No announcement yet.

Any One Else Like Loma's Showboating?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
    I'm not crazy about showboating but I like what Loma does - as long as it doesn't seem forced or too disrespectful. His stuff seems natural and as a reaction to the moment. I can appreciate that. Kinda like the way Floyd looked over at the ropes when Canelo missed with a wild right hand. There's a natural flow to it. As opposed to Andre Ward trying to wind up a bolo punch in a round he's losing.
    all 3 judges gave him that round they were impressed with his desperate showboating gone wrong

Comment

I think its kind of entertaining but the matador thing was kind of cringey to me.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        all 3 judges gave him that round they were impressed with his desperate showboating gone wrong
        Hahaha. That was the lamest wind up attempt ever. Looked like he'd never practiced it. Just a spur of the moment gone wrong. Kovalev jab pops him right in the face. And to think he "won" that round.

Comment

Why didn't he showboat against salido doe?

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
            He will in the rematch. Don't worry.

Comment

No, showboating is never a good look to me.

Comment

It's all about how its done, if it's done with class then it's good entertainment. For example, Mayweather crouching down looking at the ropes after Canelo was 20 miles off the target. Or when he was talking about Basketball with the HBO commentators.

But when it's done ala Adrian Broner with him humping Maidana then it's cheap and low.

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
                  This thread just got:

Comment

Originally posted by HWChampion View Post
                    It's all about how its done, if it's done with class then it's good entertainment. For example, Mayweather crouching down looking at the ropes after Canelo was 20 miles off the target. Or when he was talking about Basketball with the HBO commentators.

But when it's done ala Adrian Broner with him humping Maidana then it's cheap and low.
                    True but nothing was more satisfying than seeing Maidana doing it back to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                      I think the only time I like showboating is something like Maidana when he did it back to Broner, as revenge. Maybe when Calzaghe did it to Hopkins (which was sort of a "revenge" too after what BHop said). Generally though, I don't like it. Don't like when Loma does it (looks awkward to me), nor Floyd, didn't like it at all when Roy did it, hated it when Joe did it to Roy.

I think one of the only other times when I thought it looked cool was Mayorga vs Tito but Mayorga was just a madman and he was losing anyway...
                      I am with you. I don't like it either. At least not generally. I also like Maidana. I happen to love the way Calzaghe showboated against Jones. That was kinda like a payback for the many times Jones had done it.

Others that I liked was Leonard against Hagler. At least I did at the time as I was thoroughly in Ray's corner back then.

And of course Ali.

Comment

Working...
                      X