Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Wilder-Fury make more revenue then Joshua-Povetkin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, I don't think so. They can't charge that much for tickets even in Vegas because Wilder and Fury aren't huge superstars.

Comment

Originally posted by Falkano View Post
      Really?

Wembley will be 90000 people. Cheapest ticket is $70.
      AJ's last fight had over 1m buys in the UK.
      Fights in Vegas do far more revenue than even a wembley fight, so providing it sells out, it may generate a fair bit more.

The gate receipt for AJ v Klitschko was £8m. Canelo v GGG in Vegas was $27m (about £20m).

Now i know they aren't going to be pulling in as much as GGG v Canelo, but a sell out crowd in Vegas for this kind of fight could still exceed a wembley fight.

Then given the PPV price difference in USA to UK, even if they did about 250k, they might get similar revenue to AJ's UK PPV. AJ won't do 1m PPV's v Povetkin. The tickets are nowhere near sold out either.

USA revenue alone might exceed the AJ fight and that's not even including the BT sport PPV revenue from the UK side of things.

That's why they could offer AJ $50m. The gates and PPV sales bring in much more in USA. more expensive tickets and PPV.

There's a reason fighters aim to fight in main events in Vegas...
      Last edited by TheBigLug; 08-22-2018, 07:34 PM.

Comment

I will say i think it is a genius move for either to show they don't have to take short money for Joshua and it will make fans demand Hearn to make the fight

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
          what are your thoughts?
          Nope not even close Joshua is selling out stadiums

Comment

Originally posted by Falkano View Post
            Really?

Wembley will be 90000 people. Cheapest ticket is $70.
            AJ's last fight had over 1m buys in the UK.

Wilder has not been on PPV so can't guess how many buys it will do.
            If it is at the t mobile its maximum capacity is 20000.

Unless ppv buys are huge there is zero chance of it making more than Aj's next fight. The gate receipts on their own? Get real.
            cheapest ticket is actually £40 which is $51 us dollars

Comment

I'm not sure how this dazn thing works and the details of how it generates revenue.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                Does that change the split???
                joshua povetkin will do bigger numbers, but the fury fight will change the split, for sure

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
                  Fights in Vegas do far more revenue than even a wembley fight, so providing it sells out, it may generate a fair bit more.

The gate receipt for AJ v Klitschko was £8m. Canelo v GGG in Vegas was $27m (about £20m).

Now i know they aren't going to be pulling in as much as GGG v Canelo, but a sell out crowd in Vegas for this kind of fight could still exceed a wembley fight.

Then given the PPV price difference in USA to UK, even if they did about 250k, they might get similar revenue to AJ's UK PPV. AJ won't do 1m PPV's v Povetkin. The tickets are nowhere near sold out either.

USA revenue alone might exceed the AJ fight and that's not even including the BT sport PPV revenue from the UK side of things.

That's why they could offer AJ $50m. The gates and PPV sales bring in much more in USA. more expensive tickets and PPV.

There's a reason fighters aim to fight in main events in Vegas...
                  Off topic but every time I see your avatar, for a second I think it's a group of klansmen.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                    Off topic but every time I see your avatar, for a second I think it's a group of klansmen.
                    Hah, i never noticed that and it does look like that.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
                      How u gonna watch Josh/Pov in a bar when it's only on DAZN.
                      Well, Ill watch a free stream of it unless its one of those $15 dollar euro ppvs. Im done spending $65+ FOR A PPV.

Comment

Working...
                      X