Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury Summoned By British Boxing Board of Control

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tysons right, he is really uniting people. NSB has never been in so much agreement over the BS reaction by the Brit media and the BBC if they go through with any punishment against Fury.

Comment

If Tyson Fury looks to the Bible for guidance on what is right and wrong then he has every right to express that.

Abortionists and transsexuals aren't the only ones who can give opinions.

Comment

Wouldn't be surprised if he told them to fuck off and got a license elsewhere

Comment

Originally posted by Gojira View Post
          I was thinking exactly the same. Is the a licencing board for southern Ireland?

Comment

Summon him? This mfer a ancient spirit or something.

Come to the US Fury. The UK is never gonna love you like we will in the US. Come to the US, fight in Alabama & call out Wilder & get a title to replace the one they stole.

Comment

How the fück are Fury's comments ****phobic ?

Comment

It seems that he was completely unprepared for the level of scrutiny that he would be placed under once he won those Championship belts.

Equating abortion and ****sexuality with peadophilia is a little misguided to say the least but he's always had a propensity to spout strongly expressed yet ill thought out opinions. He can largely get away with that within the confines of the sport and it's fanbase, after all we're not the most progressive sub set of the population and he has the grace that we're familiar with the many facets of Tyson Fury's character, that can in turn be endearing and idiotic.

For the wider British public and many sections of the press this is the first time they've given the man their attention and it just happens that it's come at a time when he's expressed outdated views about women's roles (though not outdated within his own community, who hold more traditional views on the gender) and an unfortunate prophesy concerning the end of days (come on now, what the ****!)

It's a shame that his tenure has started in this manner as it's difficult to see where he goes from here. That he's a fighting man from the most undereducated section of the British population isn't likely to be considered when stiring up a **** storm sells copy. I doubt he's got the consistency of thought and deed that it's going to take to turn this around.

Unfortunately we seldom ask ourselves why if you can make a good case that sport is inherently coarsening do we look to sportsman to be moral guardians and bastions of ethics? Fingers will be pointed at Tyson Fury and his child-like views when we'd do better to look closer to home and scrutinise our own immature and I'll thought out expectations.

That isn't going to happen though so let's crucify someone who doesn't live up to those instead. Chucking rocks keeps us suitably distracted from our own idoicy I guess.

Comment

LOL - Ok, yeah, I don't share Fury's line of thinking on that subject but...cmon, this is boxing, there is nothing PC about this sport. Never has been

Can BBBoC stop pretending for the outside world please.

Comment

But it's good to have a defiant HW Champion sometimes. It's different than having a WW being the loudmouth of the sport. What are the little peon reporters gonna do to a HW champ?

Comment

Originally posted by Gojira View Post
                      I was thinking the same thing...

Comment

Working...
                      X