Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Explain these movements of Tyson? Too crispy..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explain these movements of Tyson? Too crispy..

Freak of nature, or what? The balance and agility in this small clip is insane.

How does a HW move and punch arguably faster than featherweights? In short 2-4 punch bursts he's as fast as Pacquiao.

love that clip. looks faster than pac imo.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
      Freak of nature, or what? The balance and agility in this small clip is insane.

How does a HW move and punch arguably faster than featherweights? In short 2-4 punch bursts he's as fast as Pacquiao.

Mike Tyson had some of the fastest hands ever possessed by a heavyweight. Some if this will be genetic, but I'd say alot is down to Cus D'Amato's training systems (combinations are worked on in a number system representing points on the body, and speed is a great factor in training).

Remember, one of the few other heavyweights who can punch in a blur like this was Cus D'Amato's other heavyweight Floyd Patterson. See if you can find any clips of his shadowboxing, its just as impressive.....I've got some on VHS from a documentary. It might be on You Tube. Alternatively watch the final round from Patterson vs Johannson 2 for some speedy hands.

From what I've read, Patterson has the fastest hands in heavyweight history. His left was proven to be quicker than Ali's.

That said, when you watch Patterson and Tyson shadowbox, they do look quicker than even Ali. I think the effect is exacerbated by the fact that their reach is far less than that of Ali. Even if the speed of punch is the same, Ali's would take longer to reach the target and retract.
      moneytheman Ascended -Jay- -Jay- like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
        Mike Tyson had some of the fastest hands ever possessed by a heavyweight. Some if this will be genetic, but I'd say alot is down to Cus D'Amato's training systems (combinations are worked on in a number system representing points on the body, and speed is a great factor in training).

Remember, one of the few other heavyweights who can punch in a blur like this was Cus D'Amato's other heavyweight Floyd Patterson. See if you can find any clips of his shadowboxing, its just as impressive.....I've got some on VHS from a documentary. It might be on You Tube. Alternatively watch the final round from Patterson vs Johannson 2 for some speedy hands.

From what I've read, Patterson has the fastest hands in heavyweight history. His left was proven to be quicker than Ali's.

That said, when you watch Patterson and Tyson shadowbox, they do look quicker than even Ali. I think the effect is exacerbated by the fact that their reach is far less than that of Ali. Even if the speed of punch is the same, Ali's would take longer to reach the target and retract.
        That last bit gets to the heart of it. Look at how little his hands actually move. Most of the 'punching' is done with the body; his punches are real short, as far as the distance his hands move.

Comment

Thats a very young Tyson at about 190-195lbs. probably 16 to 17yrs old.
          Tyson below 218lbs was very quick handed and had very quick feet too! His power came off his speed and he worked very hard at Cus's style! Ray
          moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

feel sorry for all the air particles he decapitated throwing those punches.

Comment

look at his feet. that's a major factor in this.

Comment

Relaxation and technique - this includes the need to use the upper, core and lower body in synergy with each other.

I've seen people in the gym (newcomers) who really bang away with the intention of hitting hard, they actually move quite slow and look tense, you can tell by their shoulders and how quickly they get tired. I've told a few people to relax when I trained with them and it makes a difference.

I can't stress how importantly it is to relax... and I NEVER aim for power, it just comes with proper technique and relaxation.

Comment

Working...
                X