No announcement yet.

Young Shane Mosley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    How good was Mosley overall anyway? I'm guessing not quite all-time great, but still pretty good and skilled among his contemporaries?
    honestly he's great, when you are talking his career though, maybe not quite an ATG.

but H2H he's great, he's a lightweight that moved up and beat a prime Oscar twice. simple as that. I think he would have beat Tito as well.

Comment

Well technically, Oscar should've beat Tito as well. Just gave it away the last 3 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
        Well technically, Oscar should've beat Tito as well. Just gave it away the last 3 rounds.
        I thought he beat Tito anyway. And I thought he beat Mosley the second fight.

Tony, you look a lot like the Rock himself.

Comment

I get that a lot. And he probably did, but a fighter still has to finish strong. The only time you should run around is the last round, when you know you're well ahead. Although, when I was growing up, when you said The Rock, first people thought of pro wrestling, first Don Muraco, then Dwayne Johnson, son of Rocky Johnson, who called himself The Rock, in tribute to his dad.

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
            I was watching a lot of young Shane Mosley fights, he looks to me like a complete fighter, power, speed, combinations, chin, footwork, reflexes, he will always have troubles with technicians, but still a hell of a fighter, i believe that in his prime he would have done better in some of his losses.
            Mosley was in his prime when he lost to Forrest in back to back fights.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
              I thought he beat Tito anyway. And I thought he beat Mosley the second fight.
              I did too.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                Mosley was in his prime when he lost to Forrest in back to back fights.
                In some of his losses, not all of his losses.

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
                  In some of his losses, not all of his losses.
                  Which ones?

I certainly feel a prime Mosley beats Mayweather, possibly Pacquiao depending on how many of Pacs shots he can take before breaking mentally (as he was prone to doing). I certainly believe any version of Mosley loses to Cotto, as the PR man hasd the perfect mentality and style to beat Mosley.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                    Which ones?

I certainly feel a prime Mosley beats Mayweather, possibly Pacquiao depending on how many of Pacs shots he can take before breaking mentally (as he was prone to doing). I certainly believe any version of Mosley loses to Cotto, as the PR man hasd the perfect mentality and style to beat Mosley.
                    I believe he beats anyone who isn't a technician.

Comment

Working...
                    X