No announcement yet.

Thurman Beats Crawford Easily... stylistic nightmare

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    when did i admit that? did you not read the part where peterson beat him? algieri was robbed? the guys that knocked him out were on their way to beating him but they just happened to knock him out so that doesn't count because he was ko'd before he could lose a decision? thats laughable.

khan lost 5 roudns to maidana, 7 to peterson and 7 to algeiri. stop petending hes an amazing boxer.

diaz is defensively sound though. thurman is not. and you just created your own straw man of crawford has to knock out thumran in order to win. no he doesnt. dont do that crap. thats what happened in ward kovalev and when ward surivived they gave him the fight because everyone said kovalev needed a knockout to win even though he outboxed the crap outta him. dont create self fulfilling prophecies. thurman is a good fightter but i see him losing. no shame in that. all the greats have lost. loma, baldomir, etc..

Peterson didn't outbox Khan. that fight was a robbery with the point deductions and the scorecards.

Maidana didn't outbox Khan. he had to slug him and hurt him to get some points back.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
      not to Thurman's level. especially in the footspeed department.
      He hasnt even had to display any footspeed yet. So your just making basic assumptions and trying to sell it as fact.

TC is by far the superior boxer of the two. Like I said, if TC can take his shots he outboxes thurman.

Comment

Thurman has holes in his game....he gets touched up too easy. Crawford beats his ass.

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
          He hasnt even had to display any footspeed yet. So your just making basic assumptions and trying to sell it as fact.

TC is by far the superior boxer of the two. Like I said, if TC can take his shots he outboxes thurman.
          u realize TC is 30 yrs old right?

LMAO how u gonna expect him to all of a sudden develop fast footwork?

like I said he walks. Ambush style beats technician style.

You can't outbox a RJJ, Thurman type of fighter unless you can catch up to them or KO them with a counter.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            crawford would pick him apart. thurman fights like a better version of khan. throwing quick fast punches but with no real regard for defense or for accuracy while doing it. almost losing to garcia...not good.
            He's a better defender than Crawford.

Comment

Kell Brook straight murks Crawford imo.

He's a \long dude in a midget weight class.

Comment

too fast. too powerful. too skilled.

Porter would be a problem for Crawford too.

Last saturday proved to me that Crawford is pillowfisted. he hit that Cuban midget with every punch in the book... full wind-up. hooks uppercuts. straights. never dropped him once.

Thurman would UD Crawford 12-0 like how RJJ did Toney imo. huge difference in footspeed. Crawford walks around. Thurman hops around.
                Thurman doesn't move near as good as Roy versus Toney. Crawford is a super talent with physical advantages, he's going to be hard to beat for anyone. And he's too well rounded for Thurman; he's long, has reach, decent pop, great stamina, moves very well. Crawford is very well placed fighting at 140. 147 is interesting tho.

Comment

u realize TC is 30 yrs old right?

LMAO how u gonna expect him to all of a sudden develop fast footwork?

like I said he walks. Ambush style beats technician style.

You can't outbox a RJJ, Thurman type of fighter unless you can catch up to them or KO them with a counter.
                  So now thurman is on the level with RJJ?

I didnt say he was gonna "develop" it Im saying he hasnt had to use much more than a stalking style so far so how do you know he doesnt have fast footwork?

Plus, it seems pretty fast to me. Fast enough to beat thurman at least.

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
                    So now thurman is on the level with RJJ?

I didnt say he was gonna "develop" it Im saying he hasnt had to use much more than a stalking style so far so how do you know he doesnt have fast footwork?

Plus, it seems pretty fast to me. Fast enough to beat thurman at least.

styles make fights.

it's like this. Bellew could be a better technician than Adonis Stevenson. With better combos and more punch selection. Better gas tank too.

However, Stevenson dominates Bellew every time...... why?

Bellew can't track down Stevenson.

Comment

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
                      NOBODY beats crawford "easily"
                      This. No one fighting today at 140 or 147 takes Crawford without a hell of a fight on their hands.

Comment

Working...
                      X