No announcement yet.

WLAD Vs JESS WILLARD, Who Wins, 15 Round Super HW, Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steak View Post
    Haye has the ability to fight like a ***** and run around the ring. which he did against Wladimir and Valuev.

Willard doesnt. Hes not going anywhere, and hes there to be hit.

also, Wladimir can get better leverage on his shots against the 6'6ish Willard. Punching downward takes away some power since you cant get your legs or hips into the punch as well. Wladimir's left hook is going to hit hard on Willard.

oh and I guess one more thing: Haye had more explosive power than Willard, and therefor was more of an offensive threat which limited Wladimir's offense.
    I think Wlad wins by decision. But I think he has to take some punishment to do so. Barnburner is right that Wlad begins to struggle after the unknown 13th starts,, but I believe he has a good lead on points and has to survive willard coming on like a wounded bull.. I think this fight would be decided on whether Wlad or Jess takes control with the Jab. I think if Jess won the left jab battle, he would turn the fight around by a late knockout...... Willard is a big test for Wlad,,.... his chin and courage will see to that.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
      Willard would be a punching bag in this fight. It would be brutal and over by the 8th round.

Lewis might take Carnera out in the first. That wouldn't even be remotely competitive.

Lewis KOs Wlad after a boring, safety-first fight.
      LEWIS Destroys them all.... but it takes him longer to beat Willard than Lennox takes to crush Carnera..... I think Jeffries beats all four,... yep even Lennox...... Good 'Ol JEFF !!!

Comment

Williard has no hope of winning the jab battle... at all.

I also think Lewis could force a mercy stoppage on Jeffries after he eats to many straight hard punches.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
          Williard has no hope of winning the jab battle... at all.

I also think Lewis could force a mercy stoppage on Jeffries after he eats to many straight hard punches.
          My next HW thread will be Dempsey Vs Jeffries....... Then Tunney Vs Langford,.... all polls.. ----- I may just do a whole series with many crossover match-ups it'll keep us honest.. we'll have to try and be consistent, a tough test to the likes of Pepe Le PEW...... you know who I mean.... Poet ????

Comment

Haye has the ability to fight like a ***** and run around the ring. which he did against Wladimir and Valuev.

also, Wladimir can get better leverage on his shots against the 6'6ish Willard. Punching downward takes away some power since you cant get your legs or hips into the punch as well. Wladimir's left hook is going to hit hard on Willard.

oh and I guess one more thing: Haye had more explosive power than Willard, and therefor was more of an offensive threat which limited Wladimir's offense.

i hate to call somebody out, but it's actually the exact opposite

you get better leverage punching down.

that's why pitchers in baseball throw off of a mound
            why you jump if you want to serve hard in tennis

etc.

you lose power punching up

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              i hate to call somebody out, but it's actually the exact opposite

you get better leverage punching down.

that's why pitchers in baseball throw off of a mound
              why you jump if you want to serve hard in tennis

etc.

you lose power punching up
              Actually both lose power from loss of leverage. Pitchers pitch off a mound because the pitch naturally sinks as it travels. Pitching off a mound has two benefits: It makes it easier to throw a pitch that winds up in the strikezone (as opposed to sinking out of the strikezone before it reaches the plate) and it also masks the movement and trajectory of the ball. A trajectory that's hard for the batter to pick up is murder which is why some lefties without upper 90s fastballs have had first class strikeout numbers (see Sid Fernandez). It's also why a rising fastball works: It doesn't actually rise, it sinks but not as drastically as other pitches giving the batter an optical illusion that it's rising.

Poet

Comment

Wlad by complete domination. Maybe Wlad gets caught late because he's winning too easy but very unlikely.

Comment

^^^^^ Wlad showing his true abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                    Willard is also about 10 fold more durable then the glass chinned fraud.
                    that doesnt matter when youre a sitting duck for jabs, right hands and left hooks from one of the hardest HW punchers of all time.

lets not pretend like Willard was an unstoppable force. tough guy? definitely. and I give him credit for that.but if Dempsey and Firpo could knock out Willard, undoubtedly so could Wladimir. and nothing will prevent Wladimir from doing it, since Willard doesnt have explosive power or movement.

Comment

punching downward doesn't not take power away. Have you ever boxed? Punching upwards does though, which is why guys like Frazier and Tyson used to dip their legs and come up to compensate.

Comment

Working...
                      X