Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Orlando Salido must be the G.O.A.T. or someone is getting hyped way too much.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
    I like how Salido has become some highly discussed fighter on here even though he hasn't fought in nearly a year.
    It's actually sad we shouldn't be talking about salido in relation to loma

Comment

Originally posted by Wizardsh View Post
      You need look at loma credentials before you open your mouth and compare to the so call atg losses to the salidos, people forget that loma amature career is nothing like pass atg. If you have that many amature fights and you are losing to salido that's a problem that should raise questions to any hardcore boxing fan
      No, it's not a problem, it was a lesson for a new pro who took too big a risk too soon.

NSB is horribly unfair to Orlando Salido. Dude's a legit, world class fighter who is still whipping younger guys now near the top of his weight class, when he's past it.

Put Bernard Hopkins in the ring with an Orlando Salido when he had 10-15 fights and he would have lost. There aren't many who can handle that level of opposition early in his career. That Loma did as well as he did and mainly lost because of Salido's blatant cheating is not a black mark against him, it's ****ing impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        No, it's not a problem, it was a lesson for a new pro who took too big a risk too soon.

NSB is horribly unfair to Orlando Salido. Dude's a legit, world class fighter who is still whipping younger guys now near the top of his weight class, when he's past it.

Put Bernard Hopkins in the ring with an Orlando Salido when he had 10-15 fights and he would have lost. There aren't many who can handle that level of opposition early in his career. That Loma did as well as he did and mainly lost because of Salido's blatant cheating is not a black mark against him, it's ****ing impressive.
        You can give loma that excuse but I can't because loma is under a special circumstance because of his credentials. I can not give loma a pass for a lost to salido. You are comparing past fighters who didn't have amature background, who learned on the job. Or you have an atg fighter fighting at 16 getting beat by a grown man or an atg getting robbed on his first fight. Those are understandable but loma does not have that excuse. Loma is going to have to show me something to earn my respect and beating salido is not going to do it. That boat sailed along time ago

Comment

You need look at loma credentials before you open your mouth and compare to the so call atg losses to the salidos, people forget that loma amature career is nothing like pass atg. If you have that many amature fights and you are losing to salido that's a problem that should raise questions to any hardcore boxing fan
          Lmao, Professional Boxing != Amateur Boxing. It's a huge step up and there's also a big difference in the ring between the two.

...and what kind of bull**** reason is that? Are you going to act like Marvin Hagler losing in his 29th fight to Willie Monroe isn't enough professional experience? Or him drawing in his 18th fight to Seales?

Is Hagler suddenly not an ATG? He had an okay amateur career, 57 fights is enough to learn the ropes.

You can give loma that excuse but I can't because loma is under a special circumstance because of his credentials. I can not give loma a pass for a lost to salido. You are comparing past fighters who didn't have amature background, who learned on the job. Or you have an atg fighter fighting at 16 getting beat by a grown man or an atg getting robbed on his first fight. Those are understandable but loma does not have that excuse. Loma is going to have to show me something to earn my respect and beating salido is not going to do it. That boat sailed along time ago
          We all saw that fight, but I don't know about you. Hitting nuts is okay if the referee doesn't deduct points or penalize the other fighter. The weight thing I can let slide, because Loma's team agrees about it, but when you blatantly violate the rules and act like that's a non-issue you clearly have alterior motives or bias to be against said fighter.

At the end of the day, the 12th round says it all and how Salido was basically trying to survive. Chalk it up due to inexperience. Salido gets crushed in a rematch here and now regardless, even if he was still in his prime, especially now that he can't pull the weight advantage card and would probably get a fair referee this time.

But yeah, moving up a weight class and stomping Martinez, Sosa, and Walters isn't respectable enough . Needs to move up to 140 and beat Crawford to have your respect, probably.
          Last edited by UNBIASED BOXING; 04-15-2017, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
              Yet there are many black fans who automatically hate on any white or Asian fighter regardless of how talented they are. So Loma lost his 2nd pro fight to a crafty/dirty veteran and suddenly he is overrated? Why do you think this thread was created to begin with? The OP is nothing but another Mayweather cheerleader hating on white fighters. Talk about agendas.
              Check my Lounge posts moron... I am Caucasian! Dumbass! I hate on hype jobs and fighters getting over hyped after a win that doesn't justify it. I also criticize all fighters you asshat!

Comment

Just finished watching the fight and Salido comprehensively beat ch1nko up. I hope ch1nko learnt his lesson on how to fight inside.

Robbery? GTFO

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Everybody likes Lomachenko but yeah, there will be a divide very soon because I think there are some posters who don't like that Lomachenko is liked by every fanbase, they need to make some sort of segregation at all times. So there's a tactic i'm seeing that aims to do this, which is overhyping Lomachenko, saying things like he's better than Mayweather, better than Ward, better than Roy Jones (they haven't said Ward or Jones yet but at this pace it will happen). Notice they don't say better than Pacquiao, or better than GGG, or better than Kovalev. They aim at Lomachenko being better than certain boxers. This is intentional, it's to get people mad and fulfill their little racial warzone dreams they have in their heads of white vs black.

Don't pay any attention to it, Loma is a very good fighter, he's destined for greatness, but some fans are using his name for other agendas.
                  realest comment in this thread mane. didnt even think about it in that fashion. they NEVER do say he's better than kovalev or ggg or pacquiao they only aim his "greatness" at CERTAIN fighters with high melanin content. interestin' viewpoint

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSoul View Post
                    realest comment in this thread mane. didnt even think about it in that fashion. they NEVER do say he's better than kovalev or ggg or pacquiao they only aim his "greatness" at CERTAIN fighters with high melanin content. interestin' viewpoint
                    Itz da pigmentz yo.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaolin Sword View Post
                      Itz da pigmentz yo.
                      thanks for quotin' out pidgin

Comment

Working...
                      X