No announcement yet.

The Official: "Hi-Tech" Lomachenko vs. "Axe-Man" Walters Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see the fight hinging on a couple things;

Walters has the power, reach, and timing to cause major problems for Loma. But, he's going to have to come in with the mindset that he's going to pressure him. He's got to implement a Salido-like gameplan, but using his high level technique. If he tries to play chess like he's been known to sometimes do, he gets out-boxed and weakened before he gets a chance to do something about it.

Loma's catch 22 is that if he uses his dazzling speed and floating footwork, he's going to get mobbed. Experienced, rugged guys are going to walk through his offense. In his last fight, we saw Loma finally sit down on his punches and apply power. He got hit with a few shots he normally wouldn't, and lost a fraction of his speed, but that's the kind of thing he's got to do with strong fighters. He must keep them at bay by exhibiting enough power to make them think twice.
    Last edited by Redd Foxx; 10-24-2016, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Loma has the advantage boxing and Walters like's to land from distance, bad formula for walters. But walters has power advantage and size. I still like Loma to kinda school walters

Comment

Let's all hope it's Lomachenko. If Walters wins, I think it'll be a problem getting him in the ring with other fighters since he'd want so much money.

Comment

This is going to be a beast of a fight. I already have tickets. Gonna be great to witness this in person.

Comment

I voted for Loma by UD but could also be a late KO

Comment

Not sure why people think Lomachenko will have such an easy time with Walters. Walters will be the most skilled opponent that Lomachenko has faced. Not to mention he is Lomachenko's size, not some short, plodding, crude, face first Latin guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Raonic View Post
                Let's all hope it's Lomachenko. If Walters wins, I think it'll be a problem getting him in the ring with other fighters since he'd want so much money.
                Why would the guy who makes far less than Lomachenko have problems getting people in the ring?

Comment

I am rooting for Loma but if Walters decide to punch with Loma he could make it interesting. If Walters decides to box it's game over for him.

Comment

Originally posted by The Akbar One View Post
                    Why would the guy who makes far less than Lomachenko have problems getting people in the ring?
                    Walters already priced himself out once. Lomachenko's been willing to give up a percentage of his purse to get other guys in the ring.

Comment

This is not a good matchup for Loma. Walters throws heat in an unconventional way. Bad news for a guy as technically excellent as Lomachenko. If Walters even makes weight.

Comment

Working...
                      X