No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: No Rush To Make Davis-Lomachenko Unification

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
    how did i avoid the post? do you just have stock responses you say because i clearly addressed most of the points in your post. you were the one that brought up race in a passive aggressive way. its about something esle you said....whats that something else? i already know its race since you post here a lot but if you want to pretend it wasnt ok fine. then i wasnt talking abot race either i was talking about race cars. i really was.

you have no point so how could i prove it? you cant even prove it yourself. i said loma is trying to fight those guys and out of that you get i dont care about the best figthing the best...hmm ok crazy tangent there. davis is one of the best in teh division is he not? why not try to fight him? hes already tryign to fight the other guys its not like hes only going after davis so you have no point there.

no i dont care if he wins or loses. i just want him to fight one of the best. you are the opposite. you dont want him to fight the best because you dotn want him to lose. i dont care if loma loses or if he wins. i dont care if davis loses or wins. in my mind he only loses if he doesnt fight the guys he shold be fighting and makes excuses as to why he cant. even if he did lose so??? one loss and he's shi-t? loma already lost he still has a career. i guess it jst comes down to confidence. some guys like floyd/davis just dont have it
    No, I brought up the proper way to build a young fighter. I brought up a promoter listening to his matchmakers. These are race nuetral.

I don't know that Loma is trying to fight them. I know he is trying to fight Salido. If you want the best to fight the best as you say-then Loma should be fighting the guys I mentioned well before Davis.

Of course you care, thats why you are always trying to revise history when guys you don't like win fights..
    Last edited by The Big Dunn; 05-22-2017, 09:02 AM.

Comment

yes its clear. its called ducking. when you are considered one of the best and make it clear you dont want to fight the other best in the division....you dont think that should be criticized hmmm and you are a fan of boxing how? davis fan sure. floyd fan sure. fan of boxing clearly not.
      We should all be as fucking ******ed and f@ggoty you have become. So a fighter that wins his belt and defends against his mando is now ducking. Ok. So from now on, make sure we don't build young fighters at all.

Better yet, lets just apply this across the board to everyone that hasn't fought someone. Every pro is ducking according to you

Joshua is ducking Wilder and Ortiz.
      Kov is ducking Gvozdyk and ALvarez
      GGG is ducking Charlo and Saunders

Fake ass fans like you are what is truly wrong with the sport.

Comment

• What he means is come on Lomachenko move to 135 so we don't have to fight you cause I know my guy gets beat up

Comment

• I like how age suddenly matters now. Even though he is 22, has had over 220 amateur fights, and holds a major title. Tyson was blasting through grown men much bigger than him when he was 20 years old. On that note, don't call yourself the "mini Mike Tyson" and then use your age as an excuse to duck other champions and challengers.

Comment

• At the end of the day Davis needs to be fighting Lomachenko period. Davis is IBF Champion and Lomachenko is WBO Champion. Age don't matter. They both grown men over 21 Or fight the WBA or WBC Champs Berchelt and Corrales and unify the belts.

Or is that not the goal in boxing anymore?

I think GGG is most respected because that was/is his primary goal. Clean out 160 unify the belts, then move up..

Comment

• Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
              At the end of the day Davis needs to be fighting Lomachenko period. Davis is IBF Champion and Lomachenko is WBO Champion. Age don't matter. They both grown men over 21 Or fight the WBA or WBC Champs Berchelt and Corrales and unify the belts.

Or is that not the goal in boxing anymore?

I think GGG is most respected because that was/is his primary goal. Clean out 160 unify the belts, then move up..
              Why can't this still be Davis' goal? It's abundantly clear if you watched the fight that he still needs work and is still developing despite the fact he won a title belt.

Shouldn't his next fight be a Salido level opponent instead of Loma?

Shouldn't Floyd continue to develop Davis the way TR is building Valdez for example, who is also a young champion?

Doing it that way has never been an issue. Why do so many have an issue now?

Comment

or in more real talk he knows loma is too good for davis.
                At the moment

Comment

• Frankly I wouldn't put Davis in with Lomachenko yet either

I wonder why all the pressure for Davis to fight Lomachenko but not for Corrales or Berchelt?

Comment

• Floyd knows boxing and knows what's best!

The kid has massive potential and a high ceiling for what he can do but only his height is his biggest flaw other wise if he was taller I can see him climb to at least 140!

He has speed, explosiveness, dynamite in both hands, feints, different counter skills, killer instinct, moves his head well when he wants to, has a good jab when he uses it, knows how to fight out the clinch, goes to the body, and throws with bad intentions!

He just needs experience, give him a tune up! He just fought the champ and his mandatory! Not his fault he was levels above both!

I think when he's 25-26 he can give Lomachengo a real fight! I have yet to see anyone who fights like Davis with the speed, power and reflexes on Loma's resume or in his radar!

Would be a good fight now with Loma winning clearly but Davis in his prime can give a great fight once he develops more and learns more skills!

Like I said only Mikey Garcia and a Prime 25 years old Tank Davis can give Loma a real fight around 135-130!

I see this fight happening at 135 since Loma will move up very soon and Davis is only 22 and will grow bigger as he gets older!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      I respect your opinion but you completely walked around my point.

Tank is a young fighter. There is a proper way to build young fighters. Part of that is understanding clearly what you have. Floyd is smart enough to see (maybe his matchmakers ) that Davis isn't ready to fight Loma now.

That's why I brought up Valdez and Top rank. You can have a champion but still feel he is in the development stage. I don't see any posters criticizing the way he is being built, so I can't understand (from a boxing perspective) why there would be criticism here?

It's clear as day what the criticism is about.

Why would the fans hate Davis in any way? He just wen to England and defended against his mandatory. That is what fans want champs to do.
                      Great point.

I can't recall seeing any posts pushing for Valdez to get in there with Santa Cruz/Frampton/Russell/Mares, even though Valdez is a champion in the same division.

I could be wrong but it seems like there is way more pressure for Davis to fight a p4p quality name than there is for other young champions with comparable resumes to do the same.
                      Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 05-22-2017, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X