Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember that first PROPER body shot you ever took?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

musrt be 10 or 11 yrs ago.

i was in a pretty small club and was one of the tougher lads there includin the older more experienced fighters and the coach loved that about me. he would have me sparring lads way bigger and stronger than me. i didnt mind either...... til THAT night.

i always prided myself on my flat strong stomach and was always willing to trade body shot for body shot with the bigger lads.

then big george landed a sharp left hook into my ribs. it knocked the wind right outta me. i was nearly sick and all. i couldnt breath for the rest of the night. i ended up tring to do a few rounds skipping while the lads all done their end of session floor work because i couldnt do it. i was very embarrassed that night.

and if im honest george didnt throw full power in that shot i dont think. it was just punch perfect.

Comment

Good one I took was in my first sparring session ever, ilooked like a flamingo with the one legup .

Comment

Originally posted by -PITO- View Post
        Good one I took was in my first sparring session ever, ilooked like a flamingo with the one legup .
        love ur profile picture!!! ha ha brilliant

Comment

Lol, thanks

Comment

sick pic. lol

Comment

I havnt taken too many good body shots myself, but enough to know I definitely want to stay away from them. Hurts like hell

Comment

i remember it very well, i even remember where i was in the ring. i got rocked right in the liver, i had to take a knee, only time i had to take a count in sparring.

Comment

it must have been only like the 3rd time i ever sparred...this shorter, stocky brawler came rushing in so i thought i could jab once and step to the side. WRONG, he caught me with a right hook/uppercut under my jab and right then i knew how much pain i was gonna have to take to get any good at this boxing

i realized it helps a lot if you breath out when you think you're gonna take a body shot and your on the defensive(even if you dont throw any punches)...kinda like when you breath out when you throw a punch

i remember hearing wayy back when floyd jr. was fighting at 130~135, how he took a good body shot once and got rocked.. and decided to do like 5000 crunches everyday since then

Comment

I was sparring with another guy at the gym,And he's preparing for a big fight.He hit me with a serious left hook to the body.I did not go down but I could not continue after that.My side hurt like shiet for about 3 days and I could not breathe deep for about an hour.the bastard!!.

Comment

Working...
                    X