids want to do trades work anymore, even though we still need tradesmen because the boomers are all getting old and retiring

Comment

Working...
      X