No announcement yet.

They've turned on Floyd.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    Quick question. Bob did the same "blame floyd" thing in January. Despite that 1.4 mil people purchased the floyd fight. Why did so many people purchase a fight when the main draw was a "chicken"? In comparison, why did so (relatively) few purchase the fight that had the p4p#1 fotd, foty, and atg with crowd pleasing style?

Why did Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer go multi-platinum????

Oh yeah, cuz selling means they are the greatest at what they do...

Comment

• It's too late for excuses.

There has been no "denial" or "acceptance" by the Mayweather camp.

If the reports were "not" true about the proposal being agreed upon by top rank and GBP and all it needs is Mayweather's signature, then for sure Ellerbe would have at least came out and denied it. Just like last time. But nope, he didn't. Which means that it must be true.

And this excuse about Oh, there is a gag order and that both camp will negotiate through closed doors. They did negotiate through closed doors because we don't have the "full" details of the proposal. Most of the talks have been, that it has been agreed and Mayweather needs to sign. Delahoya coming out and saying that it's looking positive. That's all. Does anyone know the "full" details of the negotiations? No you don't.

So again I will repeat.

IT'S TOO LATE FOR ANY EXCUSES FROM THE MAYWEATHER CAMP.

If Mayweather had any objections with the proposal, then they would have said something by now.

The only move Floyd can make now is "to sign."

If not, then get your big umbrella ready because there will be a storm coming.

Comment

• Originally posted by MayMafia View Post
        Why did Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer go multi-platinum????

Oh yeah, cuz selling means they are the greatest at what they do...
        But being the "best and "selling the most" are different. But you can't buy food with respect, only cash or credit.

Comment

But being the "best and "selling the most" are different. But you can't buy food with respect, only cash or credit.
          Thats my point.... The ****sexual may sell more due to his flamboyant train wreck life outside the ring, but Pac is certainly recognized as a greater fighter inside the ring....

And as history already shown, the flaming **** will be broke within a few years after boxing,,,,so he will not have money nor respect...

Comment

• Originally posted by MayMafia View Post
            Thats my point.... The ****sexual may sell more due to his flamboyant train wreck life outside the ring, but Pac is certainly recognized as a greater fighter inside the ring....

And as history already shown, the flaming **** will be broke within a few years after boxing,,,,so he will not have money nor respect...
            floyd mayweather is more accomplished than manny pacquio. he sells more because more people want to see him fight than want to see manny plain and simple. Frankly, I don't know why it bothers you so much. I doubt he will be broke.

The boxing lifers tend to favor manny over floyd because they don't like the way he carriess himself outside the ring. Thatt is their choice. But the almost always pick him to win handily.

We should be able to separate how we feel about an individual from an honest assessment of their talent or skill.

Comment

• Checkmate.

Comment

• Originally posted by S.G. View Post
                Well it was always gonna happen. Especially since Arum dropped his "gag order" and started getting aggressive.
                The negotiations are over .

We heard nothing about any of the stipulations during the negotiating process.

So he obliged by that order and both representatives agreed that everything was fair, and now they forwarded that to Floyd to sign.

The negotiations are over and Bob Arum has every right to say whatever he wants now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Chingas View Post

What is underhanded about saying, "the representatives for both parties have agreed, now its up to Floyd to sign."?

Arum isn't even talking about terms.

These are not even negotiations, so all this talk about gag orders for the negotiations at this point, the point of waiting for someone to sign,

is pointless,

as there are no more negotiations taking place.

The only person killing this fight, is the person who has gone virtually his entire career without all of these extra testing demands.

Its funny how not a single person on this site, or any other, gives a **** about OSTs in any other fights.

Only for this one.

Because an entire lot of you don't want to see Floyd get his ass handed to him by a supposedly inferior fighter.
                  By "either side dictating terms", I mean they're making demands. An ultimatum is a final demand. If you look at the big picture, it's still part of the negotiation, even if you don't want to define it that way.

And you have to stop making assumptions about what some of us want. I'd be happy to see Mayweather get "his ass handed to him" by Pacquiao, if Pac can pull it off.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                    He had the media with his testing demands. For a second there I thought he really had the media and the causal fans tricked about Manny. Making it look like he was on roids or afraid to fight. Now it's backwards. May has his back against the wall. A lot of his legacy might ride on the next 24 hours.

Very true...I always been a fan of Mayweather and Pacman.. But he even had me tricked thinking Pac was scared... I'm coming back down to reality now and seeing who the real coward is... he don't sign this contract, even though I been a fan of him for years, **** it..He's a straight *****!!

Comment

floyd mayweather is more accomplished than manny pacquio. he sells more because more people want to see him fight than want to see manny plain and simple. Frankly, I don't know why it bothers you so much. I doubt he will be broke.

The boxing lifers tend to favor manny over floyd because they don't like the way he carriess himself outside the ring. Thatt is their choice. But the almost always pick him to win handily.

We should be able to separate how we feel about an individual from an honest assessment of their talent or skill.
                      LOL...FTOD, 4 lineals, 7 weight titlest.....

But you're right, May fought the Big Show.....lol

And yes, we all picked floyd to beat Baldomir, Shamba, and a 40 year old Mosley...

Comment

Working...
                      X