Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Duva: For Kovalev The Rematch is About The Belts, Not Money

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Duva: For Kovalev The Rematch is About The Belts, Not Money

New York - It's been close to 5 months since Sergey Kovalev (30-1-1, 26 KO's) lost a close and what some consider to be a controversial decision to Andre Ward (31-0, 15 KO's). The two were on hand inside a New York hotel to promote their much anticipated rematch taking place on June 17th at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

You say it's not about the money because you can't afford to pay Kovalev. This a man who complained that after fighting Bernard Hopkins, he couldn't afford to buy a house with what was left from his winnings.

Comment

She's mad because Ward is getting more money than the original rematch contract called for.

Comment

Of course it's not about the money....he received a crap payday the first time around. $2M isn't much of anything after you pay 3 sanctioning fees, your promoter, trainer(s), cut man, camp dues, manager(s), and taxes later on.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
          Of course it's not about the money....he received a crap payday the first time around. $2M isn't much of anything after you pay 3 sanctioning fees, your promoter, trainer(s), cut man, camp dues, manager(s), and taxes later on.
          hes actually making negative money when you think about it. this is an outrage.

Comment

I still don't know why he signed long term to main events that's a bottom teir promo company.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
              I still don't know why he signed long term to main events that's a bottom teir promo company.
              Because no other promoter would even give him a look. If the options are down to Main Events and hoping to simply have any promoter let you get onto their show for whatever you can personally sell in tickets, you sign with Main Events.

Comment

I have to give Duva props when she talked about respect and belts at the press conference. She completely killed it. She said something along the lines of One is fighting for the belts and the other is fighting for respect. Kovalev is fighting for the belts because he already has the respect. That was a KO punch from Duva to team Ward. WAR DUVA

Comment

This almost makes me want to root for Kovalev. To good of a fighter to have made so little money in his career. He may need the trilogy financially.

Comment

It's always about the money and if Kovalev had brains he'd have been done with Duva long ago or simply never have signed with her.

Comment

Working...
                    X