Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In hindsight should JMM have taken the Amir Khan fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no. Beating greats like Likar Ramos & Serhiy Fedchenko increase JMM's legacy 10 fold.

Comment

From what I heard Marquez was originally set to sign the contract with Khan having never heard of him before, but pulled out at the last second when he was informed by Nacho that Khan didn't drive an ice cream truck for a living.

Comment

Yes he should have taken that fight and I was surprised when he turned it down. With his pin point punching and Khan's weak chin I though he was a good bet to score a KO and had the skills to outpoint him as well. Maybe he thought he would not get a fair shake on the score cards since Golden Boy had such big plans for Khan.I remember he said he would not be a stepping stone for Khan or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
          From what I heard Marquez was originally set to sign the contract with Khan having never heard of him before, but pulled out at the last second when he was informed by Nacho that Khan didn't drive an ice cream truck for a living.
          Damn that's harsh on JMM dude lol

Comment

I agree, and I'm not sure why JMM didn't take the fight neither, it was a golden opportunity. I always felt that Marquez would have stopped him easily in the mid rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
              I agree, and I'm not sure why JMM didn't take the fight neither, it was a golden opportunity. I always felt that Marquez would have stopped him easily in the mid rounds.
              his dum manager nacho. One of the worst managers in the sport

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
                Marquez is smaller doesn't hit as hard as Garcia and Khan would have fought him smarter
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Would have been a interesting fight.

Comment

Nah.... IMO not a good matchup for JMM

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
                      Nah.... IMO not a good matchup for JMM
                      He just smacked up manny at 147 but khan is a difficult matchp at 140?

Comment

Working...
                      X