No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tony Yoka Pro Debut is Set, June 2 in France

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
    He was gifted the gold. 3 out of his 4 fights were fixed.
    He's an exciting, marketable fighter with real potential to bring life to French boxing. Canal + is a major channel in France. I wish Yoka best of luck..

Comment

Originally Posted by anonymous2.0
      tbh this is the first French heavyweight I've ever heard of

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
      Johann Duhaupas & Jean Marc-Mormeck (Originally a CW until he moved up)...
      And before that you need to back to 1983 to see a french fighting (and losing) for a world title (Rodriguez)... and before that (I believe) to Georges Carpentier in.. 1921
      So the "this is the first French heavyweight I've ever heard of" is more than logical

Comment

Yoka isn't hungry enough, doubt he makes it to the top

Comment

Yoka is being matched by John Beninati who guided the career of many a fighters

Comment

Originally posted by BWC View Post
            He's an exciting, marketable fighter with real potential to bring life to French boxing. Canal + is a major channel in France. I wish Yoka best of luck..
            Exciting, I don't know but I don't disagree with your post. None of what you said has anything to do with him being gifted the gold medal however. He will need luck and careful matchmaking because he's no Anthony Joshua, that much is clear.

Comment

He was gifted the gold. 3 out of his 4 fights were fixed.
              Just like Anthony Joshua.

Comment

The Pride of Paris

The Hands of France

Comment

Exciting, I don't know but I don't disagree with your post. None of what you said has anything to do with him being gifted the gold medal however. He will need luck and careful matchmaking because he's no Anthony Joshua, that much is clear.
                  Joshua was more than a little lucky to get the gold medal himself

I actually think Yoka may have a little more natural ability than AJ, but I'm not sure if he has the intangibles

Comment

Originally posted by Thurman View Post
                    The Pride of Paris

The Hands of France
                    I think his nickname is "L'artiste", which is a pretty cool one

Comment

Originally posted by BWC View Post
                      yep definitely has a big likeable personality.

and the more countries with a buzzing boxing scene (no pun intended) the better

Comment

Working...
                      X