Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighters that never had a close fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighters that never had a close fight?

Which fighters either lose clearly or won clearly on pretty much every occasion?.

I have:
    Edwin Valero
    Naseem Hamed
    Prime Roy Jones (besides the first Tarver fight and the Griffith fight before the DQ)
    Gerald McClellan
    Mike Tyson
    Lennox Lewis
    Tito Trinidad

Trinidad vs. De La Hoya was highly disputed. Not sure I would include Tito.

Sonny Liston comes to mind. Though many believe he took dives against Ali, myself included.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post

Sonny Liston comes to mind. Though many believe he took dives against Ali, myself included.
      I don't think that the fight was close, i think that it was given to the wrong fighter tho.

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
        Which fighters either lose clearly or won clearly on pretty much every occasion?.

I have:
        Edwin Valero
        Naseem Hamed
        Prime Roy Jones (besides the first Tarver fight and the Griffith fight before the DQ)
        Gerald McClellan
        Mike Tyson
        Lennox Lewis
        Tito Trinidad
        Big fan of Lenkox but he did have a close fight with Merciless Ray Mercer.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
          Big fan of Lenkox but he did have a close fight with Merciless Ray Mercer.
          You are completely right, that was a really close one indeed, i forgot it at the moment.

Comment

a picture is worth a thousand words

Comment

Originally posted by T3dBundy View Post

a picture is worth a thousand words
              Read some books.

Comment

Read some books.
                i have eyes no need to read a book when u can watch the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by T3dBundy View Post
                  i have eyes no need to read a book when u can watch the fight.
                  Sure thing. Easy cop out. Lol.

Comment

Sure thing. Easy cop out. Lol.
                    instead of arguing with me go watch the first fight, listen to joe louis's commentary, the reaction of the crowd everytime clay makes liston miss a punch by an inch etc. and u might realize the fight is actually legit. liston took quite a beating in that fight and was extremely frustrated because clay was just too slick that day. the second fight the ref just ****ed it up, today ali would get disqualified for standing over liston instead of going to the neutral corner. he also listened to nat fleischer who said liston was already down for 20 seconds, i just think liston waited till the ref starts counting. it was a stupid stoppage imo.. the second fight took a lot away from the brilliancy of the first fight, the first fight is my favorit boxing match ever, ali's footwork was incredible.

Comment

Working...
                    X