Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the better and more skilled boxer? Golovkin or KOvalev?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
    It's laughable how finicky people.
    https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=723722
    https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=721103

In both threads vast majority thought Golovkin is vastly more skilled, which is still true.
    To be fair, this was before they saw Kovalev come just shy against Ward in a debated fight as well as before GGG took more punches than they are used to seeing him take against Brook and Jacobs.

There was a point in time I would've picked GGG over Kovalev (EDIT: Not in a head to head matchup).
    Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 03-24-2017, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Don't let this thread distract you from the fact that kovalev got dropped by GGG in sparring according to himself.

Comment

Originally posted by animelive View Post
        Don't let this thread distract you from the fact that kovalev got dropped by GGG in sparring according to himself.
        Sparring is sparring. You could be out of shape or already worked a ton before and someone can get the better of you in sparring. One could hold back while the other went all out. Floyd got worked by Spadafora when he was still Pretty Boy Floyd. He was out of shape. Would you have picked Paul Spadafora at any point to beat Floyd Mayweather Jr.?

Comment

golovkin, comfortably. people have short memories, it wasnt long ago since kovalev struggled with chilemba. im a big fan of the krusher but i rate him skillwise below usyk loma and ggg.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
            To be fair, this was before they saw Kovalev come just shy against Ward in a debated fight as well as before GGG took more punches than they are used to seeing him take against Brook and Jacobs.

There was a point in time I would've picked GGG over Kovalev (EDIT: Not in a head to head matchup).
            lol ward fans havent got any choice but to rate kovalev, if they say hes crap it reflects badly on ward. i dont think many people on this poll have put any actual thought into there choice by analysing them as boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
              lol ward fans havent got any choice but to rate kovalev, if they say hes crap it reflects badly on ward. i dont think many people on this poll have put any actual thought into there choice by analysing them as boxers.
              Yeah most have. Their resumes tell it all. One fought Ward and arguably won while the other fought Jacobs lol and arguably lost.

Comment

It's not even a contest tbh.

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                Golovkin has ZERO inside game. Kovalev is head and shoulders above Golovkin.
                Can't believe he had the nerve to type that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                  Golovkin has ZERO inside game. Kovalev is head and shoulders above Golovkin.
                  Yeah and Kovalev sure showed his monster inside game while Ward mauled him in the clinches and off the breaks.

Comment

Originally posted by MagicG View Post
                    Golovkin has better inside game, more variety of punches in his arsenal and tougher mentality, Kovalev has a better jab and better resume.
                    Kovalev may be better at certain things but throwing the jab is not one of them. GGG single handily beat Jacobs due to his stiff jab. Jacobs wouldn't even come forward to fight because he was getting his head snapped back all night from the jab.

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
                      Yeah most have. Their resumes tell it all. One fought Ward and arguably won while the other fought Jacobs lol and arguably lost.
                      not gonna start ward bashing but ive had reservations for a while about how good he actually is and i said them before the kovalev fight. people sure as **** have done a 180 on kovalev, maybe its just ward wasnt as good as you all thought, rather than kovalev being better than you thought? cause in the build up you were all laughing saying his best win was against a 50 year old and people kept saying chilemba exposed him. Now hes a mosnter all of a sudden lol. i wasnt hugely impressed with the skill level on show in ward v kovalev either, didnt look like the two best P4P fighters to me.

Comment

Working...
                      X