No announcement yet.

Really depressing night of fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really depressing night of fights

Can't remember many times where I've felt this bad after a night of watching boxing. It's the kind of night that really makes you stop and think about how much of your time and heart is worth putting into the sport.

First of all we get yet another complete robbery against Herrera, who is just such a nice guy and such a talented and crafty fighter. To see his livelihood messed with twice because of corrupt boxing politics is sickening.

Then we get Julie Lederman turning in yet another atrocious scorecard (remember her card in Vazquez/Bey? She's terrible), and Bradley gets left with an undeserved draw even though he clearly won 8-4.

And of course on Showtime we have awful, biased commentary from Paulie and Al about how great Thurman and Khan are, and how they could give Floyd more trouble than anyone etc. Bull****, the whole world wants to see Money vs. Pac-Man, and these ******* Haymon acolytes are just spouting what's in the network's interest to spout. They're total puppets, although I think Paulie mostly just has it in for Pacquiao.

The whole sport is just rotten from the inside out. I didn't enjoy tonight at all. Let me know what your experience was, and whether you're as frustrated with this infuriating sport as I am.

Those two scorecards were so bad

I'm embarrassed for boxing

Bob arum is so shady

Comment

Yeah.. A supposedly good night in boxing turned out very lackluster and deceitful.

Arum & Haymon should both leave forever.

Comment

I don't understand why it's always the same judges. There seem to only be a handful of judges that get recycled week after week. And they never seem to be penalized after awful scorecards (except, of course, for the woman who called Floyd/Canelo a draw...don't mess with the money man, being the moral here). Boxing (at least the major promoters) needs someone in charge of monitoring judges, so that when bad cards become a habit, the judge is held accountable. There's nothing like that because these judges obviously have ties with people in high places. I hate this sport right now

Comment

Originally posted by ramplamp View Post
          Can't remember many times where I've felt this bad after a night of watching boxing. It's the kind of night that really makes you stop and think about how much of your time and heart is worth putting into the sport.

First of all we get yet another complete robbery against Herrera, who is just such a nice guy and such a talented and crafty fighter. To see his livelihood messed with twice because of corrupt boxing politics is sickening.

Then we get Julie Lederman turning in yet another atrocious scorecard (remember her card in Vazquez/Bey? She's terrible), and Bradley gets left with an undeserved draw even though he clearly won 8-4.

And of course on Showtime we have awful, biased commentary from Paulie and Al about how great Thurman and Khan are, and how they could give Floyd more trouble than anyone etc. Bull****, the whole world wants to see Money vs. Pac-Man, and these ******* Haymon acolytes are just spouting what's in the network's interest to spout. They're total puppets, although I think Paulie mostly just has it in for Pacquiao.

The whole sport is just rotten from the inside out. I didn't enjoy tonight at all. Let me know what your experience was, and whether you're as frustrated with this infuriating sport as I am.
          I agree with you completely. Three of the four fights on Showtime were mismatches and should not have been shown on television. Praising Thurman like he is the second coming of Sugar Ray Robinson after he beats a 40-year old journeyman is sickening.

The Hererra decision was not at all a shock to me. I, like you, believe Hererra won easily. But I knew that his opponent would get the decision even if Herrerra knocked him down five times because Benavidez or whatever his name was, was supposed to win. Benavidez will not defeat any A-class fighters unless they are Top Rank fighters and, like tonight, the outcome is decided in advance. The Bradley decision was a joke and another black eye to boxing.

There were only two fights tonight that looked ahead of time to be competitive -- Khan/Alexander and Korobov/Lee. The only one that turned out to be a good, competitive fight was the Lee/Korobov fight.

Overall, this was one of the worst nights of boxing I have seen in my entire life and I have been watching boxing since Ali/Norton II.
          Last edited by big_james10; 12-14-2014, 01:09 AM.

Comment

damn, you've been watching fights a lot longer than i have, but i still can definitely believe it. you're right about benevidez. looks like he got the jesse vargas treatment tonight; there's another guy that just cannot be beat on the scorecards. i really don't get it.

Comment

Horrible night of boxing, only match I enjoyed was the Mares fight.

Comment

agree, Mares fight was great. i missed Charlo, but the Charlos are the most boring fighters on earth so who cares.

i caught a replay of victor ortiz's knockout too lol. that was nice

Comment

herrera really has a sad story. he should be the #1 ranked 140lber right now with two successful defenses.

yet ring doesn't even have him ranked in the top ten 140.

if floyd doesn't fight manny then i hope he gets a big payday against pac to make up for the blatant robberies he had to go through this year.

Comment

Originally posted by ramplamp View Post
                    agree, Mares fight was great. i missed Charlo, but the Charlos are the most boring fighters on earth so who cares.

i caught a replay of victor ortiz's knockout too lol. that was nice
                    Forgot to mention Andy Lee getting a good stoppage win, otherwise, dreadful night in what seemed like a stacked night of boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X