Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz To Face Christian Hammer, March 2 At Barclays

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Ortiz wins this will be his best win after Jennings!

Comment

Good fight card. Looking forward to Castano and Lara. Hammer isn't part of the top level of heavyweights but he's good enough to keep that top level honest; if you don't prepare he will probably make it a tougher night than it should be. He's beaten Teper and Wallisch and most of his losses came earlier, only Fury and Povetkin beating him more recently. I think he will give Ortiz some tough rounds and will be coming to win.

Comment

Dominic Breazeale, MAN UP! You should be fighting Luis Ortiz!

Comment

Originally posted by Azzie View Post
          Not bad stay busy fight for Ortiz, Hammer is definitely a better journeyman than Kaufman and is better than who Miller is fighting. The only question is how many stay busy and tune up fights experienced boxer like Ortiz need at the end of his career?
          The biggest problem is no one wants to fight him. We can use all the bull****e excuses we want “he brings nothing” blah blah. Truth is he’d KO any HW out there with one shot and they know it.

Comment

Viva King Kong! I like that he is staying active.

I think he toyed with Kauffman in December.

Comment

Originally posted by DougalDylan View Post
              ... because literally only Wilder fans rate him that highly.

but maybe they could do it in Miami or something. Do people watch boxing there ?

.. PS he mentioned him in his last DAZN interview, he's just way down the list. Whyte just looks way better on the basis of recent fights, even Millers much maligned opponents are better.

To be fair Hammer isn't that bad for an opponent given his recent dross for opponents , I'd just rather seem in with a fringe top 10 if he still wants to try for a title shot.
              He's rated highly by every single boxing expert and organisation.

Stop trying to protect AJ. It's weird and creepy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jkp View Post

Whytes rated higher in all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jkp View Post

.. he's falling down those ratings like a stone, he never fights and fights dross. He needs to take a risk and no he won't get a ppv fight, he needs a good fight. He took 350K purse to fight Wilder. Isn't he Al's side of the fence he has loads of heavyweights. he's down to eighth and Brezeale will overtake him soon.

Hammer is not that bad relatively speaking but lying about the quality of his opponents isn't going to help. He's popular in the US right (he let himself down big time in the UK .. go watch the Malik Scott fight on youtube) someone must want to fight him there.

Why would anyone think that AJ is protected from Ortiz based on what performance , what is the rest of the world missing. At least Wilder has a punch, Brezeale can take a beating, Miller throws lots of shots .. Ortiz has .. a bad heart problem ... I'm staring at his record .. Jennings and I'm struggling . His amateur record aint that great either, its not terrible but nothing stellar, Povetkin beat him easily enough. He's a neat looking boxer (not Fury level), personally I'd give him another chance but he seems to have given up.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldognyc View Post
                    I like the idea of usyk vs Povetkin. It’s a good debut at the division for Usyk. Same height and considering that Povetkin struggled mightily against Huck years back I can see Usyk giving him work. Pulev is a joke. Guy won’t fight a live body unless that fighter has a belt.
                    Agreed on both thoughts. Won't be surprised if that fight is made soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                      Dominic Breazeale, MAN UP! You should be fighting Luis Ortiz!
                      He's the WBC mando, no way he risks it against Ortiz. Will get winner of Wilder/Fury II.

Comment

Working...
                      X