Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what i/you thought Paul Williams could've been.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He isn't done yet. I'm going to need to see more sufficiant evidence than 1 bad KO that his career is over, of course that won't stop everyone else from writing him off I'm sure.

Comment

The Martinez KO could be a valuable lesson he should've learned earlier in his career. He is still young, he can still be a great fighter but he needs a new trainer. One who has experience working with tall fighters with long reach.

Sometimes however getting a concussion like that can affect you outside the ring. Only he knows if hes fully recovered from that KO.

Comment

He could still accomplish many things outside of Martinez I think he can beat anyone at 160 or 154 he just needs to learn how and when to fight on the outside

Comment

Saul Alvarez would get owned

Comment

Originally posted by Mojita View Post
            I was very high on williams early in his career. Even with his first loss to Carlos.I think around that time, he should gotten a real seasoned trainer to help him mold his such tall frame and his crazy work rate. Ever since the redemption to carlos, he was on his way down. Never imposed his reach or height, relied too much on slapping punches and rrelying on a granite chin. It cost him. He thought fighting life and death with an unrepared martinez was goingto win him the rematch.

Well I wanted Paul and saw him being a champion in 147, 154, 160 and maybe even 168. His frame can carry 175+ easy imo. But he was so set on fighting smaller fighers for a eady route imo. If he could actually developed better footwork and a lethal jab with his work rateand box smarter, I can bet you Williams would gave hell up to 175. I promise you that. But when youra chinfirst, workrate and think you not going to get countered, you lose and its too late for Williams. His prime took a hit in the first Martinez fight and taken awayin therematch.

Anyway, what were your hopes for Williams? He could've done and been doing a lot. Trainers makeor break a fighters great career imo
            How could anyone be surprised about Paul? Paul WIlliams is just who I'd thought he'd be. Too many people made him out to be this great fighter because floyd mayweather or manny or cotto didn't fight him. That mentality is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
              He could still accomplish many things outside of Martinez I think he can beat anyone at 160 or 154 he just needs to learn how and when to fight on the outside
              Agreed but with an improved defensive guard as well.

Comment

Williams should has stayed in one weight and made his mark. He and his management did it to themselves in going up and down in weight.

He wasn't the most avoided fighter but a fighter that once he had some of a name in the sport was chasing the big paydays instead of making a point in a weight.

147 had so many stars all he had to do was to stay winning if he could in that weight and clean it out so they wouldn't be any excuses.

He still will be able to do something at 154 cause you are only as good as in your last fight in this sport

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
                  You should wait to see how that ko has affected him before making that statement
                  That's true BUT If P-Will looks good against Lara and knocks him out in a spectacular way, then watch fans on this site once again hop on the P-Will bandwagon.

Personally I don't think his career is over and I have a feeling he'll be right back at the top of the division quite soon.

Comment

Anybody can get caught... it's boxing, **** happens.

Lets see how he does vs Lara before we write him off.

He went toe to toe, in an all out war with the MW champion Martinez in the first fight... you can't suck at make that happen.

Comment

Alvarez would not beat pw imo i wish paul had a real trainer but its too late

Comment

Working...
                      X