No announcement yet.

Buy or Sell: If Amir Khan had a solid chin he would currently be undefeated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
    Depends what you mean by solid. Prob wouldn't have lost to Prescott. But Garcia and Canelo would still have ko him

Also Peterson won a decision so. No
    that was nice robbery ,steve Wonder at his best

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      Not with his fighting style. You cannot throw 6/7 punches, without someone timing you with a sweet counter.
      That's what it boils down to, it's not some much that his chin is necessarily terrible but anyone who commits to extended flurries without mind to defence is leaving themselves wide open. Thing is that's what he had success with and he doesn't really have a plan B, just keeps doing the same thing over and over - anyone who can bang a bit and has decent timing will KHTFO.

Comment

If my Aunt Samantha had a c0ck she'd be my Uncle Sam.

Comment

No, even if he had a rock solid chin he would get KOed by good punchers. He gets to lazy, gets hit wit to much for having the speed he has. It's attributed to his horrible footwork. He relies to much on his had speed and not enough on the foot movement.

I can not believe that he is getting a chance to fight Pacquiao in the UAE. Khan has gotten so much undeserved big fights. I really don't understand it.

Comment

Khan is so overrated it is sickening, he is not some master boxer nor does he possess a high boxing IQ. He fights well early and then fades in later rounds kinda like Judah.

Comment

No. He still has a lot of limitations as a boxer. And even if he had a better chin, I don't know if he could have taken those counters for Danny Garcia for a full 12 rounds.

Honestly, his chinniness is not as much of a problem as his lack of intelligence in the pocket. He just doesn't anticipate shots well enough, doesn't have a good sense of distance, and doesn't have an in-built habit of slipping a shot after he counters.

Look at how Thurman kept slipping under Garcia's counters. Khan doesn't have the discipline to do that. And unless you have a James Toney like sixth sense where you always know what's coming, you're going to get caught flush when you don't do that.

Comment

Working...
              X