No announcement yet.

Great moment between Eddie Hearn and Nkosi Solomon after he lost his pro debut

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd loss his career isn't over!

Wangek lost his two first fights and look at him today.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
      Kinda feel bad for this kid...he looks mentally very upset
      Sh^t man who wouldn't be. He was a notable amateur guy. He was the '16 US champion. I think he's one of the kids Hearn signed that wasn't even thinking of turning pro yet til he got a sexy offer from Hearn. Probably getting his rent paid for. A car to drive. Monthly stipend. And a bigger purse then average for his first fight(s). And with that L his whole future got a monkey wrench thrown into it. Rough situation for him or anyone to be in I imagine.

Comment

nice lil peptalk, there are guys who would cut a fighter who debuted and lost, and who have language in their contracts that fighters can be cut from contracts or stables if they lose early.

anybody got a link ot the fight? maybe i can watch it on DAzn? i did give eddie my 5 quid a month after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
          Haymon wouldn't have even given him a phone call.
          Even though he still talks to Paul Williams every week?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Idk if thats all that great a moment. I watched this yesterday on YT & thought it was an interesting moment for sure doe.

And it was kinda f#cked up Hearn said if you lose your next fight your career is over. Which isn't even true necessarily although I took the real meaning of that to be "your DAZN/Matchroom USA" career is over. Granted its a hard trivia question to name the guy who lost his first 2 fights to become the most notable/famous guy in boxing, but that doesn't mean its not possible still.
            Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
            2nd loss his career isn't over!

Wangek lost his two first fights and look at him today.
            I like that he told him that. It puts pressure on him. Now he gets to see how the kid reacts to pressure. If he loses he can probably go somewhere else and restart his career . But we'll know he doesn't handle pressure well and the next time he's in a pressure situation he'll fold

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
              Full admission at 0:40 that AJ has **** stamina.....there ya go
              Yeah...you might need comprehension lessons.

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
              Haymon wouldn't have even given him a phone call.
              Pathetic.

Comment

Losing in a row with no wins in the beginning of your career in todays boxing is not good so hearn in that sense is right. Hes being honest with Nkosi who is a very skilled but very small heavyweight in sheer weight. Hes not Wilder who possesses power but much more skilled which shows why hitting hard is very crucial in todays giant men game. I watched Solomon in the amatuers and he has talent, simple corrections and he wins that fight again 4 out of 5 times.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
                  Kinda feel bad for this kid...he looks mentally very upset
                  That alone should have told Eddie that this fighter is not in a place (mentally) to be receiving this info. But, it's clear Eddie is doing this for the camera and ignoring the fact that the kid doesn't wanna be standing there hearing that, nor is it doing anything to help him while he's distraught.
                  Last edited by Redd Foxx; 10-10-2018, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    That alone should have told Eddie that this fighter is not in a place (mentally) to be receiving this info. But, it's clear Eddie is doing this for the camera Abba ignoring the fact that the kid doesn't wanna be standing there hearing that, nor is it doing anything to help him while he's distraught.
                    yep, pure publicity stunt, totally mugging the camera....advice is best when it's discrete

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                      I like that he told him that. It puts pressure on him. Now he gets to see how the kid reacts to pressure. If he loses he can probably go somewhere else and restart his career . But we'll know he doesn't handle pressure well and the next time he's in a pressure situation he'll fold
                      Don't we already know he doesn't act well under pressure based on that fight? I'd say we do. Some cats only increase their failure rate with more pressure on them. Everyone ain't the same. Doesn't mean he can't be successful in boxing if he sucks under pressure. Probably limits the success he can have I'd agree with that. He just needs to work within the confines he requires to succeed on his own rules.

Comment

Working...
                      X