No announcement yet.

Andre Ward vs Dmitry Bivol

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Ward vs Dmitry Bivol

How do you see this playing out based on the common opponent (Barrera)?

IMO it might be a harder fight for Ward than the Kovalev fight since Bivol is very fleet footed with his foot work, the way he goes in and out, moving his feet while punching, taking a step back then countering, might be a very hard fight for the aging Andre Ward, and could be a fight he might get beaten. Bivol's hand speed too, a thing of beauty in the LHW.

It entirely depends where the fight is, Ward has 2-3 losses on his record if he fought kovalev/kessler abroad, i would favour bivol with a neutral location, reff & judges, if not then ward wins another decision.

Comment

Dmitry Bivol using self defense in a street fight.

Comment

Danny Garcia vs Maurice Hooker street fight

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
          How do you see this playing out based on the common opponent (Barrera)?

IMO it might be a harder fight for Ward than the Kovalev fight since Bivol is very fleet footed with his foot work, the way he goes in and out, moving his feet while punching, taking a step back then countering, might be a very hard fight for the aging Andre Ward, and could be a fight he might get beaten. Bivol's hand speed too, a thing of beauty in the LHW.
          I doubt Ward would leave retirement to fight Bivol.If he did I think Bivol would beat him up and knock him out. Barrera hardly landed a punch on Bivol. Ward easily beat Barrera but Bivol beat Barrera even easier and stopped him. Bivol is the best light heavyweight in the world in my opinion. He will beat Kovalev if they fight.

Comment

Ward too intelligent and experienced for him.

Bivol-Kovalev a better matchup.

Comment

Ward has too much for Biv, UD.

Beterbeef would be more interesting.

Comment

Hope Bivol beats him, but he needs more experience

Comment

Ward via UD

Comment

Its hard to see past a ward points win in this one

Comment

Working...