Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jonathan Banks' Ultimate Test To Game Plan Victory For Wladimir & Whyte In Rematches?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonathan Banks' Ultimate Test To Game Plan Victory For Wladimir & Whyte In Rematches?

Jonathan Banks has already proven in 2 defeats that he is excellent in the corner during a fight. He was all over Wladimir from as early as the 2nd round, giving all the correct instructions only to be largely ignored by the ex-champion, who seemed to be content with playing the same old tune while also ignoring his brother Vitali's advice with the same stubborn disregard.

In the Dillian Whyte fight, I'd say Banks is actually responsible for two key things:

It's because of Banks that the fight wasn't stopped in the first round through disqualification. When Dillian retaliated after being hit after the bell, that fight was one more after-the-bell punch from being over but Banks immediately forced Dillian back to the corner and pinned him there, acting similar to a personal bodyguard. The fight was then able to resume with Dillian essentially temporarily nullified since he respects Banks too much to push him out the way and continue fighting.

He also gave Dillian excellent advice, calmed him down which then resulted in the few moments of real offensive success that Dillian had in the second round. From almost being down and out, Dillian came back and almost reversed the course of the fight, if only for a few brief moments.

But now, with two potential rematches looming, Banks is probably about to face his ultimate test as a trainer where he has the chance to be instrumental in crafting the game plan and specific training methodology for both Wladimir and Whyte to adapt to Fury and Joshua's style and ultimately have much more success in their second attempts!

Banks has the opportunity now to propel himself to trainer of the year status in 2016 if he can help lead his fighters to victory in the rematches. What do you think? If Wladimr and Dillian win, is Banks insta-trainer of the year?

I was too amped at Fury's success to pay much attention to Banks corner work tbqh so I can't vouch for what you are saying there (& it was a horrible fight while brilliant strategically so I haven't re-watched it yet), but have no reason to doubt you. I definitely agree with you on the Whyte side of things doe. Banks handled the situation & chilled a overly aggressive Whyte out excellently. Was very impressed with that situation & impressed with the minor success they had vs Joshua in the 2nd round to remove his snicker he held for most of the first round. Banks is going to be the Eddie Futch/Manny Steward of this era &/or the next era cuz he might need a few gray hairs before we can throw him up with or near those guys.

Comment

In the Klitschko vs Fury fight..Manny Steward would have been going ballistic after the third round. "Throw some damn punches".

Johnathan Banks, just seemed too laid back through out the fury fight, whats the point of giving technical advice when your guys not throwing punches. As Manny Steward, once said "..sometimes you need to light a fire under your guy.."

He waited till the 10th round to tell Klitschko he needed a knockout to win.
      He should have been telling him that after the 7th round.

Even his cussing in the last 2 rounds was just lack lustre.

I think Johnathan Bank at the moment would make a great assistant Coach he has no businesss being the Head Coach. He needs to serve an apprenticeship under a veteran. I think definitely has the potential to become a great coach in the future but right now he is just assistant coach material

Klitschko needs to bring in an experienced veteran as the Head Coach for the re-match.

Comment

Working...
      X